Does Lemonis survive the season?

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Wrong. You are basing that on one...ONE full season as HC. That's how people often use "facts" to "prove" something that isn't true. What evidence is there that Hendu will not do the same or worse than the previous HC did after 2016-2017?

Even though I had to emphasize Hendu's one season as HC + one as AHC, the fact that both those years produced the 2nd & 3rd-most runs scored against in Utah's PAC-12 history is more significant because Henderson's supposed strength is as a pitching coach.
Wrong. You are basing that on one...ONE full season as HC. That's how people often use "facts" to "prove" something that isn't true. What evidence is there that Hendu will not do the same or worse than the previous HC did after 2016-2017?

Even though I had to emphasize Hendu's one season as HC + one as AHC, the fact that both those years produced the 2nd & 3rd-most runs scored against in Utah's PAC-12 history is more significant because Henderson's supposed strength is as a pitching coach.

Lemonis' winning % at State is .671, the highest in our history. Do the math on that one and explain why you're ready to dump Lemonis in favor of a guy who is .480, but also with a TERRIBLE record of runs against.
I mean seriously, do you even read the post? Did you read were I said I would only hire him for pitching coach? My only argument on here is that he won more games there last year than they had in a while and they were improved. I'm not advocating him for HC at all.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Super critical hire for Selmon.
Saw this and thought he might go after Skip Johnson, then looked and saw where OU is 2-4 with 2 losses to California Baptist, 1 to Abilene Christian, and dropped one to Rider today. Ouch.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Saw this and thought he might go after Skip Johnson, then looked and saw where OU is 2-4 with 2 losses to California Baptist, 1 to Abilene Christian, and dropped one to Rider today. Ouch.

Oklahoma lost almost everyone off their team. I think they had double digits drafted. Having said that they were real good last year and got hot. I would not want Johnson. He feels way too “nice guy”

Hunter_4net

Oct 18, 2022
yall do realize middle of the pack/bottom feeders is where yalls program belongs right?

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Uh, where did I say I wanted that? Matter of fact I said I would only take him as pitching coach. I just argued the point that he had improved Utah.
So you'd take the guy who, as the pitching coach (and AHC/HC) whose staff gave up the 2nd & 3rd most runs in Utah's Pac-12 history, and make him our PC?

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
I mean seriously, do you even read the post? Did you read were I said I would only hire him for pitching coach? My only argument on here is that he won more games there last year than they had in a while and they were improved. I'm not advocating him for HC at all.
I did notice you edited your original post. And they were not improved...certainly not in the area Henderson was responsible for, namely pitching.

What you posted for my reply, "Nobody, I mean nobody has won at that place. They went 26-27 in Hendo's first year. That's better than our record last year. The four years prior to his arrival they were 55-112, He's improved the program."

What you edited it to after I replied, "Nobody, I mean nobody has won at that place. They went 26-27 in Hendo's first year. That's better than our record last year. The four years prior to his arrival they were 55-112. He's not the guy I'd want as H/C (pitching coach maybe) but he's vastly improved that program."

How about some intellectual honesty?

Last edited:

LimaoCabeca

Nov 17, 2022
I am wondering if it isn't just best to give him his walking papers now. Foxhall too. Give Henderson the chance he should have had and never got.
We just need a coed to help get him fired for cause. Of course this travesty should be enough for cause.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
We just need a coed to help get him fired for cause. Of course this travesty should be enough for cause.
I will never grasp why putting a trash team on the field is not a reason to fire with cause in college sports.

birdawg

Aug 13, 2009
Mangum’s last year was 2019. This is such a goofy statement to me. You don’t wanna give Lemonis credit, that’s fine. It clearly looks like he’s not the coach I thought he was. But go look at the national championship roster and how many guys never even played with mangum. Our starting C, 2B, 3B, SS, LF never played with mangum. Bednar, sims, Preston Johnson never played with mangum.
To be fair, you have a boomerish understanding of team culture so I can see why it seems goofy

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login