Does OM have the most obnoxious fan base in the SEC?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
LSU‘s trailer park fans and students are the worst behaved that I have witnessed. Olemiss people have the big fish in a little pond mentality. Yeah, some of them have family money that puts them in the upper percentile of wealth in MS, but this is MS we are talking about. The worst of their bunch are the 60-80 year old women; they may be the most pretentious people on the planet.
I was actually spit on by a 65-70 year old woman while walking through the Grove one year at the Egg Bowl. I didn’t even say anything to her to provoke her. I just happened to be the first State fan she saw after Mullen added another score to an *** whoopin.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
I'll give another quick anecdote to prove the absolute stupidity of LSU fans. My wife doesnt give a damn about sports, but her coonass family is chock full of die hard LSU fans. She's the only one of them with a degree from there. Not a single other living family member has even attended classes on campus. Some have Tech or UL degrees, but not LSU. But by God if LSU does anything good it's "we."

Cherry on top, her brother-in-law has a massive LSU tattoo on his arm but had never even set foot in Tiger Stadium till I gave him tickets as a gift.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Most of the ‘University of’ schools have obnoxious fanbases. It’s not just Ole Miss. the ones who legitimately feel like the football program is an extension of their self worth, and have that weird ‘Alabama man’ mentality.

But the state schools can double them in annoyance though, because they tend to compensate when they are good, even if they are generally humble. Think Auburn for this. Or even is, in the select few up years.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
I'll give another quick anecdote to prove the absolute stupidity of LSU fans. My wife doesnt give a damn about sports, but her coonass family is chock full of die hard LSU fans. She's the only one of them with a degree from there. Not a single other living family member has even attended classes on campus. Some have Tech or UL degrees, but not LSU. But by God if LSU does anything good it's "we."

Cherry on top, her brother-in-law has a massive LSU tattoo on his arm but had never even set foot in Tiger Stadium till I gave him tickets as a gift.

Exactly the same here, but the "we" is for Alabama. And most of them have no connection to UAT other than riding on the football team's success. I even have one golf buddy who went to Auburn but is an Alabama sports fan (even has a license plate reflecting that). You'd think in this town (engineering and tech) that there'd be a lot of Auburn fans, but there are not.

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
Nothing quite like a 75 year old lady Reb whose husband owns the parts house in Hickory Flat so she thinks she on a par with Elizabeth I is there?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login