Who else thinks MVB could be a 4 year starter?

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
I'm personally impressed with him. He doesn't get rattled easily, has a quick release, is accurate, throws a good deep ball, and can run when needed. He played well against Texas and Georgia and I saw improvement tonight in his second start. I'm not sure he's going through his progressions, but he is executing the offense better that most new QB's would against the last two defenses he's faced. As far as I can tell, the team plays hard for him as well. What's not to like so far?

Reactions: WilCoDawg

tired

Sep 16, 2013
20/37 306 3 TD 1 INT

Not bad for a Freshman against a top 5 team. He can make most all the throws. Nice touch on deep balls. I read his profile & each analyst indicated he is a 3 year player & NFL prospect. That was his Sr yr of hs.

TwelvePackSmack

Aug 22, 2012
Unfortunately would disagree with you. I thought he was very shaky in the pocket most of the game and really inaccurate on some easy throws. I’ll give him a pass on the opponents. We’ll see.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
Unfortunately would disagree with you. I thought he was very shaky in the pocket most of the game and really inaccurate on some easy throws. I’ll give him a pass on the opponents. We’ll see.

Shaking Head No GIF by GIPHY News

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I think he’s good, and I think our team and coach show potential, but potential only takes you so far. I hope we get some big surprising wins this year. Would be great.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

patdog

May 28, 2007
Lebby's O is perfect for him. He may leave after his 3rd year, if he doesn't get drafted, to try something new, but he's the guy. Money won't be the issue.
Money will always be the issue for us if a school serious about football wants him.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
If you run an offense like Lebby runs and then someone does well, we are subject to the big boys coming to buy our good players. Another good reason to commit to a niche offense. If we were running Army’s or Navy’s offense and doing well, moone would be trying to buy our players for their offenses.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Not in the next 3-4 years it won't be.
Put down the Kool Aid. We’re either going to lose him, or we’re going to have to pay a shítload to keep him, which in turn is going to cause us to lose other guys. Those other guys are either also good players we want to keep on the roster, or are good players we’d be bidding on in the portal.

There will never be a universe where money isn’t an issue for MSU. It’s always going to be a limitation that’s going to be felt somewhere.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
If you run an offense like Lebby runs and then someone does well, we are subject to the big boys coming to buy our good players. Another good reason to commit to a niche offense. If we were running Army’s or Navy’s offense and doing well, moone would be trying to buy our players for their offenses.
If we’re running Army or Navy offense, 4-8 is our ceiling.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
You seriously think we're going to start outbidding the big boys for players?
I didn't say players, I said MVB. We'll do what we need to in order to keep our starting qb, & currently have the funds to do so.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I didn't say players, I said MVB. We'll do what we need to in order to keep our starting qb, & currently have the funds to do so.
If one of the big boys decides they want him, they will get him. That’s just reality. We can’t overcommit our limited funds to one player. And really couldn’t even if we tried.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
If one of the big boys decides they want him, they will get him. That’s just reality. We can’t overcommit our limited funds to one player. And really couldn’t even if we tried.
Like I said, ok.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login