Donovan....not only calls out his team at SEC tourny but kicks them out

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
"Now, Donovan hopes missing the tournament -- they actually practiced during the selection show since there was no reason to watch -- will prove to be a humbling experience that will pay off down the road."

</p>

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
I like it as well. Essentially he is letting his team know that anything less than the tourney is unacceptable. And I bet they make the tourney next year, probably as a 4 or 5 seed. It's a good motivational tactic to set the expectation level high for his team. After losing as many lottery picks as they did, it'd be easy for him to go easy on them, but he's letting them know that he still expects them to compete at a high level, even though they are basically going through this thing for the first time.

Hanmudog

Apr 30, 2006
I suspect half our team would quit or transfer. I like Donovan but I think this is a bit overboard. Maybe he should lock himself out of the practice facility and quit wearing his Pitino knockoff suits until they make the NCAAs again.

KDawg12

Mar 16, 2008
Florida could get 2 home games in the NIT so wouldn't it be beneficial to practice in their coliseum instead of their practice facility?

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Hopson's Mother and Step-father would double their payoff demand and require a written waiver that Scotty is excepted from future coach-like discipline that resembles The Man.

williecunningham

Mar 3, 2008
The problem for Florida is, the only guy who can really play out of that light's out recruiting class is Calathes. No amount of BS motivational tactics is going to change that. This reminds me of the pre-super six era at UF. When all of those star filled recruiting classes rarely produced. Florida basketball is back.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Hanmudog said:
I suspect half our team would quit or transfer. I like Donovan but I think this is a bit overboard. Maybe he should lock himself out of the practice facility and quit wearing his Pitino knockoff suits until they make the NCAAs again.

Some of Donovan's team may transfer too. And his team will be better off without those players.</p>

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login