EA College Football video

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Too bad the game basically disappeared during our best years of football (end of Mullen era) and is now returning after Arnett tanked our team...

Sure, there were roster updates from Operation Sports, but it just didn't feel the same.

To be clear, I'm SO excited for this game to drop. It's been too long....!

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
The primary aspect that makes this game so fun (dynasty) is at odds with the way EA monetizes its games (ultimate team), so I'm going to calibrate my expectations accordingly.

Alexi_Lalas

May 7, 2014
The primary aspect that makes this game so fun (dynasty) is at odds with the way EA monetizes its games (ultimate team), so I'm going to calibrate my expectations accordingly.
I'm sure the gameplay and modes will be fine but be prepared to pay $ for any jersey combos that aren't the base home and away and for all sort of other fees for cosmetic items (if that is your thing).

The worry won't be College Football 2025 but College Football 2026 dynasty and beyond. If it is anything like the FIFA series' (now EA FC) Career Mode then there will be only the most minor of additions year over year and legacy bugs will run rampant and be barely addressed.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It’s not just EA. Almost all the game developers use a monetized system for their games. It’s going to be in there, bank on it.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Ultimate team was already in the last NCAA game they made, just with historical players instead of (at the time) current ones. Actually was a really cool concept other than it incentivizing pay to play. I ran the read option with Tebow and McFadden and had a lot of fun with it.

The real best part of this NCAA series has been the dynasty stuff, though. I hope they haven’t forgotten that.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I still play the ‘14 edition on p3. Been waiting on this a long time.

I started a new dynasty when Leach took over and had him as OF coordinator at MSU….eventually left for Cal as HC and won several NCships. Then took the Tenn job where I’m currently unbeatable. I’ll go back to MSU after 3 more seasons to finish out his career as the all time leader in wins.

My P5 sits right next to my p3….eagerly waiting

• Haha
Reactions: bulldoghair

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Most likely the only way that I will be able to see Mississippi State win a national championship in football.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
I still play the ‘14 edition on p3. Been waiting on this a long time.

I started a new dynasty when Leach took over and had him as OF coordinator at MSU….eventually left for Cal as HC and won several NCships. Then took the Tenn job where I’m currently unbeatable. I’ll go back to MSU after 3 more seasons to finish out his career as the all time leader in wins.

My P5 sits right next to my p3….eagerly waiting
Unfortunately, my PS3 died in around 2018. My buddy picked up a used PS3 so we could keep playing, but the controllers died a couple of years ago so we've moved on to Madden. Can't wait for NCAA 25!!

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
If any of y’all went down the College Football Revamped trail, there was a steep learning curve to get it to work, but it was awesome. Those guys did amazing work in the absence of the real thing. Set the bar very high for this next game.

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
Anyone else concerned the Penn State mascot outline and mannerisims look almost identical to the '14 edition? My mind says similar things about the Notre Dame players slapping their sign.
I mean, I'll pay just for an edition that works on PS5 and has updated off-the-field functionality, but nothing I've seen says 10+ years' worth of graphical improvements are being included.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Y'all get your practice in this summer because I'll figure out how to host the first annual SPS tournament this Fall

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login