Do we have TOO MANY Receivers playing?

wrapit

Nov 30, 2008
Playing 8 seems to keep any from getting in a groove with lots of reps. Plus, more variation for Will to get in sync with from a QB -- individual Receiver standpoint.
In the pros, you'll see 3 maybe 4 receivers per game???

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Not sure if you've noticed, but Leach's offense is not exactly typical.

He literally said in his opening meeting with the team (that eventually was made into a video), that "we are going to do things differently than most teams do, and we're very proud of that".

This is exactly what we need, because I don't know if you've noticed, but we aren't exactly rolling around in wide receiver talent at MSU, and never have historically.

Reactions: Mack Rebennack

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I do agree that it's hard for a WR to get in a rhythm. With that being said, Makai Polk didn't have any problems doing it.

Puppychow

Nov 5, 2014
Agreed.. WR’s need reps to feel comfortable in a game. Two deep at each position seems ideal and keeps the best talent on the field. Three and four deep dilutes things a bit.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Agreed.. WR’s need reps to feel comfortable in a game. Two deep at each position seems ideal and keeps the best talent on the field. Three and four deep dilutes things a bit.
Well, in that case, 8 WR’s getting regular reps makes sense. We run 4 WR sets almost exclusively….so that’s still only going 2-deep.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I’m guessing this staff knows how to manage a receiver room. Those receivers are equal to or greater than the majority of previous rosters and they are productive. I’d like to see a better talent profile develop but that may take another few classes. Winning games like this one make that possible. Gotta get it done.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login