Eagles offense......

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I posted in the game thread, but figured it may not get a response, seeing as the game is over:

So can someone answer a couple questions for me. Backstory, I mainly watch the AFC, Saints and Dak in that order.

Are the Eagles actually good? I’ve seen many people say the NFC East sucks. I was also under the impression that Hurts sucks. Are these both wrong? What’s their story? I’ve also heard they have a great OL.

Is this one of those deals like Baltimore where they've committed to a running QB? Or is it just kinda what happened?

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Whoever says the NFC East sucks is a dubmass.

The NFC East went 15-9 against the rest of the NFC and 17-3 against the AFC this year. The NFC East is the best division in the NFL top to bottom. The Eagles are very good, but at this point in the tournament anyone left can win it if they don't make stupid mistakes.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I posted in the game thread, but figured it may not get a response, seeing as the game is over:

So can someone answer a couple questions for me. Backstory, I mainly watch the AFC, Saints and Dak in that order.

Are the Eagles actually good? I’ve seen many people say the NFC East sucks. I was also under the impression that Hurts sucks. Are these both wrong? What’s their story? I’ve also heard they have a great OL.

Is this one of those deals like Baltimore where they've committed to a running QB? Or is it just kinda what happened?
I answered you over in the game thread.

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Hurts is a solid QB. IIRC, he took over in a system that didn’t really fit him under Doug Pederson after the Wentz fallout and Nick Foles signing a contract with annother team after the SB win. Then Frank Reich took the HC job in Indy and the team seemed to have a falling out of sorts among who should be starting QB. Hurts won out and obviously Wentz has proven time and again how much of a bust he is.

QB’s require weapons and a system to fit them to be great. Hurts has that going for him with him being used in the run game until he got injured. Also helped him to get AJ Brown added and having one of the top OL in the league.

Eagles also got CJ Gardner Johnson from the Saints in a crazy stupid one sided trade and picked up Suh and a LB in free agency mid season that have played solid for them. Their defense is solid. It’s not SF level but their level included with the high powered Offense is a tough combo.

If Hurts stays healthy the rest of the playoffs and the entire playbook is available, they’ll be a tough out.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004

NFC East sucks was true for a while, but not the last couple seasons. Especially this year.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
The Giants haven't been good all year. They lost to the best teams on their schedule and beat a worse Minn team. Philly, SF, & Dallas were the three best NFC teams. Philly is legit. The offense and defense are both good. I think the AFC is a better conference overall. SB should be a good one. I'd take KC probably but we'll see.

Reactions: DoggieDaddy13

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Hurts is what I hope Parson will be. Good enough of a runner to keep LBs and safeties honest.
If you look at the remaining QBs, all of them are fairly athletic. With defenses getting faster and faster, it’s hard to play the position without escapability. You don’t need to be Michael Vick, but you can’t be Dan Marino unless you have his arm.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Did you see Hurts senior year at Oklahoma? I think a lot of us overlooked it when he left the SEC or because it was vs Big12 defenses. But he put up ridiculous stats (he did have CD Lamb to work with though). Think Daks 2014 rushing + 2015 passing, and then some. He’s definitely talented.

Reactions: GomJabbar

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Hurts was maybe the most improved player in the league this year. He’s had a really strong season. He also is used well as has good weapons at WR, plus a super talented defense to help him.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
What makes the Eagles so good is the guys on the line of scrimmage, offense and defense. And their receivers all block and they block well.
Nothing against Hurts. He's more than solid as a QB and he's got the it factor in terms of leadership.
The Eagles have two MSU players as starters and have long had MSU grads on their roster --- from the likes of Glen Young to Jamar Chaney.
I want to see Dak get a Super Bowl victory but if that can't happen, the Eagles are a good team to pull for.
They certainly aren't posers and anyone who thinks they're a trash team don't know **** from shinola.
Looking forward to the games today.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login