Drew Timme travels almost every time he has the ball.

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
They sure do.

Obviously i exaggerated. Timme is a good offensive player. But he gets away with the “step through” travel move and shuffling his pivot.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I started watching the game with Gonzaga down 5 in the 2nd half. Timme literally took 3-4 steps and got a shot in right at the shot clock buzzer. It was horrible

It really was. Also the refs helped take Memphis out of the game. At one point in the second half the foul disparity was 6-0 in favor of Gonzaga and Memphis's two best players spent most of the second half on the bench with 4 fouls.

Still credit Gonzaga though...they hit some big shots and some big free throws down the stretch.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Complaints about basketball- wash rinse repeat.
Meanwhile, there is holding on every snap and it's mostly crickets from the gallery(unless their team is screwed by a no call).

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Whenever I see this dude’s name, I think of storms and storm chasing.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Tough game to watch as a long time fan of Memphis athletics. Aside from constantly going under screens in the 1st half which led to a lot of wide open looks for Gonzaga, Penny's team really played the first 20 minutes about as well as could be expected. Then in the 2nd half, we all got quickly reminded as to which team has Mark Few as their head coach.

Either way, I thought Memphis played their hearts out and did about all they could to take the arguably best team in college ball to the final seconds, but it did get me wondering some about Penny. i.e. Is he always going to be Cal Jr for his coaching career where he can bring in top talent, but struggle to keep them and struggle to ever put all the pieces together in a way that makes a genuine championship-caliber team?

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I’m trying real hard to feel bad for Memphis

It sucks getting screwed by refs, I guess they’ve never been on the good side of terrible calls that impacted a game**

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
But Gonzaga can score the basketball…

This is covered up by calling it a "Euro step"*******

Everyone travels and everyone carries.

As for Gonzaga, the refs loved them like they loved Baylor yesterday

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Watching Memphis' style was refreshing, it was evident that if the refs had called that game evenly for 40 minutes, Gonzaga was toast and would have lost by an embarassing margin

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login