Dog Rescue at

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Grenada Lake. Apparently there was a fox hunt around Grenada Lake. The dogs saw a deer and chased the deer into the water. A couple of fisherman ended up rescuing 38 dogs from drowning.

Fox 1 Dogs 0

Last edited:

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I guess they were doing the "dog paddle?"

Joke Burn GIF by Travis

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Grenada Lake. Apparently there was a fox hunt around Grenada Lake. The dogs saw a deer and chased the deer into the water. A couple of fisherman ended up rescuing 38 dogs from drowning.

Fox 1 Dogs 0

Story was on the national news broadcasts. The ultra rare feel good story out of Mississippi (that'll probably morph into a criticism of hunting with dogs).

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
More surprising to me is the fact people still hunt foxes on this side of the pond. I had no idea. We'd randomly dust one on a turkey or deer hunt, but I had no idea people were actively hunting them.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
More surprising to me is the fact people still hunt foxes on this side of the pond. I had no idea. We'd randomly dust one on a turkey or deer hunt, but I had no idea people were actively hunting them.

I think fox hunting is completely illegal now in jolly ole England.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Guy that I worked with raised and trained Fox hounds. They are actually running coyotes. It’s just fancy to call them fox hounds. He would shoot a dog right between the eyes if it ever ran a deer. Those were not good fox hounds.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
It's illegal now on the other side.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
yes, because they are there.

Actually I wouldn't kill a fox (haven't seen one in 30 years), nor a bobcat (see at least one every year deer hunting), but I'll lay down a yote.
Feral hogs too, no? I hate dem sumbiches. Amazing how citified coyotes have become here in Fort Worth. Wild pigs 17 ugh lotta schit up round here too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anon1697564126

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
If you're a rat, they're a serious problem...
Same reason I don't kill snakes. If I were to run up on a poisonous one, I'd just move it some place away from people. 17 rats though. Ain't killing nothin' dat eats dem sumbiches.

Last edited:

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Feral hogs too, no? I hate dem sumbiches. Amazing how citified coyotes have become here in Fort Worth. Wild pigs 17 ugh lotta schit up round here too.
We had a weird experience with feral hogs. They showed up on camera two summers ago, I got approved for a trap from the state, but before the trap was even installed the hogs disappeared and have never returned.

• Angry
Reactions: Anon1704414204

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
We had a weird experience with feral hogs. They showed up on camera two summers ago, I got approved for a trap from the state, but before the trap was even installed the hogs disappeared and have never returned.

I've never heard of anything like this and have seen hundreds of dogs swim and retrieve. Maybe they tried out some shrooms during the hunt.
When I was just a wee little lad back in the 60's my dad and grandfather took me to a "Coon on the Log" event one Sunday afternoon down in the Pine Belt region of MS. The organizer would put a "coon on a log" and push the log out into a pond while the coon dog owners were standing there w/ their dogs on a leash. Spectators were meanwhile placing bets on which dog would swim out and be able to pull the coon off the log first. Don't start feeling too sorry for the coon, a big ole coon could defend itself well and would sometimes last past the time limit out on the spectacle and there were dogs that would swim and try to get that coon till they would drown. I think these events were on days there weren't roster flights. I never heard about any dog fights back then though

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Same reason I don't kill snakes. If I were to run up on a poisonous one, I'd just move it some place away from people. 17 rats though. Ain't killing nothin' dat eats dem sumbiches.e

I don't kill snakes either. When I see a big ole rat snake all I think is how many little rodents she swallowed whole to get that big.

But moving poisonous snakes??

Nope. 17ing with snakes is the most sure way to get bit for me.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I see foxes all the time. About two weeks ago three of us were sitting in front of my shop drinking beer and working on a golf cart. Fox just casually strolled up to with 10 feet of us, looked at us and then casually walked off. I occasionally hear coyotes but rarely ever see one.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
We've had fox and coyotes in our yard. I love seeing foxes, but if I ever get a drop on a coyote or wild hog it's down. Two creatures I do not care for.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
We've had fox and coyotes in our yard. I love seeing foxes, but if I ever get a drop on a coyote or wild hog it's down. Two creatures I do not care for.

Isn't it odd that the smartest and cleverest creatures in the wild, like coyotes and pigs, are the ones we loathe.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
I don't kill snakes either. When I see a big ole rat snake all I think is how many little rodents she swallowed whole to get that big.

But moving poisonous snakes??

Nope. 17ing with snakes is the most sure way to get bit for me.
Good point as I've had a few pet snakes in my younger days and have always studied them. People get too complacent wirh poisonous ones though because the death rate is so low here but that's from the complete story. The pain can kick morphine's azz and many times life long scars and pain can happen. With my experience I could safely remove one with equipment but I wouldn't touch one like the professionals do.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
When I was just a wee little lad back in the 60's my dad and grandfather took me to a "Coon on the Log" event one Sunday afternoon down in the Pine Belt region of MS. The organizer would put a "coon on a log" and push the log out into a pond while the coon dog owners were standing there w/ their dogs on a leash. Spectators were meanwhile placing bets on which dog would swim out and be able to pull the coon off the log first. Don't start feeling too sorry for the coon, a big ole coon could defend itself well and would sometimes last past the time limit out on the spectacle and there were dogs that would swim and try to get that coon till they would drown. I think these events were on days there weren't roster flights. I never heard about any dog fights back then though
Damn. I spent my 1st 17 yrs in Greenwood born in '63 and the next 7 in Jackson and thought I'd seen or at least heard it all. Lemme guess, you're just 17ing with me, no? Coons on a log? Sounds too good to be true.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Don't give up. They ALL need to be blasted to MorningStar's Domain including Women & Children. Never ate any but I'd try some. Been told they ain't too bad.

Last edited:

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
Story was on the national news broadcasts. The ultra rare feel good story out of Mississippi (that'll probably morph into a criticism of hunting with dogs).
"We continue to follow a shocking animal cruelty story out of Mississippi about a pair of racist redneck Trump supporters accidentally saving a group of dogs that had been thrown into a lake by another group of racist redneck Trump supporters..."

Reactions: She Mate Me

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Don't give up. They ALL need to be blasted to MorningStar's Domain including Women & Children. Never ate any but I'd try some. Been told they ain't too bad.
I hear various things about how tasty they area. Some folks say they ain't worth fooling with (including my processor), others say the small ones are edible.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I hear various things about how tasty they area. Some folks say they ain't worth fooling with (including my processor), others say the small ones are edible.
I used to hunt them all the time. The true wild hogs aren’t fit for nothing unless you’re starving. You will occasionally see a domestic hog that escaped and joined a feral pack and they aren’t terribly bad but still nothing like you’re buying in a grocery store. You get one that’s still nursing and cook it whole it’s pretty good. All in all they aren’t worth cleaning.

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
Or a chicken

Yes, it's a good story.... until you're crappie fishing at Grenada lake and wondering what the hell is that floating with an orange collar in your honey hole. I've seen them washed up on shore too. Good on them for rescuing those pups.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I used to hunt them all the time. The true wild hogs aren’t fit for nothing unless you’re starving. You will occasionally see a domestic hog that escaped and joined a feral pack and they aren’t terribly bad but still nothing like you’re buying in a grocery store. You get one that’s still nursing and cook it whole it’s pretty good. All in all they aren’t worth cleaning.

This dude disagrees...

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
I've seen a fox several times just past my driveway back toward town on Blackjack. I hear coyotes all the time. Years ago my 55lb Border Collie (big for a Border Collie) tied up with one in the edge of my yard. My dog had blood on him but after checking him out, it wasn't his. The damn coyote looked like a German Shepard with gold eyes. I had noticed how big some of the coyotes are around here are so I researched it and found out that we used to have Red Wolves around here and they bred with the coyotes. The people "in the know" claim they are all extinct in this area but I read a story where a woman in the Florida panhandle took a photo of one from her kitchen window several years ago. Also, something eventually got my Border Collie. The day after he died I walked the property with my rifle trying to find what got him and I found a huge canine track down by our pond. I went back with a measuring tape and compared the width of the track to our 70lb Lab/Border Collie mix and the track by the pond was 1.5 times the width of the Lab/Collie's footprint.

Here is something else, just two days before my Border Collie got killed, I was out behind our shed taking a leak at dusk (yes I live in the deep woods) after putting up some lumber I had been using when I heard a very deep and slow guttural growl coming from the woods. I cut off mid-stream and headed inside with goose bumps on me. Now I grew up swimming, canoeing, camping and sloshing through chest-deep green water in the swamps of south Mississippi with snakes and maybe gators (I never saw any but others did) all around and NOTHING ever made the hair on the back of my neck stand up like that sound I heard coming from the woods. It sounded like a dog growling but it was the deepest growl I have ever heard.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login