Does politics/religion ruin this board for you

Do political threads/post make you less likely to visit the board?

• Yes

Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Yes but if they want to be ********, whatever

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • No

Votes: 92 67.2%
  • No, but I’m Boom Boom

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • No, but I’m MsGlfr

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • No, but I’m paindonthurt

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • No, but I’m an iteration of Goat

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • No, but I’m Drebin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I’m cantgetright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I’m a guy that will throw **** in any be thread that may not be political even tho I *****

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
This is a cheerocracy. To a degree. Curious on the results.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Honestly what would be nice is if there was an ignore thread feature, kind of like ignore member - where it just completely hides the thread from your view
I don't care, but there should be a rule with a limit of how many pages a nonsports thread can continue. No one will get the last word until they lock the thread. One of the usual suspects from both sides will do their damn best to ensure they're the one who gets the last word in.

Reactions: Dawgg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Only liberals complain about people talking about politics. I’ve noticed that in my time on this earth. Or at minimum, they are much faster, generally, to default to the ‘why are we talking politics’ defense
^ doesn't have a fundamentally basic understanding of which side is called 'liberal' and which is called 'conservative'.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I enjoy the political threads if only because Iook forward to the obligatory gif from someone that says 'not this shlt again' or some other way to let everyone know that they don't want to participate in the topic and they have successfully identified a topic where people are disagreeing.

Someone continually pointing out in every political post that back and forth discussion and disagreement won't lead to change is a delicious piece of irony.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Nobody is holding a gun to your head to make you read EVERYTHING on this board. If you don't like a topic....DON'T READ IT. I view message boards as entertainment. If I don't enjoy a topic or the banter about a topic, I just don't participate. For example, I don't give a hoot about mole crickets. I just ignored that multivolume epic. ;)

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Lock it now. This thread has no chance of being as long as or as entertaining as the recent one on climate change. I guess I'll vote No, btw. We're in dead zone for State sports right now and even a post about a potential pitching coach isn't all that interesting.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I like 99% of the posts here. AFA political posts are concerned I enjoy the folks huddling in their safe spaces quoting their media. I get a good chuckle from them.

We're bonded as State fans so there is no animosity from me no matter if name calling results. I enjoy Derbin and Golfer posts. They are really entertaining .

Reactions: mcdawg22

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
There is only a small number of posters that ruin things. Everyone knows who they are, even the ones that are doing the ruining. I have put them on ignore and life is much better. At times I am interested in reading about a particular political topic but no matter what the subject might be, the same 4 or 5 posters quickly come along to destroy the conversation.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
It did when 1 particular poster would chime in but since I blocked him the board has become much, much more enjoyable so no worries now

Reactions: kired

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Lock it now. This thread has no chance of being as long as or as entertaining as the recent one on climate change. I guess I'll vote No, btw. We're in dead zone for State sports right now and even a post about a potential pitching coach isn't all that interesting.
Posts like these are more annoying than glfer's. The "in before the lock" crowd. If you don't want to read, don't click. But once you do (because you do want to read), you get inundated with all these attention whoring dildos posting lOcK iT uP!!11.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
How about limit the amount of comments one user can make on a topic? I know idiots could have more than one user account, but that would limit golfer from burning up his keyboard.
Golfer and paindonthurt could both apply here. You just probably agree more with pain.

At least golfer can keep things on topic and be respectful. Pain has called numerous people on this board “the worst poster on this board”. And continually resorts to personal insults. The venom and when things turn personal far more often come from the conservative side of this board.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I don't care, but there should be a rule with a limit of how many pages a nonsports thread can continue. No one will get the last word until they lock the thread. One of the usual suspects from both sides will do their damn best to ensure they're the one who gets the last word in.
Lock the thread and then watch for the subsequent "since that other thread got locked..." post

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It did when 1 particular poster would chime in but since I blocked him the board has become much, much more enjoyable so no worries now
I don't have anyone on ignore because I want to hear everyone out and people do make sports posts. The ideas don't bother me as much as the "You're stupid!" slap fests.

It's still it's good to know it's an option if it gets too much.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
i can handle a political thread if it starts as one.....what i absolutely hate is a non political thread that turns political....i log off the board at that point
This is probably the best way to frame it. I actually enjoy the political threads given there is a nice range of opinions from "regular folks" I share at least something in common with of 4 years living in Starkville and the glory and pain that comes with following State sports. There are some pretty sharp opinions that provide the "other side of the argument" and food for thought. I will say, when someone tries to hijack other threads I just skip over the comment knowing what they are trying to do.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login