bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
true, but the way they finished the season last year raised alarms too
not lying guardians of the galaxy GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Nitt1300

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
But Nick need to get the to respond. That’s the coach’s job and the team has been middling for the last half a season.

You can’t change the 53 players, but you can bring in a new coach to change the energy and approach!

The point I’m trying to make is that you can’t keep blaming the coach when the players don’t play with a lick of effort. They’re professionals. If they require a rah rah speech from their coach to get up for a game, they don’t belong there.

And if you’re going to go down that route then you better give him ALL the credit for them beating the saints last week.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
The point I’m trying to make is that you can’t keep blaming the coach when the players don’t play with a lick of effort. They’re professionals. If they require a rah rah speech from their coach to get up for a game, they don’t belong there.

And if you’re going to go down that route then you better give him ALL the credit for them beating the saints last week.
I understand your point. Mine is that it’s easier to replace one coach than two dozen players. The team needs a jolt. This is Dougie Fresh 2.0. We know where this is likely going.

I like Nick and want him to succeed but whatever they have happening isn’t working. The team is getting worse and has the feel of an 8-9 game winner this year.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
This right here. They simply do not play like champions.
Franchise QBs make or break NFL coaches. Hurts is on a franchise deal and playing like an average QB most weeks. He’s leading the league (or close to it) in turnovers and this defense isn’t good enough to take that.

Nick needs to find a way to reverse that trend or he’ll be gone by season’s end.

Phlebitis

Oct 25, 2021
Franchise QBs make or break NFL coaches. Hurts is on a franchise deal and playing like an average QB most weeks. He’s leading the league (or close to it) in turnovers and this defense isn’t good enough to take that.

Nick needs to find a way to reverse that trend or he’ll be gone by season’s end.
Couldn't agree more on Hurts. I admire the kid but he is killing them through this slump. NFL games are usually close and those turnovers and missed opportunities are back breakers, especially when you're missing key players. That missed pass early to Barkley for a sure TD changed the game yesterday. Every player makes mistakes, that is a given, but too many are often the difference in NFL games. Tom Brady made an interesting comment about Hurts holding the ball too long. He said something to the effect of not having the confidence for a quick release often leads to having to face a pass rush which makes things worse. He is not wrong. This needs to get corrected if they are going to compete.

Reactions: WestSideLion

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
This is the Big Boys’ league. Players get hurt. I could be wrong but I think the Eagles have lost 8 of their last 11 games. What was the excuse in the other games?
Case in point: they were down Brown and Smith yesterday. And they gave Saquon 12 touches. Twelve! And there were stretches where the game was still close enough to lean on the run and short passes.

The culture of this team and coaching staff is just broken right now. I don’t think you can fix it with the current composition.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login