Does Lemonis survive the season?

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
I am wondering if it isn't just best to give him his walking papers now. Foxhall too. Give Henderson the chance he should have had and never got.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Foxhall sure as hell shouldn't. This is the worst I can remember our pitching. Hitting still sucks too

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I am wondering if it isn't just best to give him his walking papers now. Foxhall too. Give Henderson the chance he should have had and never got.
You’re an absolute moron for suggesting Henderson. No offense.*******

But yes, it truly needs to be all of nothing if we make a move this season. No remnants left behind and we also further rid ourselves of Cohen’s godawful legacy.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If we continue to have performances of MSU baseball at this level, he will be gone by the season's end, if not sooner. I would have never believed it if you had told me before the season I figured he had at least one more if he at least had a mediocre season. But if it continues to be this bad, there's no way they can't get rid of him.

Last edited:
Reactions: preacher_dawg

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
What top end recruits will ever come here knowing they will get **** on for not winning every game?

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Are you aware Henderson is 1-4 in his 2nd season as HC at Utah? Did you know he lost 3 of 4 games this year vs University of San Francisco...a program that has won just 2 conference championships in 77 seasons, the last one 12 years ago, and both teams were eliminated immediately from postseason play? In other words, USF has a terrible baseball program.

Did you know Utah had a losing season in his first season as HC?

There are many very good reasons we did not give Hendu the HC job based on his track record as HC at UK. Nothing he has done since has made that look like a bad decision.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
How many recruiting battles against major schools has Lemonis won over the past couple of years? This past recruiting class seemed alright.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Are you aware Henderson is 1-4 in his 2nd season as HC at Utah? Did you know he lost 3 of 4 games this year vs University of San Francisco...a program that has won just 2 conference championships in 77 seasons, the last one 12 years ago, and both teams were eliminated immediately from postseason play? In other words, USF has a terrible baseball program.

Did you know Utah had a losing season in his first season as HC?

There are many very good reasons we did not give Hendu the HC job based on his track record as HC at UK. Nothing he has done since has made that look like a bad decision.
Nobody, I mean nobody has won at that place. They went 26-27 in Hendo's first year. That's better than our record last year. The four years prior to his arrival they were 55-112. He's not the guy I'd want as H/C (pitching coach maybe) but he's vastly improved that program.

Last edited:
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
If my options are Lemonis or Henderson, I’m sticking with Lemonis.

Regardless, unless something off the field happens, I can’t see Lemonis being fired in the middle of the season. We may move on after the season. My guess is, Lemonis is back next year with a different staff.

Reactions: msstatelp1

patdog

May 28, 2007
I continue to believe we won it all despite him, not because of him. Jake Mangum's on the field leadership and his inspiration of so many more on the field leaders into the first year without him was what won it for us.
Not just Mangum. We had some other great leaders on those teams too. Those weren’t Lemonis recruits.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I continue to believe we won it all despite him, not because of him. Jake Mangum's on the field leadership and his inspiration of so many more on the field leaders into the first year without him was what won it for us.
Mangum’s last year was 2019. This is such a goofy statement to me. You don’t wanna give Lemonis credit, that’s fine. It clearly looks like he’s not the coach I thought he was. But go look at the national championship roster and how many guys never even played with mangum. Our starting C, 2B, 3B, SS, LF never played with mangum. Bednar, sims, Preston Johnson never played with mangum.

Oct 13, 2012
just fire the fatass now and let Gautreau finish the season. the writing is on the wall that lemonis has a single digit iq and the real coaches that went to omaha were mangum and allen

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
What's the standard for firing a baseball coach mid season? Do we can them all and let Polk finish the season? Do we let cheeseburger take charge?

At the end of the day I want them gone, yesterday, but what happens for the rest of the season?

I've seen more than enough.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
He will probably survive the season but will be fired the day after.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Zero reason for that. Get ahead of the rest of the teams searching. Zack is on the clock at this point.
I disagree. I don’t see the benefit to firing him in the middle of the season. Anybody that is interested will be interested if we fire him tomorrow or the day after the season. If AD knows he’s going to fire him after season, he should have a list ready to go. It won’t be hard to fill the job.

YesIAmAPirate

Oct 3, 2022
I disagree. I don’t see the benefit to firing him in the middle of the season. Anybody that is interested will be interested if we fire him tomorrow or the day after the season. If AD knows he’s going to fire him after season, he should have a list ready to go. It won’t be hard to fill the job.
It worked out better than most thought the last time we fired a coach a few weeks into the season

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Nobody, I mean nobody has won at that place. They went 26-27 in Hendo's first year. That's better than our record last year. The four years prior to his arrival they were 55-112, He's improved the program.
Last year was his first year. In his 2nd, he has started 1-4 with 3 losses to a perennially bad baseball program. He became Associate HC at Utah for the canceled 2020 season. In his one full season as AHC Utah gave up the 2nd most runs against since Utah joined the PAC-12 in 2012. In his first as HC they gave up the 3rd most.

This year they have averaged giving up 7 runs-per-game. Granted, they gave up 14 in one game vs Houston, but it was the same Houston team that got run-ruled 2-12 vs UT-San Antonio in their previous game.

Isn't pitching supposed to be a strength for him?

The previous HC had similar records in 2016 & 2017 (winning record), but also did much better in-conference. In the 8 PAC-12 full seasons prior to Hendu's hire they gave up more runs just once. So, no, I do not think Henderson has improved the program.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
If my options are Lemonis or Henderson, I’m sticking with Lemonis.

Regardless, unless something off the field happens, I can’t see Lemonis being fired in the middle of the season. We may move on after the season. My guess is, Lemonis is back next year with a different staff.
Last year was his first year. In his 2nd, he has started 1-4 with 3 losses to a perennially bad baseball program. He became Associate HC at Utah for the canceled 2020 season. In his one full season as AHC Utah gave up the 2nd most runs against since Utah joined the PAC-12 in 2012. In his first as HC they gave up the 3rd most.

This year they have averaged giving up 7 runs-per-game. Granted, they gave up 14 in one game vs Houston, but it was the same Houston team that got run-ruled 2-12 vs UT-San Antonio in their previous game.

Isn't pitching supposed to be a strength for him?

The previous HC had similar records in 2016 & 2017 (winning record), but also did much better in-conference. In the 8 PAC-12 full seasons prior to Hendu's hire they gave up more runs just once. So, no, I do not think Henderson has improved the program.
It's not hard. Do the math. 48% winning percentage vs 33%. That's the only stat that matters.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
You could more accurately have said this about our 2017 team that Hendu took over as interim. Both Jake's leadership & inspiration and the fact that Big Hit Mac got red hot in March had more to do with our 2017 success. I recall several bonehead coaching decisions Hendu made, many of which he got bailed out of by timely hitting, etc.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
It's not hard. Do the math. 48% winning percentage vs 33%. That's the only stat that matters.
Wrong. You are basing that on one...ONE full season as HC. That's how people often use "facts" to "prove" something that isn't true. What evidence is there that Hendu will not do the same or worse than the previous HC did after 2016-2017?

Even though I had to emphasize Hendu's one season as HC + one as AHC, the fact that both those years produced the 2nd & 3rd-most runs scored against in Utah's PAC-12 history is more significant because Henderson's supposed strength is as a pitching coach.

Lemonis' winning % at State is .671, the highest in our history. Do the math on that one and explain why you're ready to dump Lemonis in favor of a guy who is .480, but also with a TERRIBLE record of runs against.

Last edited:

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
There is zero chance we are hiring Henderson to be the head coach. I can’t even believe some of you want that.
Uh, where did I say I wanted that? Matter of fact I said I would only take him as pitching coach. I just argued the point that he had improved Utah.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login