Entitled fans

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
When did our fans become so entitled and when did winning an SEC become not enough for our fans. I don’t care what you think about how bad auburn is, they have a more talented roster than we do, although definitely have bigger holes than us. We played very poorly on offense for half the game last night and still won. We are 6-3, a fringe top 25 team and chance to get to 8 wins.

What is enough for your guys? You’re not going to destroy every opponent, especially when we are at the bottom of the talent pool in the SEC.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
I want to be 15-0 and CFP champion way harder than the Leach Haters do, that's for sure, but I'm not going to ever turn my nose up at an SEC win, especially one with as much talent and motivation that Auburn had last night.

We are 6-5 against Auburn since the SEC went to 14. That's a great credit to a whole bunch of players and coaches.

Aug 22, 2012
When did our fans become so entitled and when did winning an SEC become not enough for our fans. I don’t care what you think about how bad auburn is, they have a more talented roster than we do, although definitely have bigger holes than us. We played very poorly on offense for half the game last night and still won. We are 6-3, a fringe top 25 team and chance to get to 8 wins.

What is enough for your guys? You’re not going to destroy every opponent, especially when we are at the bottom of the talent pool in the SEC.
It's because they want us returned to our former championships the never existed

&

A good portion of it has to do with Ole Miss and their ****** front end schedule.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
These are the same crackheads that were complaining about a road loss to LSU.
Yes, it is completely insane. I guess we are better than Alabama and fifty points better than Ole Miss and we routinely beat top ten LSU teams on the road.

i just saw one of those half wits who claims to be a coach post that. Pathetic.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Well, I can't say that there's not some things to be frustrated about, but I certainly agree that many posters here are just flat out making the wrong arguments. Whether it's the comparisons to Ole Miss, unreal expectations, or thinking that Mullen would or wouldn't do better. Our situation here is firmly in the gray area, and more on the good side than bad.

patdog

May 28, 2007
This is ridiculous. No, it’s not expecting too much to expect us to pretty handily beat one of the worst teams in the SEC at home when they’ve just fired half their coaching staff & have a QB who can’t hit the broad side of a barn with a pass.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This is ridiculous. No, it’s not expecting too much to expect us to pretty handily beat one of the worst teams in the SEC at home when they’ve just fired half their coaching staff & have a QB who can’t hit the broad side of a barn with a pass.
It's certainly time for Leach to 'make up' for these head-scratchers by us playing very well. Can't really count aTm and Arkansas because they don't appear to be very good. Georgia and Ole Miss would be a good time to do this.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I was drinkin' last night but not drunk and made a stupid thread which I'm glad is now not on the front page and would prefer it be taken down. Having said that, despite the star calculations on each of our rosters, based on how both teams have played thus far we had no business letting AU back in that game due to total ineptitude of our offense in the 2nd half and it infuriated the hell out of me. I'm tired of seeing Leach lose half time locker room chess matches then not adjusting to our opponents adjustments. Sure, I'm proud of STATE doing what they have done especially when you see teams more "loaded" with star talent doing less but once you've proven you can do better, then by damn do it. And I also realize schit happens and things could be a lot worse.

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
The problem is really that Ole Miss is getting the love and winning. Lane is a name and they are winning …and winning often. He is playing a different game with the portal and it’s working and making news….but he will leave at some point and they will be in trouble. Hired guns will leave tooLet’s be honest we didn’t play great but Auburn played hard and that happens when an unliked coach is fired. They are talented…have a look at the all time series vs them and you might realize we need to celebrate every win. We played like crap and put up 39 …let that sink in.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
I agree with everything you said, but you left out a couple other details, to be fair: the coaches they fired had obviously lost the team, the interim coach effect has been pretty evident this year on talented teams when an unpopular coach is replaced with a very poplar interim, the interim coach is an Auburn legend (and still young) and it was clear he was able to motivate them to play their asses off, and finally we won the game.

I was there. It sucked 2nd quarter on. I was cold and pissed last night and most of the drive back to the coast this morning. But we won and have the record I predicted at this point of the season.

At the end of the day it could be worse - we could all be A&M fans this morning…

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I agree with everything you said, but you left out a couple other details, to be fair: the coaches they fired had obviously lost the team, the interim coach effect has been pretty evident this year on talented teams when an unpopular coach is replaced with a very poplar interim, the interim coach is an Auburn legend (and still young) and it was clear he was able to motivate them to play their asses off, and finally we won the game.

I was there. It sucked 2nd quarter on. I was cold and pissed last night and most of the drive back to the coast this morning. But we won and have the record I predicted at this point of the season.

At the end of the day it could be worse - we could all be A&M fans this morning…
Let's fire Leach and get that "interim coach effect" if it's so good. Who are these teams that improved with a firing of their staff?

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Let's fire Leach and get that "interim coach effect" if it's so good. Who are these teams that improved with a firing of their staff?
Sorry should have clarified- the game after the firing. I’m not looking them up, but there were a few this year.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If everyone who listens to Bo Bounds would stop listening to Bo Bounds this would probably get better. Start off not listening one day a week. Then go to not listening every other day. Then start listening one time a week. Then just stop. He sucks the last tit on the pig. Then he is having to fight the runt of the litter.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
If everyone who listens to Bo Bounds would stop listening to Bo Bounds this would probably get better. Start off not listening one day a week. Then go to not listening every other day. Then start listening one time a week. Then just stop. He sucks the last tit on the pig. Then he is having to fight the runt of the litter.
Couldn’t agree more. He’s a no talent clown

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
It's certainly time for Leach to 'make up' for these head-scratchers by us playing very well. Can't really count aTm and Arkansas because they don't appear to be very good. Georgia and Ole Miss would be a good time to do this.
This is what is frustrating to me. By this standard, we are going to play 4 good teams all yea
So does this make Leach an entitled coach? He was just as critical about last nights performance as this board.

absolutely nothing wrong with being critical. Some have gone overboard. There was more than one post saying they were done with leach, regardless of the outcome. That’s stupid. It’s fine to say we played like **** but half the board is acting like we lost. I’ll take an ugly win over a loss any day of the week, especially against auburn. We have this same performance against whoever we play before the egg bowl, then by all means have a meltdown.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This is what is frustrating to me. By this standard, we are going to play 4 good teams all yea

more I think about it, you’re right. I was going to try and rephrase it to “playing well”, but we did play fairly well against those teams, though certainly not great.

I don’t think we’ve played a complete game all year. People will laugh but we are capable of playing a close game Saturday. Certainly capable of beating Ole Miss.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I don’t know about feeling entitled to top ten program or anything like that, but SEC West football wins have been traditionally hard to come by for Mississippi State, so when the team pisses away a chance to beat an SEC West team, then yes, I think fans are entitled to feel a certain way about that.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I don’t know about feeling entitled to top ten program or anything like that, but SEC West football wins have been traditionally hard to come by for Mississippi State, so when the team pisses away a chance to beat an SEC West team, then yes, I think fans are entitled to feel a certain way about that.
But we did win. I’ll always be happy about a win against Auburn no matter how it comes by. Saturday’s win put our all-time record against Auburn at 29-65-2. Auburn was motivated and playing on an emotional high for Cadillac. It was like their Super Bowl. If Harsin coached that game they would’ve laid down. Alabama nearly lost at home to a terrible A&M team that we killed by three touchdowns because that is their Super Bowl and they are emotionally up for it. It happens. Be happy we won and move on.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Who won the game?

Look at auburn’s schedule this year. They have generally been in every game this year. Record is bad but not a lot of blowouts

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Who won the game?

Look at auburn’s schedule this year. They have generally been in every game this year. Record is bad but not a lot of blowouts
I know who won the game, but for half or most of that game, it looked like a loss was not just possible, but probable. It's like the Louisiana Tech 'win' last year. It's ok to feel bad after a win when you should have won it going away.

A close win against a bad team is better than a loss against a bad team, but the flu is also better than cancer. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck to catch the flu.

And no, they haven't generally "been in every game" this year.
Penn State - Blow out
Georgia - Blow out
That's expected; those are really good teams.
Arkansas - They would have lost by 21 if they didn't score a garbage time touchdown with 4 seconds left. They were down by 25 going into the 4th.
LSU - sure they were in it.
Ole Miss - sure they were in it.
State - sure they were in it starting with the 3rd quarter.

So, half of their losses they were "in it".

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Be happy we won and move on.
sloth no GIF

• Haha
Reactions: ronpolk

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
It's because they want us returned to our former championships the never existed

&

A good portion of it has to do with Ole Miss and their ****** front end schedule.
17 you you mutha 17ing 1941 denier.**

I think this is basically about UK & UM. Even though UK has a good defense, not showing up in that game is the difference between everybody feeling pretty good about this season and a substantial number of our fans having a bad taste in their mouth. I'm not even sure we had to win. If our O looked decent to pretty good in a loss, then we'd have at least shown up one time against a good D.

Then that is compounded by it being our only common opponent with UM there is a meaningful difference in performance, where we have sucked a dick and UM has only sort of kissed the tip of it, maybe gave it a little hand action, before ultimately deciding they would like to win the game more than UK did.

Reactions: Dawgg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I think regardless of whether you’re pro-Leach, anti-Leach, or somewhere in the middle, we’re all seeing the same thing. It’s the expectations of what we SHOULD be seeing that seem to be so different.

The team plays hard and is bought in. We get what we can out of the talent we have. On offense, we are middle of the pack in the SEC with a group of players with virtually no NFL prospects at any of the skill positions (and maybe none period). Thats pretty difficult to do in this league. For those same reasons, we often go into a shell at times due to inability to execute against defenses with more talent than our offense….which is basically all of them. Defensive talent isn’t much better, and neither are the results.

The biggest takeaway is that we don’t do anything consistently well, or consistently poorly, on either side of the ball. Thats a talent issue, not a coaching issue. So, we are back where we were with Mullen. Top 25-30 recruiting program and will likely never be better than that. Winning 6-8 per year in the regular season. Struggling mightily to bring in elite talent on offense, like always, for the same reasons we always have. That’s acceptable to some folks and not so much to others, and those groups will be forever at odds with one another.

What I don’t understand are those who craft every performance on how it supports their negative take on Leach (or any MSU coach), or on how it refutes an opposing positive take. Seems like a tried and true way to remain eternally unhappy with MSU football. But to each their own, I suppose.

STATEgrad04

Mar 3, 2008
I think its more about wanting to becoming relevant in todays college football, at least for me anyways. Winning 7 and even 8 games a year in todays climate is not going to get you anything more than a Music City bowl game level, which is irrelevant in todays college football. Sure, that was "good" 10 years ago, and well above our historical average, but it really doesnt get you anything. And yes, watching om flirt with another 10 win season and new years six bowl is beyond frustrating. If they can produce in the same state 1.5 hours away from our campus, then it shouldnt be unreasonable to want/expect to do the same thing on a consistent level.

I fear that if we continue to settle/hope for 7-5 because thats "all we are ever going to be" then that is what we will get, at best. Right now we have now image, no identity, no edge, and are very forgettable within the college landscape. With the addition of Texas and OU, we will become even more of an afterthought if we continue down this same road.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I think its more about wanting to becoming relevant in todays college football, at least for me anyways. Winning 7 and even 8 games a year in todays climate is not going to get you anything more than a Music City bowl game level, which is irrelevant in todays college football. Sure, that was "good" 10 years ago, and well above our historical average, but it really doesnt get you anything. And yes, watching om flirt with another 10 win season and new years six bowl is beyond frustrating. If they can produce in the same state 1.5 hours away from our campus, then it shouldnt be unreasonable to want/expect to do the same thing on a consistent level.

I fear that if we continue to settle/hope for 7-5 because thats "all we are ever going to be" then that is what we will get, at best. Right now we have now image, no identity, no edge, and are very forgettable within the college landscape. With the addition of Texas and OU, we will become even more of an afterthought if we continue down this same road.

But it always comes down to talent, and in “today’s college football”, that only means one thing…..money. Hate to break it to you, but Ole Miss has been pumping way more money into their program than we have for practically forever. Check their annual revenue figures and ours, strip away the SEC Network payout, and consider the fact that both us and them have negligible differences in stadium capacities and ticket sales costs in the big 3 sports. What you’ll find is that they get about 25% more in donations annually than we do, and that’s just to the athletic department. The worst part is that 25% is proportional to what they are doing in recruiting as well…..its reasonable to assume they are beating us there by roughly the same amount.

That’s why you see former Ole Miss players littered throughout the NFL at the high dollar recruit positions (WR, QB, RB, OT), where MSU has literally has Dak and Charles Cross carrying the torch for us. And they just straight bought a starting WR right off our roster in the offseason….one that’s not even an elite talent. Why? Because they could. And the same thing would have happened to Jarrian Jones and Fabian Lovett if the transfer portal reform had happened a few months earlier.

If you figure out how to increase our donations across the board (meaning NIL and Bulldog Club) by 25%, you will have done something that Greg Byrne, Scott Stricklin, and John Cohen collectively could not ever do. And that would be great. But if not, the Leach / Mullen program stature is about the best we can hope for.

hailstate19

Nov 7, 2015
I’m so sick of state fans that are okay with being so mediocre. We should have one loss at this point in the season to Bama. The LSU game was a poor because we controlled that game, and we should never lose to Kentucky. I’m not okay with 7-5 and 8-4 every year. I don’t care how bad it was prior to the 90s, or how bad it was during Croom. I want us to elevate the program. No reason to say 7-5 is good

Last edited:

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Yea we should have beat Top Ten LSU in Death Valley, Alabama couldn’t do it, but historically we always do*****

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
But it always comes down to talent, and in “today’s college football”, that only means one thing…..money. Hate to break it to you, but Ole Miss has been pumping way more money into their program than we have for practically forever. Check their annual revenue figures and ours, strip away the SEC Network payout, and consider the fact that both us and them have negligible differences in stadium capacities and ticket sales costs in the big 3 sports. What you’ll find is that they get about 25% more in donations annually than we do, and that’s just to the athletic department. The worst part is that 25% is proportional to what they are doing in recruiting as well…..its reasonable to assume they are beating us there by roughly the same amount.

That’s why you see former Ole Miss players littered throughout the NFL at the high dollar recruit positions (WR, QB, RB, OT), where MSU has literally has Dak and Charles Cross carrying the torch for us. And they just straight bought a starting WR right off our roster in the offseason….one that’s not even an elite talent. Why? Because they could. And the same thing would have happened to Jarrian Jones and Fabian Lovett if the transfer portal reform had happened a few months earlier.

If you figure out how to increase our donations across the board (meaning NIL and Bulldog Club) by 25%, you will have done something that Greg Byrne, Scott Stricklin, and John Cohen collectively could not ever do. And that would be great. But if not, the Leach / Mullen program stature is about the best we can hope for.
Man you might want to check numbers for high dollar state players in the nfl. We are pretty high up there. Not many of those guys were 5 Star blue chip guys. A few were though. Cross, Jones, Simmons.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login