Does MSU lose prospective students because something like..

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
…the Sanderson Center is so far behind other schools’ student activities centers?

I’ve never worked in recruiting and being 18 years old is in the rearview mirror… so how many high school kids roll in to campus and evaluate something like that?
I went to Sanderson the first day it opened. I was in Summer school and went right after class was over. When I got out, my mom called later that night to ask how classes were and I told her they wanted me to fail out. She got upset and I told her that the Sanderson Center was such an upgrade from the Tin Gym that I was going to be spending a lot more time there. Loved it at the time, but I imagine kids that come from small town MS won't think of it as a downgrade.

If they are there for the right reason - academics - then it won't matter at all and they will love it.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

squintdawg

Jun 4, 2003
I had always heard it was LT. Do you know where I can read the documentation that supports your claim?
I have no clue that there would be any documentation that it was LT or not. Here is what I can tell you, I was a student at the time and was taking some elective (some sort of health class) that was in McCarthy. They guy teaching it was over the student health services for the University and the co-chair of the committee working with the architects designing the Sanderson Center. He point blank said the reason they didn't want it regulation was to avoid every swim team begging to use it for meets that were rained out. I trust he knew what he was talking about. I just don't believe that we do not have swimming as a varsity sport because we didn't build a regulation pool 25 years ago. If were in a position to add it - we would have had to provide another facility anyway. I still think it was stupid to not make regulation. Heck - there is probably club swimming that could use it.

Reactions: Ranchdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login