Does Schloss leave if A&M wins last night?

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
Nope. People are shortselling the devious nature of Texas. The deal was done before the game AND Texas fired their coach to create the distraction with the timing because they hate the Aga that much. Petty petty stuff….

Reactions: Dawgg

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
What’s insane to me is what Pierce did there. I had no idea what his performance was, but it looks very good on paper

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
What’s insane to me is what Pierce did there. I had no idea what his performance was, but it looks very good on paper
Yes. Looks to me like he is similar to Lemonis - the post NIL/portal era hasn't treated him kindly.

Truth be known, they were the best team in Omaha in 2021, so he should probably have a national title. They just ran into the Bednar Buzzsaw. 2 1-run losses to us, both due to Bednar. That's how fine the line is.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yes. Looks to me like he is similar to Lemonis - the post NIL/portal era hasn't treated him kindly.

Truth be known, they were the best team in Omaha in 2021, so he should probably have a national title. They just ran into the Bednar Buzzsaw. 2 1-run losses to us, both due to Bednar. That's how fine the line is.
Coach #1 - CWS, Super Regional, Regional
Coach #2 - 14th in conference, 13th in conference, Regional

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

patdog

May 28, 2007
Follow up question. What does Texas do if Pierce had won that regional in College Station? Do they follow through with the Schlossnagle hire they've agreed to. Or do they cut him out and keep Pierce?

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Before the game, I assumed the winner would not go to Texas. Maybe the loser. But now we know Schloss was going, win or lose. The deal was made at a high level "after the Georgia series and before the regional."

fwiw after the Georgia series, A&M lost series to LSU and Ole Miss in consecutive weeks.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Watch Texas start throwing crazy money out to baseball players... I also am taking a guess they move the baseball stadium, as it is land locked, or just build an upper deck

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Follow up question. What does Texas do if Pierce had won that regional in College Station? Do they follow through with the Schlossnagle hire they've agreed to. Or do they cut him out and keep Pierce?
They’d follow through.

Seems like Pierce was in the same spot as Gary Henderson was with us in 2018….needed to win it all to keep his job. But unlike Henderson, he just didn’t know it.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Texas AD and Schlossnagle are very close from his TCU days. Still, it would rankle my Aggie soul to realize that he left me like a ‘ho’ going back the old pimp.