E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!! Eagles - Saints game thread

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Knowing the Eagles they will drive it down. Score. Instead of OT they will go for 2 and lose

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Unbelievable. Way to go Birds.

My story: I had something else to attend this afternoon. The last thing I heard on the radio was Hurts' fumble in the 2nd qtr. When I finally got back to the car, the Saints were going for 2 points with just over 2 minutes left in the game. So I got to hear (not watch)

- the Birds' D deny the 2-point conversion
- the Birds' O score the go-ahead TD (I worried they did so too fast)
- the Birds' O convert the 2-point attempt
- the Birds' D get the INT to seal the game

I really did not think they were going to win this game, between how the Saints have done on O this season, and how the Birds's have done on O and on D this season.

That's why they play the games.

Go Birds!!!!!

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Not really. They were football plays
Ha! Ok, so when it fails it's analytics and when it succeeds it's football plays. Right.

The problem with all you analytic haters is you only see when it fails and can never see when it wins you games.
I'll bring up the Packers example again. Went for 2 when down by 8 points late in the game. Got it, won the game, made the playoffs by one game. Nobody will ever remember that 2 pt conversion that made all the difference.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Unbelievable. Way to go Birds.

My story: I had something else to attend this afternoon. The last thing I heard on the radio was Hurts' fumble in the 2nd qtr. When I finally got back to the car, the Saints were going for 2 points with just over 2 minutes left in the game. So I got to hear (not watch)

- the Birds' D deny the 2-point conversion
- the Birds' O score the go-ahead TD (I worried they did so too fast)
- the Birds' O convert the 2-point attempt
- the Birds' D get the INT to seal the game

I really did not think they were going to win this game, between how the Saints have done on O this season, and how the Birds's have done on O and on D this season.

That's why they play the games.

Go Birds!!!!!
They really gutted this out. The DLine got the memo and Goedert and Barkley carried a gimpy offense…the right OL backups too.

Nick did cost them points, again, I think. Hurts too. But they won. Now we hope the mounting injuries on offense aren’t too serious.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Ha! Ok, so when it fails it's analytics and when it succeeds it's football plays. Right.

The problem with all you analytic haters is you only see when it fails and can never see when it wins you games.
I'll bring up the Packers example again. Went for 2 when down by 8 points late in the game. Got it, won the game, made the playoffs by one game. Nobody will ever remember that 2 pt conversion that made all the difference.
Huh? Down by 8 late in the game of course you go for 2

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Huh? Down by 8 late in the game of course you go for 2
You're down by 14 pts, you score a TD so now down by 8. You're going for 2?

Btw, I don't think nick is operating purely on analytics with all of his 4th down calls. I think a portion of it is nicks over aggression.

Latest posts