Dog Rescue at

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
I've seen a fox several times just past my driveway back toward town on Blackjack. I hear coyotes all the time. Years ago my 55lb Border Collie (big for a Border Collie) tied up with one in the edge of my yard. My dog had blood on him but after checking him out, it wasn't his. The damn coyote looked like a German Shepard with gold eyes. I had noticed how big some of the coyotes are around here are so I researched it and found out that we used to have Red Wolves around here and they bred with the coyotes. The people "in the know" claim they are all extinct in this area but I read a story where a woman in the Florida panhandle took a photo of one from her kitchen window several years ago. Also, something eventually got my Border Collie. The day after he died I walked the property with my rifle trying to find what got him and I found a huge canine track down by our pond. I went back with a measuring tape and compared the width of the track to our 70lb Lab/Border Collie mix and the track by the pond was 1.5 times the width of the Lab/Collie's footprint.

Here is something else, just two days before my Border Collie got killed, I was out behind our shed taking a leak at dusk (yes I live in the deep woods) after putting up some lumber I had been using when I heard a very deep and slow guttural growl coming from the woods. I cut off mid-stream and headed inside with goose bumps on me. Now I grew up swimming, canoeing, camping and sloshing through chest-deep green water in the swamps of south Mississippi with snakes and maybe gators (I never saw any but others did) all around and NOTHING ever made the hair on the back of my neck stand up like that sound I heard coming from the woods. It sounded like a dog growling but it was the deepest growl I have ever heard.
a christmas story GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Mjoelner

Dawg Hammer 87

May 6, 2024
You sound like the smartest guy in the thread

You sound like the smartest guy in the thread
pretty darn smart! fox have just about eliminated my chicken population! They climb fences ,dig under fences and just about can't be stopped once they find your flock. Good ole 12 gauge will stop them in their tracks, if you can catch them in the act, which i have on more than one occasion! Red or gray ,it don't matter, i will kill them all!

Reactions: jethreauxdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login