Does Arkansas beating Texas A&M on the road hurt us?

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
Why would it hurt us? We beat Ark and haven’t played TxAM. Ark net will move up which will in turn cause our net to be better

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
It also helps us because A&M is a fellow bubble team. Their losing and falling back helps us move ahead. Also, I hate watching them play. They play such an ugly style of basketball that I hope they lose every game.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Our NET dropped three spots overnight but don’t think it had anything to do with Arkansas winning. More about teams around in the rankings winning big yesterday.

Reactions: Dawgg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Net rankings move on a lot different things. Dont get caught up in it too much daily. I like to check it week to week.

We are in a good place both net and rpi wise. Have to keep winning to stay there.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Our NET dropped three spots overnight but don’t think it had anything to do with Arkansas winning. More about teams around in the rankings winning big yesterday.
Couple of big jumps:
Boise State jumped 8 spots, but they didn't have a huge win. They beat an 8-18 SJSU, so I'm going to assume this is a case where somebody they beat previously had a big win.
Wake Forest jumped 14 spots and also didn't have a huge win. They beat a decent but unremarkable 17-9 Pitt team, so I'm not sure.

It's all crazy.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Couple of big jumps:
Boise State jumped 8 spots, but they didn't have a huge win. They beat an 8-18 SJSU, so I'm going to assume this is a case where somebody they beat previously had a big win.
Wake Forest jumped 14 spots and also didn't have a huge win. They beat a decent but unremarkable 17-9 Pitt team, so I'm not sure.

It's all crazy.

Margin of victory in both of those wins was significant, I’m sure it played a role.

Reactions: Dawgg

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
It also helps us because A&M is a fellow bubble team. Their losing and falling back helps us move ahead. Also, I hate watching them play. They play such an ugly style of basketball that I hope they lose every game.
Our game in College Station against the Cult should a real beauty.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login