POLL: Interlocking Logo/NIL Drive

Would you take part in an NIL drive to the BI/SEF tied to the interlocking logo?

• Total voters

DawgSZN12

Feb 3, 2022
Voting Chris Farley GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg and Xenomorph

DawgSZN12

Feb 3, 2022
Just wanted to pitch this idea — what if there was some NIL goal set to reach to bring back just the interlocking helmets (not necessarily the 1998 jersey/uni combo) for X number of games per season? I would venture to guess the financials related to merch and items sold with the interlocking logo since its release last year is pretty strong. I would think there’s enough people who would love to see the interlocking logo on the helmets more or permanently that an NIL drive with a goal could be pretty successful.

DawgSZN12

Feb 3, 2022
@CharlieWinfield do you think something like this could generate enough NIL revenue to make a difference? Seems like a worthy cause + a compromise of sorts on a topic that has long divided the fan base & admin. It’s a chance to get on the same page + raise money for a great cause.

DawgSZN12

Feb 3, 2022
Selmon has shown he will engage in conversation. If there’s overwhelming data suggesting serious $$ could be made, then it’ll be made public that he had a layup to get some more cash for NIL and denied it out of stubbornness. Bringing $$ and NIL into this, I don’t think he’ll turn a blind eye to this if we can get enough cash behind us.

maroontide06

Dec 14, 2023
Please vote. Thank you.
Here’s my question. Why do you need NIL money to put the interlocking MSU logo on the football helmets? Does the athletic department not realize their mistake in only having it in one game last year? If you want to tie that logo to NIL be my guest, but in order for folks with deep pockets to get on board with that you’ll need some set in stone guarantees. Good luck with your endeavor.

DawgSZN12

Feb 3, 2022
Here’s my question. Why do you need NIL money to put the interlocking MSU logo on the football helmets? Does the athletic department not realize their mistake in only having it in one game last year? If you want to tie that logo to NIL be my guest, but in order for folks with deep pockets to get on board with that you’ll need some set in stone guarantees. Good luck with your endeavor.
Unfortunately they don’t realize that it’s asinine and is telling the fan base that its collective opinion is meaningless.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Unfortunately they don’t realize that it’s asinine and is telling the fan base that its collective opinion is meaningless.
How many years now have you been crying about a logo? You were on Genes board whinning and now you are here, years later.

Aesthetically, "interlocking msu" is the worst logo State has ever worn. It represents the three worst years of MSU football since the 60s.

HailStorm15

Sep 26, 2023
How many years now have you been crying about a logo? You were on Genes board whinning and now you are here, years later.

Aesthetically, "interlocking msu" is the worst logo State has ever worn.
That's just like, your opinion

DawgSZN12

Feb 3, 2022

Aesthetically, "interlocking msu" is the worst logo State has ever worn. It represents the three worst years of MSU football since the 60s.
You know who I am. Good. I like that. I have no clue who you are.

maroontide06

Dec 14, 2023
I may be. But I ain’t heard no bell.
No you haven’t, but in order to make some headwinds you’ll need to get the athletic department to see the error of their ways in only having that helmet/uniform in 1 game last year. It was the best looking uniform and the best Scott Field has looked in a long time.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022

Your opinion is the minority and Your vote is noted. If you don’t like the thread then don’t post in it, clown.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login