DWS Upgrades

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
It's legit. Selmon talked about it on Hadad's podcast and there was a poster on the premium board (I think) that is a vendor for some of the equipment that is being procured and he said that he was being contacted to provide pricing.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Think you should get all your crying about the script state out of your system. Looks like it's here to stay.
Unfortunately, you are correct. I'd love to know who is actually pushing this change. Specifically. I think the push for this was there before Selmon, but now that we've tried it and it's terrible, it needs to be stopped.

Reactions: bully12

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
LEDs are happening.

I couldn't tell from their conversation if &ucks logo was here to stay or not. When asked about logos it's paired with a Q about the "interlocking msu".

&elmon said, "fresh new look..". Ha. A baseball logo from the early 70s is a new look? Unimaginative.

&elmon said something about "national branding". Ha. It's a generic term used by all of America that describes nowhere in particular. It's a fictional school on a Dr Pepper commercial. Gezzzz.

Reactions: OG Goat Holder
Jul 10, 2009
We will finally be getting rid of one reminder of a certain "era of cheapness", I get every time they are on...

The two light posts remaining from beside the East side, seemingly from the initial lighting of Scott FIeld.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
LEDs are happening.

I couldn't tell from their conversation if &ucks logo was here to stay or not. When asked about logos it's paired with a Q about the "interlocking msu".

&elmon said, "fresh new look..". Ha. A baseball logo from the early 70s is a new look? Unimaginative.

&elmon said something about "national branding". Ha. It's a generic term used by all of America that describes nowhere in particular. It's a fictional school on a Dr Pepper commercial. Gezzzz.
And hey, the newer, rigid M-State (official logo) is a reminder of one of the greatest times in MSU sports history. Got to get rid of that!*****

There are times and places to do things like the big boys do, and times and places not to. The logo is one where we should. Branding is branding. But instead, our geniuses want to switch that up, but actually try and be like the blue bloods on the field of play. Talk about backwards.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
LEDs are happening.

Okay, this has been going on for months, but you keep going back to "&tate". I get you don't like it, but it's apparently going to be our more permanent logo sooner rather than later, so we should all probably get used to it.

But the main point is, it's way closer to a treble clef than an ampersand.

Reactions: WrightGuy821

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
We will finally be getting rid of one reminder of a certain "era of cheapness", I get every time they are on...

The two light posts remaining from beside the East side, seemingly from the initial lighting of Scott FIeld.
The stanchions on the east side will be there forever because LT cut costs on the upper deck expansion back in the early 90’s and removed structural support for lighting to mirror the west side.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Okay, this has been going on for months, but you keep going back to "&tate". I get you don't like it, but it's apparently going to be our more permanent logo sooner rather than later, so we should all probably get used to it.
I've been straddling this line for a long time. I know I should get used to it, but I also think it's just a terrible logo and idea to change to it permanently. Should we just allow bad decisions?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I was there in '82 when they rolled in the temp lights for LUS. So I've seen worse.
season 20 20x1 GIF by South Park

PCHSDawg

Nov 12, 2014
I've been straddling this line for a long time. I know I should get used to it, but I also think it's just a terrible logo and idea to change to it permanently. Should we just allow bad decisions?
Once a decision is made should we harp on it when we don't agree? We know your position, mission accomplished, give it a rest.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Once a decision is made should we harp on it when we don't agree? We know your position, mission accomplished, give it a rest.
Seems like it's in flux. I haven't seen any real decision made, or at least any official announcement. And no, I won't give it a rest.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Funny, but kinda helps illustrate the problem. We've changed it 100 times over the years. Banner M-State was there for 20 years or so and is the official school logo. It looks good on the stadium/court/etc. Don't want it on the football helmet? Fine. Want some merchandise with &tate? Fine. But no reason to replace the banner as an official athletics logo. Treat &tate like the baseball M over S. It's not rocket science.

Reactions: Maroon13 and Dawg84

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Funny, but kinda helps illustrate the problem. We've changed it 100 times over the years. Banner M-State was there for 20 years or so and is the official school logo. It looks good on the stadium/court/etc. Don't want it on the football helmet? Fine. Want some merchandise with &tate? Fine. But no reason to replace the banner as an official athletics logo. Treat &tate like the baseball M over S. It's not rocket science.
Just want to point out the logo I posted was literally a tribute to rocket science.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I'm not for allowing really bad decisions. But I don't think this rises to that level, and I think you are on a lonesome quest here. Some people hate it (that's you and Maroon13), some people love it (Selmon?), and most people are probably in the middle or don't dislike it enough to make it a huge thing.

I fall somewhere in that group - I think it's fine, but mostly because I am a big believer in us claiming "State". And I think script State is better for that than the banner M. But that's about all the energy I can muster. I don't know what the permanent logo ends up being but I do want it to look good and highlight "State". If I had to vote, I would definitely pick the script State over M-banner.

Hey, but if you want to go Don Quixote against white helmets and/or maroon pants, I'm your Huckleberry Sancho Panza. Let's ride.

Last edited:

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008

I mostly agree. Script state is a good looking logo. I have it on some shirts. I don’t think it is very well suited for a primary logo.
I’m not going to boycott either way- unless they go back to the Templeton-era banner M.

Reactions: Dawgg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I'm not for allowing really bad decisions. But I don't think this rises to that level, and I think you are on a lonesome quest here. Some people hate it (that's you and Maroon13), some people love it (Selmon?), and most people are probably in the middle or don't dislike it enough to make it a huge thing.

I fall somewhere in that group - I think it's fine, but mostly because I am a big believer in us claiming "State". And I think script State is better for that than the banner M. But that's about all the energy I can muster. I don't know what the permanent logo ends up being but I do want it to look good and highlight "State". If I had to vote, I would definitely pick the script State over M-banner.

Hey, but if you want to go Don Quixote against white helmets and/or maroon pants, I'm your Huckleberry Sancho Panza. Let's ride.
How about the STATE without the M behind it? At least on the helmet.

And I 100% agree on going with State. I guess I don't hate the banner M-State for that reason, it emphasizes State enough in my mind.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023

Yeah, might as well go all in on "State" when going back to "MSU" would be pretty difficult. Go ahead and give a quick Google Image search of "MSU" and you'll see over 100 Michigan State University images, followed by Management and Science University in Malaysia, Minot State University in North Dakota, Montana State University, Montana State University of Billings, Midwestern State University in Texas, Marine Safety Unit, and Morehead State University, before you finally come across this image:

Registration open for MSU Fall Preview Days in October and November |  Mississippi State University

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015
I’m good with just putting numbers on the helmet.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Wasn’t that the night Orlando Lundi ran wild. He was from Louisiana and we beat them. They were highly ranked too, I think.
John Bond ran for close to a hunnerd and threw for close to 200. Dana Moore (from red stick) kicked the winning field goal with less than 30 seconds on the clock. The QB for LUS (was it Risher????) threw for 300+. LUS had beaten Bama the week before.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

PLEASE STOP BITCHING ABOUT EVERY LITTLE THING STATE RELATED!!!!!!
I don't think bitching about something we do that you don't like, or suggesting ways you think we could do it better is all negative. Hell that's the way most things get changed in the world, someone bringing ideas to the attention of the people in charge.

And I'll go to my grave bitching about maroon pants.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login