Elon is killing Twitter in its current state…

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Odell has been all over what is happening to Twitter.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
View attachment 361134
I do want to make something clear though. It’s his company he can do whatever he wants. I’m not mad at Elon. The people that are furious about access like they are entitled to it as if it were running water probably do need to step away for a little while. Now if this has been the Sunday after 4th and 25 I’d be irate.

Full disclosure, I still haven't had any rate limits personally, but the site is not refreshing tweets well right now, so there are issues this morning.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Saw this on twitter yesterday (oddly enough it was one of the few tweets I was able to load last night) - tweets seem to be limited when looking at them through the mobile app on your phone. But if you look at Twitter through a browser on a computer, there doesn't seem to be any issue.

That checked out for me. I got the rate limit exceed notices on my phone app yesterday evening and then again this morning. But I'm not having any trouble getting tweets to load on my home computer.

I don't think this is any calculated ploy by Musk. He definitely comes off as someone who has no idea what he's doing. I think the theories that he either quit paying the cloud storage bill or that something broke internally because he's run off so many people (or maybe even a combination of the two) are probably the most likely scenarios.

Also, if you think things are better since he took over, I can only assume you weren't on twitter much before he did. The bot problem alone is 100x worse in the last year.

Reactions: 8dog

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
One of, if not the, richest dudes in the world. Self made. And he has no idea what he's doing?

The **** some of y'all will type...
He is very good at creating things/technology. That doesn’t mean he is good at managing. Just because someone has made money doesn’t mean they are good at everything.

I thought the original blue check system was a huge value add to twitter. Bring it back and charge everyone a small amount per month. Then charge them even more to simply view the verified people (like actual verified sources) if technology will allow.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
One of, if not the, richest dudes in the world. Self made. And he has no idea what he's doing?

I'm not debating his current wealth. But the idea that he's self made is laughable, no matter how he's trying to retcon his upbringing.

I don't think the guy is dumb by any stretch. But, yes, the things he tweets/says make him come across as someone who has no idea what they're talking about.

Reactions: cindy_ev

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Considering I read about 10 tweets per month, this really doesn't bother me. And usually those tweets are from someone here posting them to prove a point.

• Haha
Reactions: eckie1

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

This is refreshing humor from a tech giant.

In contrast, the new meta advertisements are terrifying as ****. Everything that’s wrong with society wrapped up in a 30 second ad.

Or this backfires and enough people stop using his platform. Killing it. He don't give a **** it's just Monopoly money to him but the platform dies.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

Elon has always been dichotomous to me. He’s a huge improvement over the CCP communists that used to run the platform, but he’s still a capitalist that’s playing with house money. I know he wants the platform to succeed, but it’s also no biggie if it doesn’t it seems.

I’ve enjoyed Twitter overall for 10+ years, but when they started blocking one side and amplifying another, they ruined their image forever. It’s already a lesser utilized platform compared to others…. I don’t see Elon changing that.

But, our marketing department owns that place. Legendary tweets put out on the reg!

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Direct question- are you wanting to use the argument that wealth = intellect? Or that wealth = being excellent at everything?

I personally think you should walk back from that view very quickly, if that is your view.
If that isn't your view, then wt17 is the point of your post?

Wealthy people can 17 stuff up too.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Pretty sure the majority of stock owners were American investment groups like Morgan Stanley and Vanguard.
Still doesn’t change the fact that Twitter used the platform as a left wing megaphone the past 5 years. Jack Dorsey is not a decent human, and his shareholders certainly didn’t scold his behavior. Do the math.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Direct question- are you wanting to use the argument that wealth = intellect? Or that wealth = being excellent at everything?

I personally think you should walk back from that view very quickly, if that is your view.
If that isn't your view, then wt17 is the point of your post?

Wealthy people can 17 stuff up too.

As usual you create a ridiculous straw man.

What I responded to was a known biased idiot here including the phrase Elon "comes off as someone who has no idea what he's doing" in another of his/her rambling posts about basically nothing but they/themselves rambling ego.

He has proven he knows what he's doing on many fronts and that he's a flawed human on others.

If you've mastered perfect human, congrats, but I'm doubtful.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Still doesn’t change the fact that Twitter used the platform as a left wing megaphone the past 5 years.
Make sure that tinfoil hat is on properly when you type stuff like this.

Jack Dorsey is not a decent human, and his shareholders certainly didn’t scold his behavior. Do the math.
What math? I have no opinion of Jack Dorsey one way or the other but if you have a claim that he's a terrible human being, I'm going to need some evidence. And actual evidence in the form of an arrest record or a story from a reputable news outlet about him shooting puppies or something and not just something that you've heard from a talking head somewhere.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm not debating his current wealth. But the idea that he's self made is laughable, no matter how he's trying to retcon his upbringing.

I don't think the guy is dumb by any stretch. But, yes, the things he tweets/says make him come across as someone who has no idea what they're talking about.

Please lay out what he started with and what he's worth now and tell us how he's not very much self made.

I know you'll do it, but I'm calling BS right now so I don't have to bother responding later.

Impress me so I can actually respond.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
As usual you create a ridiculous straw man.

What I responded to was a known biased idiot here including the phrase Elon "comes off as someone who has no idea what he's doing" in another of his/her rambling posts about basically nothing but they/themselves rambling ego.

He has proven he knows what he's doing on many fronts and that he's a flawed human on others.

If you've mastered perfect human, congrats, but I'm doubtful.
I mean, first of all, I don't think I'm that well known. Second of all, I'm no idiot. Is this where I challenge you to meet me for an IQ-off?

Third of all, that post wasn't rambling at all. I can ramble way more than that. That post was two paragraphs of my experience of the Great Twitter Rate Limit Fiasco of 2023 that might have been helpful to others who were still having issues. The other two paragraphs were personal opinions about that issue, about how Musk was handling it specifically and about my experience with Twitter as a whole since Musk took over.

I do appreciate that you at least recognized that Musk is a flawed human. I agree and those flaws seem to be very evident in the way he runs a worldwide social media platform. And the way he doesn't seem to care that his cars seem to routinely crash into pedestrians.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Make sure that tinfoil hat is on properly when you type stuff like this.

What math? I have no opinion of Jack Dorsey one way or the other but if you have a claim that he's a terrible human being, I'm going to need some evidence. And actual evidence in the form of an arrest record or a story from a reputable news outlet about him shooting puppies or something and not just something that you've heard from a talking head somewhere.
I mean…. If you can’t see the forest for the trees, how can you be helped?

Jack Dorsey was over Twitter when they canceled the leader of the free world. They silenced thousands of legitimate voices that needed to be heard. And, they amplified every possible radical left wing voice and approved of “mostly peaceful” protests, blah blah.

You talk about tin foil hats and needing muh proof. But you spit right in the face of the obvious.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Please lay out what he started with and what he's worth now and tell us how he's not very much self made.

I know you'll do it, but I'm calling BS right now so I don't have to bother responding later.

Impress me so I can actually respond.
I already looked it up. First off, dude grew up wealthy. I know he's been trying to backtrack on that lately because he thinks it makes him look better but he's admitted it many times in the past.

He, his brother and a third guy started a company with a $28,000 gift from Musk's father. That's about $56,000 in today's money. So, no, he's not self-made.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I already looked it up. First off, dude grew up wealthy. I know he's been trying to backtrack on that lately because he thinks it makes him look better but he's admitted it many times in the past.

He, his brother and a third guy started a company with a $28,000 gift from Musk's father. That's about $56,000 in today's money. So, no, he's not self-made.

My god...

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
I mean…. If you can’t see the forest for the trees, how can you be helped?

Jack Dorsey was over Twitter when they canceled the leader of the free world. They silenced thousands of legitimate voices that needed to be heard. And, they amplified every possible radical left wing voice and approved of “mostly peaceful” protests, blah blah.

You talk about tin foil hats and needing muh proof. But you spit right in the face of the obvious.
Trump and other conservatives weren't banned/silenced/whatever because they were conservative. They were banned/silenced/whatever because they were spreading blatant falsehoods about the election. Those are not "legitimate voices." They weren't simple differences of opinion. They were outright lies. They didn't (and don't) deserve to be heard. And Twitter had no obligation to let them continue to post those lies.

If that's your proof as to why Dorsey isn't a "decent person," I don't think you know what the term means.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Trump and other conservatives weren't banned/silenced/whatever because they were conservative. They were banned/silenced/whatever because they were spreading blatant falsehoods about the election. Those are not "legitimate voices." They weren't simple differences of opinion. They were outright lies. They didn't (and don't) deserve to be heard. And Twitter had no obligation to let them continue to post those lies.

If that's your proof as to why Dorsey isn't a "decent person," I don't think you know what the term means.
Okay, prove it (you can’t disprove math).

Otherwise, have some shame and log the dogFUCK off for the day. You’re talking way too many L’s.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006

Otherwise, have some shame and log the dogFUCK off for the day. You’re talking way too many L’s.
You keep talking about math. What math? This is the comment from Twitter when Trump was suspended. It talks about him repeatedly violating twitter rules and inciting violence. They didn't suspend him just because he's a conservative. Only a moron thinks that.

If hearing it from the horse's mouth isn't enough for you, here's media coverage of it:

Associated Press
NPR
New York Times

The NY Times story even says: "Times reporters analyze hundreds of online communications and posts and find that Mr. Trump’s most ardent supporters continued to spread his message after the ban — doing the work that he had been unable to do himself."

Which completely disproves your "they banned conservative voices" argument.

Here's another story that's relevant from PBS.

"A San Francisco judge tossed out former President Donald Trump’s lawsuit challenging his permanent ban from Twitter.

U.S. District Judge James Donato said Friday that Trump failed to show Twitter violated his First Amendment right to free speech. Free speech rights don’t apply to private companies and Trump failed to show Twitter was working as a state actor on behalf of Democrats, the judge wrote."

Even the "stable genius" himself couldn't prove that Twitter was working for the democrats. You sure as hell aren't going to be able to do it.

stephen colbert win GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

FQDawg

May 1, 2006

17 it, here's another one:

Musk says Twitter is biased against conservatives — facts say otherwise
"Accepted as gospel on the right, the notion that conservatives are marginalized or “canceled” by social media companies has always had an odd ring, given that conservative pundits and politicians (like Jordan) are notably prolific and enjoy high levels of engagement on the major platforms. Last year, the NYU Stern Center for Business and Human Rights published a paper I wrote that observed the absence of any trustworthy studies finding that platforms were removing conservative content for ideological reasons."

"Now, researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Yale and the University of Exeter have released the first study that I’m aware of that takes an independent, empirical look at the bias claim. Twitter, they found, does tend to suspend Republican users far more frequently than Democrats. But that’s not necessarily because of partisan favoritism. Instead, it’s just as likely that Republicans were suspended because they tend to spread far more misinformation."

So, again, if conservatives were getting suspended, it's only because they broke the rules. Not because they were conservative.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
17 it, here's another one:

Musk says Twitter is biased against conservatives — facts say otherwise
"Accepted as gospel on the right, the notion that conservatives are marginalized or “canceled” by social media companies has always had an odd ring, given that conservative pundits and politicians (like Jordan) are notably prolific and enjoy high levels of engagement on the major platforms. Last year, the NYU Stern Center for Business and Human Rights published a paper I wrote that observed the absence of any trustworthy studies finding that platforms were removing conservative content for ideological reasons."

"Now, researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Yale and the University of Exeter have released the first study that I’m aware of that takes an independent, empirical look at the bias claim. Twitter, they found, does tend to suspend Republican users far more frequently than Democrats. But that’s not necessarily because of partisan favoritism. Instead, it’s just as likely that Republicans were suspended because they tend to spread far more misinformation."

So, again, if conservatives were getting suspended, it's only because they broke the rules. Not because they were conservative.
TLDR…. You may as well have posted any of your links from Mao Tse Tung’s blog.

NPR, NYT…. 🤦‍♂️

I’m sorry you’re not very intelligent. It’s probably not your fault (probably is).

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

NPR, NYT…. 🤦‍♂️

I’m sorry you’re not very intelligent. It’s probably not your fault (probably is).
@FQDawg I think it’s really hilarious how you have to Google your thoughts while I don’t. Boomer…. 🤣

FQDawg

May 1, 2006

NPR, NYT…. 🤦‍♂️

The first post was 213 words and I took the trouble of quoting some of the relevant info to save you the trouble of clicking on the links. The second post was 185 words, which again include relevant parts to make things easier for you.

So you couldn't be bothered to read fewer than 400 words about an event that you're complaining about and you think I'm the one who is not very intelligent? That's good. Thanks for the laugh.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
The first post was 213 words and I took the trouble of quoting some of the relevant info to save you the trouble of clicking on the links. The second post was 185 words, which again include relevant parts to make things easier for you.

So you couldn't be bothered to read fewer than 400 words about an event that you're complaining about and you think I'm the one who is not very intelligent? That's good. Thanks for the laugh.
There was nothing “relevant” about posting mainstream media posts. I don’t care if they’re telling me what time it is, I’m checking my ******* watch.

The discernible difference here is that you are happy to be blissfully stupid. I’m not. Have a good night.

• Haha
Reactions: FQDawg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login