Entitled fans

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
LSU has improved every week. They aren't the same team from the week we played them. We might be worse today than we were a month ago.
Oh ok,they sucked when we played them, same roster destroyed Ole Miss 45-3 after the first quarter, same roster beat Alabama.... but when we played them they sucked

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Oh ok,they sucked when we played them, same roster destroyed Ole Miss 45-3 after the first quarter, same roster beat Alabama.... but when we played them they sucked
What is hard to understand about this? DO you think FSU is one of the best teams in the country? Or is LSU improving quickly under good coaching?

They probably didn't suck when we played them, but they were probably significantly worse than they are now, where as I can't say that we are any better.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
What is hard to understand is people saying LSU was a bad loss when they are a top ten team that just blew up #11 Ole Miss, beat #6 Alabama and we have beaten them once on the road in 31 years by a coach other than leach in 2020

Reactions: FlotownDawg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
What is hard to understand about this? DO you think FSU is one of the best teams in the country? Or is LSU improving quickly under good coaching?

They probably didn't suck when we played them, but they were probably significantly worse than they are now, where as I can't say that we are any better.
LSU staff might be the best I've seen lately at half time adjustments

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
I am a Leach fan. But let's look at this logically. I am unhappy about the lsu and kentucky losses and was pissed most of the auburn game. But if you look at winning percentages, the team has improved each year that Leach has been here. You can't REASONABLY ask for any more than that.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
What is hard to understand is people saying LSU was a bad loss when they are a top ten team that just blew up #11 Ole Miss, beat #6 Alabama and we have beaten them once on the road in 31 years by a coach other than leach in 2020
Sorry you can't understand some team's progressively get better throughout the season with a new head coach with a good staff. We have gotten better than we were in 2020 but we have also have had a lot of wtf moments in year three of our coach. The second half of that game was one of them. Saturday was another. good coaching staffs get better through out the season

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
You are changing the subject. the subject was the LSU loss being a bad loss we gave away, which is nonsense. LSU is a top ten team that just destroyed #11 Ole Miss and beat Alabama.

lsu is really good and we have beaten them Once on the road in 31 years other than leach doing it in 2020

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Man you might want to check numbers for high dollar state players in the nfl. We are pretty high up there. Not many of those guys were 5 Star blue chip guys. A few were though. Cross, Jones, Simmons.

The overwhelming majority of our high profile players in the NFL are on defense. And those guys don’t fetch the same price tag in recruiting as the offensive skill positions. Costs a lot more to land a Jalen Hurts, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Jaxon Dart, etc. than it does for somebody like Jeffrey Simmons or Jonathan Abram.

It was a lot better strategy for us 20 years ago when the rules still were at least neutral between offense and defense. But now with literally every rule change favoring offense / scoring, you don’t get the same bang for the buck when going after defensive guys. The game has changed. Top QB’s are getting literally 7 figures their freshmen seasons before playing a snap. That’s not happening for any defensive guys.

Reactions: Grover777

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
When did our fans become so entitled and when did winning an SEC become not enough for our fans. I don’t care what you think about how bad auburn is, they have a more talented roster than we do, although definitely have bigger holes than us. We played very poorly on offense for half the game last night and still won. We are 6-3, a fringe top 25 team and chance to get to 8 wins.

What is enough for your guys? You’re not going to destroy every opponent, especially when we are at the bottom of the talent pool in the SEC.

Well here is what chaps people’s ***. It’s the same repetitive screwups.

1st down… tackle misses assignment and let’s DE blast right to the QB. Loss of 4-5.

2nd down… crossing route.. WR drops pass in his hands.

3rd down… check down to RB in the flat that is well covered.. loss of 2-3 yards.

4th down… 30 yard punt.

Or some similar scenario.

That type of progression happened a couple of times in the game and you get players taking a play off or someone missing an assignment that should have been fixed in spring practice. And it never gets fixed. An entire series that leaves you saying “wtf!” That’s stuff that Troy, UAB, and LA Tech doesn’t do.

and the same things will happen the next game. And the next. And in to next season. That’s freaking frustrating.

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012
I don’t care how ole miss is doing until thanksgiving. That has nothing to do with it for me.

I hate seeing our teams play scared, without max effort. I can handle losing if they go all out. run blocking is usually about who wants it more. AU would have been over early third quarter with some run blocking/tackling. Historically we have been good about getting after ppl.

I guess you can say it’s talent, but what is the most simple play in football? QB sneak, halfback dive, qb run ———> Kentucky, lsu, auburn. Tackling is mostly about want to, so is run blocking.

Reactions: msstatelp1

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
It was a blown opportunity, not a bad loss.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
When did our fans become so entitled and when did winning an SEC become not enough for our fans. I don’t care what you think about how bad auburn is, they have a more talented roster than we do, although definitely have bigger holes than us. We played very poorly on offense for half the game last night and still won. We are 6-3, a fringe top 25 team and chance to get to 8 wins.

What is enough for your guys? You’re not going to destroy every opponent, especially when we are at the bottom of the talent pool in the SEC.

Because fans are fanatical - devoid of reason and full of passion for their team. When they see the writing on the wall and know this season likely ends up similar to all the seasons preceding, they get grumpy. Passion and being irrational is what gets you coming back for more after decades of nothing special. Why else would you root for Mississippi State? I'd rather just find something else to do with my fall Saturday afternoons if I was content with tepid expectations and continuing to "know our place" in the pecking order.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login