Drake Game Thread. State started out slow but settled down.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
d5c67427-843c-4488-be96-699661f2377e_text.gif

Got outplayed in the 2nd half. Our best chance was the three by Murphy with 5:56 to go to make it 46-41 State. Drake scored the next six points and outscored us from that point 17-6.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
It’s kind of funny that our fans are so starved of a basketball team that looks like they have energy and intensity that they completely overlook that we are inept offensively. We’re just happy that we play hard because we really haven’t been doing that for quite a few years now.

Reactions: DAWGSANDSAINTS

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
It’s kind of funny that our fans are so starved of a basketball team that looks like they have energy and intensity that they completely overlook that we are inept offensively. We’re just happy that we play hard because we really haven’t been doing that for quite a few years now.
I'm I the only one that thinks it's ironic that Flowtown is complaining about offensive ineptitude in basketball but couldn't see it in football?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I'm I the only one that thinks it's ironic that Flowtown is complaining about offensive ineptitude in basketball but couldn't see it in football?
Our football offense was good against lower to mid level teams. It struggled on the road against ranked teams with good defenses. Our basketball team struggles offensively against everyone. I know you’re going for a gotcha moment but it’s really not comparable.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Our football
offense was fine against lower to mid level teams. It struggled on the road against ranked teams with good defenses. Our basketball team struggles offensively against everyone. I know you’re going for a gotcha moment but it’s really not comparable.
We go in spurts. The purpose of the regular season is to improve and get better. I think we put way too much pressure on ourselves. Good lesson to learn this early

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
The end is near. I'm so over Jans. We'll be a 7-10 seed in March. We're making the tourney. We do need a shooter.

Reactions: onewoof

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Drake Reaction GIF by DJ Khaled

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
He's not keeping up with the action. Gets tongue tied at times. Misses things. He spoke for 10 seconds after final horn sounded before Richard came in and told us that it was halftime. He's a legend, he's just not as good as he once was.
Y’all lay off Jim Ellis. He’s a classic. Cut him some slack, he’s 75-76. Wait till you are there.

Reactions: She Mate Me

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Y’all lay off Jim Ellis. He’s a classic. Cut him some slack, he’s 75-76. Wait till you are there.
I'm not saying he is good and I'm not saying he is bad.

If someone can't do their job anymore, another person should do it. That's pretty basic.
A play by play announcer as well as a commentator need to get names and stats correct while keeping up with the game. If either isn't able to, they should be replaced.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

If someone can't do their job anymore, another person should do it. That's pretty basic.
A play by play announcer as well as a commentator need to get names and stats correct while keeping up with the game. If either isn't able to, they should be replaced.

I'm pretty sure Jim stepped in to call the game so Neil Price could be at the Leach memorial. He might be a little rusty.

Reactions: onewoof

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012

Jim is pretty much retired except for doing baseball. He just filled in for Neil Price for this game so Neil could be at the Leach memorial service. He hasn’t called a basketball game in several years so no surprise if he wasn’t able to keep up with the action all that well.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login