Do we really have 10-11 SEC quality players on MBB?

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
Molinar
Jeffries
Brooks
Mathews
Moore
Watts
Tolu
Fountain
Carter
Garcia
Davis (ok probably not him)

That seems like something we should be very excited about.

msudawg200

Feb 1, 2012
I’m not convinced either way yet on Garcia, and I don’t think Davis is, but I do see 9 maybe 10.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Matthews is the glue guy. He's on the floor and everything is working better. That guys a player. This is a talented team.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I guess time will tell once we start playing better competition, but I’ll say this. The intensity these guys are showing on defense is some thing I don’t feel like I’ve seen in 15+ years

Jack Klompus.sixpack

Mar 6, 2021
I have a really good feeling about this team. Nice not to see sloppy play and not throwing the ball out of bounds every possession.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Davis has been seen as an SEC caliber player by the two he played for and others, but now he's not.

Think more, type less...

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
When Molinar wants to score. He's pretty much unstoppable. Whish he'd do that more when we hit those dry patches.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
I guess time will tell once we start playing better competition, but I’ll say this. The intensity these guys are showing on defense is some thing I don’t feel like I’ve seen in 15+ years

You are right. I was at the game last Saturday. Other than a couple of lapses, every person on the court has their man locked down, prevented drives into the lane, and were playing intense the entire possession. The footwork of many of these guys is great. The freshman can really guard the perimeter. I was impressed

hailstate19

Nov 7, 2015
Our transition game is so much smoother than I have seen in a long time. Also I like the way we can shoot the 3 ball. Haven't really had a team like this in a while. They are fun to watch.

Last edited:

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
Davis has been seen as an SEC caliber player by the two he played for and others, but now he's not.

Think more, type less...

I hope I’m wrong, but his free throw shooting makes him an incredible liability on the floor. Having another big can never hurt.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I hope I’m wrong, but his free throw shooting makes him an incredible liability on the floor. Having another big can never hurt.

His FT shooting is horrendous and is a major liability, but he sees the floor because he has an SEC level frame and physicality.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
His FT shooting is horrendous and is a major liability, but he sees the floor because he has an SEC level frame and physicality.

He struggles to handle the ball when the paint is conjested.
His ft% is atrocious.
He isn't an offensive threat.

But he has an SEC level frame, so cool.

G-Dawg

Sep 6, 2012

Yeah, I really like how fast their hands are and how many deflections and steals they get. I HAMMERED Howland in his first few years about how bad we were defensively but this bunch looks like they don't mind getting after it on that end of the floor. A welcomed change, fo sho.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
One thing I have noticed is that so far - this team has a higher basketball IQ than previous years. Less mind numbing passes, horrible shots 5 seconds into the shot clock, and less me first attitudes.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Our shot selection is a product of that - we're averaging 46% from 3 point land

when was the last time we started the season that hot? And we've played a lot of scrubby teams early in the year in the past. Our shot selection has been excellent so far.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login