Dish is having a squabble with Disney/ESPN channels

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Which means I'm totally out of luck watching football today. OM/Kentucky is on at 11 on ESPN, and our game is on the SEC Network (part of ESPN) so out of luck there too. The SECN outage may affect all of us, not just Dish customers.

I wonder if they can get things settled in the next hour? Usually when Dish has a squabble with local channels it takes months to rectify. Never have had ESPN channels and other Disney things to go away before.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Save some money. Cut the cord. You can get free trials with Hulu and YouTube TV. Sounds like a good day to try it.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Save some money. Cut the cord. You can get free trials with Hulu and YouTube TV. Sounds like a good day to try it.

I'm not going to cut the cord permanently, but I'm looking into the free trial with one of those two streaming services.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
ESPN/Disney is paying a LOT of money for football games to be broadcast. You'd think they'd want the issue with Dish to be resolved in a hurry.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Lots of games are free on YouTube if you just look up "college football live".

OK, I tried that. I have a Sony TV and it has a YouTube button on it. Went there, searched for College Football Live, and Gameday showed up. May be in good shape at least for the start of the Bears game. We'll see.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
OK, I tried that. I have a Sony TV and it has a YouTube button on it. Went there, searched for College Football Live, and Gameday showed up. May be in good shape at least for the start of the Bears game. We'll see.

Had it on GameDay, went outside for a few minutes, and it's switched over to something called Oh Baby, a program about baby animals. Looks like you can only watch free for a few minutes. Will have to try other methods.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login