Don’t care. DCD and Der try me, I just hate when people lie about their golf ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Okay. Dechambeau Trump podcast. On Twitter there was leftist sharing 8 putts that he missed and claiming he is terrible. Every one of the putts were probably outside of 15 ft that a ton of scratch golfers would have not made.
The other side was highlighting his drives, that, not gonna lie were pretty straight except for two that clearly went OB, and they both acted like they were good. This group said he is clearly a scratch golfer, but really? He’s playing from the women’s tees and put 2 OB. On the 3’s they were always inside of 110 and Trump hit solid shots. Not birdie shots but definitely Par. There was a 211 par 4 downhill, downwind that Trump got on the green. It was pretty impressive. Then there was a par 5, from the reds it was 330. Upwind, downhill. Trump hit his shot and they all remarked how great it was. Deschambeau went OB. So they took Trumps shot and they remarked it’s 140. So he hit a 190 drive. That was one of the few marked Trump drives the entire round. So am I to believe that a guy who hits it 190 off the tee won a golf championship for non senior players at a fairly prestigious golf course?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Okay. Dechambeau Trump podcast. On Twitter there was leftist sharing 8 putts that he missed and claiming he is terrible. Every one of the putts were probably outside of 15 ft that a ton of scratch golfers would have not made.
The other side was highlighting his drives, that, not gonna lie were pretty straight except for two that clearly went OB, and they both acted like they were good. This group said he is clearly a scratch golfer, but really? He’s playing from the women’s tees and put 2 OB. On the 3’s they were always inside of 110 and Trump hit solid shots. Not birdie shots but definitely Par. There was a 211 par 4 downhill, downwind that Trump got on the green. It was pretty impressive. Then there was a par 5, from the reds it was 330. Upwind, downhill. Trump hit his shot and they all remarked how great it was. Deschambeau went OB. So they took Trumps shot and they remarked it’s 140. So he hit a 190 drive. That was one of the few marked Trump drives the entire round. So am I to believe that a guy who hits it 190 off the tee won a golf championship for non senior players at a fairly prestigious golf course?
I knew an old man that was a scratch golfer at Back Acres country club. He hit it maybe 180 at best off the tee but it was straight down the middle every time. You get alot of distance advantage when you get to their age with the tee boxes.

Reactions: retire the banner

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Never had a problem striking ball. Starts on right side, draws to middle, low runner, flies 220, runs out, rinse & repeat. Iron either putting for bird or just off green is my life… but

I can’t putt. … not at all

Best striking day ever… course never seen… 7200 yds… 28 years ago.., 16 of 18 greens in reg… two missed got par, one bunker one putt off green and yet….two Eagle putts, yep great day …. Not

I didn’t break 80. 14 three putts.

I am so pissed at golf dammit! Why can’t I putt? Danmit

Honest enough for you?
Oh, I kicked butt around green cause I had to chip well inside a gimme to get my pars, and did. I was happier at times to miss green than have to putt a long one.

Reactions: stateu1

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I knew an old man that was a scratch golfer at Back Acres country club. He hit it maybe 180 at best off the tee but it was straight down the middle every time. You get alot of distance advantage when you get to their age with the tee boxes.
In a few days I will get to move up a set of tees. :). Problem is I can’t putt so it won’t help much.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I don’t know what anyone else saw but I saw a guy over 70 playing some pretty good golf with a screwed up swing that would make a golf coach cringe. If he can play that well at 70+ then I imagine he was even better at 50. I’ve probably watched all of BDC’s Break 50 videos and that’s only the second time he’s even got to 22 under. I don’t care if it was the red T’s, that was impressive.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
In a few days I will get to move up a set of tees. :). Problem is I can’t putt so it won’t help much.
I recently regripped my putter with the new Golf Pride Reverse Taper Pistol grip. I’ve only played 4-5 times with it but for some reason putts are falling. It may be psychological. I’m waiting for the wheels to fall off any day.

Reactions: Dawg1976

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
I saw some clips.
That putting stroke was the worst thing about it.
Swing looked decent but the putting stroke was atrocious.
Like whack a mole putt putt

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I think you’re reading too much into it. Trump hits it consistently 200 yards down the middle. From the senior tees, I bet his average scores are the mid 70s. His handicap checks out to me.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I only watched a few holes, but Trump was much better than I anticipated based on videos I had seen of his swing. We didn't get to see his short game, though, which would really tell the story.

I can believe a handicap in the low single digits. I don't believe he has legitimately won all of the club championships he claims. I guess it kind of depends on who else was in the tournaments.

I thought it was really funny that Trump's attorneys were asking Stormy Daniels if she remembered how well Trump performed in the American Century Tournament where they met...you know Trump insisted they ask her. She didn't remember, but if you look it up, he finished 62nd out of 80 celebrities.

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
My ghin is 9.5, but I sniff par somewhat regularly. Shot a 67 at sugar mountain last week

*par 64 course (irrelevant)

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Of all the things that happened in and from the debate, no doubt the funniest was how blown away Trump was when Biden said he was a 8 handicap.
I think Biden legitimately has a psychological disorder where he doesn't even know that he's lying. I think he just creates his own reality in his head and isn't capable of questioning it. Just the obvious and easily checkable lies he has told over the years, even after they blew up in his face, I just don't think normal politicking explains it.

Trump may have something similar. I can't tell how much he believes and how much is marketing in his mind and truth and lies are irrelevant concepts to marketing.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I’d say 60% lie, mostly inflating it so they get strokes they shouldn’t.
Haven't played a lot of competitive golf, but I would say way over 60% lie, but it's more usual that they are delfating it than inflating it. But they do it by establishing a handicap not using tournament rules. They'll do clean and place, they'll give themselves a scorecard, improve their lie, gimmes inside the grip etc., then hand in the score like it's really reflective of their handicap. A guy at a course that I played at for a year or two that was considered a sandbagger kind of clued me in to this. Told me the only reason he is always competitive in tournaments with handicaps at that club was that most of them were dumbasses that didn't establish their handicap playing tournament rules. Then they'll accuse him of sandbagging when they suddenly play worse than their handicap in the tournaments while he plays to his.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I think you’re reading too much into it. Trump hits it consistently 200 yards down the middle. From the senior tees, I bet his average scores are the mid 70s. His handicap checks out to me.
Plenty of reports from people that have played with him that he blatantly cheats. Changes his lie, ignores bad shots and retakes them, etc. I bet that helps a good bit.

• Haha
Reactions: eckie1

gtowndawg

Jan 23, 2007
Uncle Donnie was far better than I realized and the video was outstanding. Can't wait to vote for him (again).

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
This group said he is clearly a scratch golfer, but really? He’s playing from the women’s tees and put 2 OB.

For the last 6 years I have played 1 or 2 times per year, and always with my oldest niece who now plays golf at a small D3 college and is going to be a Jr this fall.

I always play from whatever tees she is playing from because I am not out there for myself, but to hang with her so me standing 20-50 yards away and always teeing off first is pretty pointless.
So I tee off with her and usually use a mid-iron to ensure I end up around where she ends up with a good drive. Selfishly, I love it because my 7iron on down is easy to consistently hit even when I dont touch my clubs for a year, and I can score well which is an ego boost even though I am hitting from the reds.

Make golf courses short again!

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I’d say 60% lie, mostly inflating it so they get strokes they shouldn’t.
I think it's much higher than 60%, especially if you're going to include sandbaggers.

If you have a group you play with regularly, you can't lie to them. But outside of that group....even your handicap index can be a lie since these days you can enter your own scores with no oversight.

I've gotten to where I ask golfers. "In 25 words or less, what's your handicap?"

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
For the last 6 years I have played 1 or 2 times per year, and always with my oldest niece who now plays golf at a small D3 college and is going to be a Jr this fall.

I always play from whatever tees she is playing from because I am not out there for myself, but to hang with her so me standing 20-50 yards away and always teeing off first is pretty pointless.
So I tee off with her and usually use a mid-iron to ensure I end up around where she ends up with a good drive. Selfishly, I love it because my 7iron on down is easy to consistently hit even when I dont touch my clubs for a year, and I can score well which is an ego boost even though I am hitting from the reds.

I'm not criticizing, but if she is good enough for D3 golf, then why is she playing from forward tees? She should be able to hit as far as most men, particularly someone who only plays a couple times per year.

I do support playing from more foward tees, though. Make the game fun! If your scores get too low, then maybe move back.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

I recently did this when playing with my dad. Not gonna lie, old man tees, hitting a 7 iron into the fairway and leaving an 8 iron or less to every green was fun. I questioned why I don’t do that every round. I’m not playing in tournaments. Who cares if I play the longer tees?

Reactions: mstateglfr

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I'm not criticizing, but if she is good enough for D3 golf, then why is she playing from forward tees? She should be able to hit as far as most men, particularly someone who only plays a couple times per year.
Because d3 women college tournaments don’t play from men’s tees. They play from the women’s tees or maybe the old man tees.

Reactions: Dawgzilla2

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
People who brag are average at best, those who stay quiet are really good and people who say they are not good are really not good. Me I am almost at hacker level. I have hacked up some really good courses. I play but really don't take it seriously. I suck at golf. My hook is so bad it becomes a slice on the fair way next to the fair way I am playing on. I can knock the hell out of it but you better be looking when I swing. It will land somewhere.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I play golf for enjoyment, not punishment. I have no idea what my handicap is nor do I care. If a ball lands in a divot, I move it to grass. Same with roots and bare spots. The group I play with always plays from the yellow/ orange T’s even though some of should be playing from the whites and one from the red. Do overs can be taken for incredibly bad shots but are more often given by the other players. Some days we forget to even keep score. I’ll play the occasional Thursday afternoon scramble and I’ll play by the rules, white T‘s and won’t adjust the ball but my drives are rarely if ever used when I’m hitting from the whites.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Because d3 women college tournaments don’t play from men’s tees. They play from the women’s tees or maybe the old man tees.
I obviously did not know that, and it really surprises me. I've known several high school girls good enough to play from regular men's tees.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I recently did this when playing with my dad. Not gonna lie, old man tees, hitting a 7 iron into the fairway and leaving an 8 iron or less to every green was fun. I questioned why I don’t do that every round. I’m not playing in tournaments. Who cares if I play the longer tees?
I love playing a par 3 course. I’m a much better golfer when I leave the driver in the truck.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
He’s got the standard goofy old man swing but hits it straight. That’s all that matters in your 70s. Good putter too.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Plenty of reports from people that have played with him that he blatantly cheats. Changes his lie, ignores bad shots and retakes them, etc. I bet that helps a good bit.
Yeah I’m sure his handicap is embellished by a stroke or so. I still think he shoots good scores. Both can be true

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I obviously did not know that, and it really surprises me. I've known several high school girls good enough to play from regular men's tees.
I don't know what it's like now, but I think the qualification to play DIII women's golf when I was in college was more or less you were a woman that played golf. I'm sure there were probably lots of DIII teams where you actually needed to be good, but I have no clue how many of those there were compared to how many were just looking for warm bodies. I knew a guy that was barely a single handicapper that played college golf, although I think that may have been NAIA instead of DIII. Also knew a guy that played JUCO golf that shot in the mid 80's. So there were warm body teams for men then too at the lower levels.

Reactions: mstateglfr

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I only watched a few holes, but Trump was much better than I anticipated based on videos I had seen of his swing. We didn't get to see his short game, though, which would really tell the story.

I can believe a handicap in the low single digits. I don't believe he has legitimately won all of the club championships he claims. I guess it kind of depends on who else was in the tournaments.

I thought it was really funny that Trump's attorneys were asking Stormy Daniels if she remembered how well Trump performed in the American Century Tournament where they met...you know Trump insisted they ask her. She didn't remember, but if you look it up, he finished 62nd out of 80 celebrities.
When he starts scoring well anywhere but places that he owns and/or gets to keep score himself, I'll buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login