ESPN can try as hard as they want to

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
but they won't make women's sports anymore popular than it is. They might even make women's college basketball more popular, but it's not gonna do anything for the pro league. They can create a new Game Day specifically for women's basketball, but it will not make the WNBA successful like they want to. I am sorry I'm not being sexist, I'm just stating fact it's been like this since the first tried creating a pro women's league decades ago.

I like women's college basketball basketball and I watch every weekend and even some during the week. It just looks they're trying to do the same thing as some other industries have recently and it's not going to work in the long run. It will just waste a lot of money and give a lot of folks false hope.

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
Great Job Reaction GIF

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
but they won't make women's sports anymore popular than it is. They might even make women's college basketball more popular, but it's not gonna do anything for the pro league. They can create a new Game Day specifically for women's basketball, but it will not make the WNBA successful like they want to. I am sorry I'm not being sexist, I'm just stating fact it's been like this since the first tried creating a pro women's league decades ago.

I like women's college basketball basketball and I watch every weekend and even some during the week. It just looks they're trying to do the same thing as some other industries have recently and it's not going to work in the long run. It will just waste a lot of money and give a lot of folks false hope.
LSU court said "2023 national champions" last night. Cute.

Reactions: LexSCDOG

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
i’ll probably watch more when they start adding trannies
Pretty sure they already have, it’s going to come out in the next few years. Ncaa made it legal for them to play and it adds viewers since they can make plays women normally can’t.

Reactions: bulldoghair

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Pretty sure they already have, it’s going to come out in the next few years. Ncaa made it legal for them to play and it adds viewers since they can make plays women normally can’t.
Can’t wait to see a tranny do the Flanagan on an unsuspecting girl.***

• Haha
Reactions: Mts68 and 85Bears

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Wnba is another beast all together. When the league started, I was misguided and got tix to a bunch of Houston comet games. The crowd was very non diverse.

Definitely when I found out the crowd is a different bunch from college.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Women’s basketball is already the third most popular college sport behind football and men’s basketball, so I don’t know how much more popular it can get. Sorry if that bothers some of you.
Thanks for the info because since I don't watch it, I would not know.*********

Reactions: bulldoghair

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
I don’t think they care about making men like women’s sports. They’re trying to get women to start watching more and increase viewership. It’s a balance of getting new viewers and not losing old ones
damn they made nfl stop wearing jocks to attract the women. what else is it going to take?? put a damn TV on the oven screen?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Women’s basketball is already the third most popular college sport behind football and men’s basketball, so I don’t know how much more popular it can get. Sorry if that bothers some of you.
One more time I will say I like women's college basketball. I just wonder how long we could go without hell being raised if we had devoted a game day and spent several hours on ESPN with nothing but men reporting on the broadcast. We may have done that just a few years ago, but it would never fly now. You don't have to jump on the soapbox with me. It's just so much different women's game now than when I used to follow my daughter playing all over the state... And as some of you already have alluded to it's about to be an entirely different game for Women to try and compete in.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
One more time I will say I like women's college basketball. I just wonder how long we could go without hell being raised if we had devoted a game day and spent several hours on ESPN with nothing but men reporting on the broadcast. We may have done that just a few years ago, but it would never fly now. You don't have to jump on the soapbox with me. It's just so much different women's game now than when I used to follow my daughter playing all over the state... And as some of you already have alluded to it's about to be an entirely different game for Women to try and compete in.
What event triggered you to start this thread and post this follow up?
It seems out of place and without context.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with your posts, I am trying to understand why the sudden discussion at all.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The gap between the viewership of the men’s and women’s March madness has been closing pretty steadily. NCAA softball has seen a bump in ratings

Other than that is still pretty wide open.

TV ratings are pretty meh for anything outside of the NFL.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
What event triggered you to start this thread and post this follow up?
It seems out of place and without context.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with your posts, I am trying to understand why the sudden discussion at all.
Several things, but it culminated with a game day that overloaded the estrogen levels on my television. It actually started when my wife was trying to watch the pregame and was saying something to me about it going just a little bit over the top. I really don't have to say much anymore. Right n Motionow, in the world of sports and entertainment the more they keep trying to shove this, whatever this is, down our throats the more they will lose money, especially at the box office.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
The gap between the viewership of the men’s and women’s March madness has been closing pretty steadily. NCAA softball has seen a bump in ratings

Other than that is still pretty wide open.

TV ratings are pretty meh for anything outside of the NFL.
Softball viewership is the one that always surprises me. I’ve spent my entire life in a family that has sports on the tv pretty much any time we’re awake. Football, basketball, baseball, tennis, golf, whatever…. Never once have I been around anyone that’s said… let’s see how softball’s going.

No disrespect intended, I just had no idea that it was as popular as it is. Especially the WCWS

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Several things, but it culminated with a game day that overloaded the estrogen levels on my television. It actually started when my wife was trying to watch the pregame and was saying something to me about it going just a little bit over the top. I really don't have to say much anymore. Right n Motionow, in the world of sports and entertainment the more they keep trying to shove this, whatever this is, down our throats the more they will lose money, especially at the box office.
Thanks for the context.
I haven't noticed this claimed shoving of women's sports down our throats.
It's sports- nobody is required to watch.
Also, the exponential increase in easily accessible televised men's sports over the last 10 years has never made me feel like men's sports are being shoved down our throats.

There is a wider and deeper catalog of easily viewable sports than there ever has been in my life.
If you don't want to watch something, then just watch any of the seemingly infinite other options that are live or on replay.

I don't currently watch women's basketball(college or pro) and have never felt like it is being shoved down my throat. Same goes for softball, women's soccer(college or pro), or any other sport.

All you need to do is change the channel. It's super simple. There is no end of men's basketball games on live or recent replay, if that's your kink.

As for your comment about the box office...that's quite the forced add-on to this sports discussion.
This seems like one of those times where you are outraged over something that doesnt hurt you, it has a super simple solution, and that solution won't even negatively impact you in the least.
Just don't watch since you aren't forced to watch.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
In the past 20 years, they have certainly increased the amount of women's sports they put on tv for sure.
1) they probably think it's the morally right thing to do (CSR)
2) it's dirt cheap to produce and having exclusive and unique programming makes financial sense

Reactions: Dawgg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I have watched 4 women’s games…..the 4 MSU Final Four games. That’s it. I’ll watch again if MSU is in the final four or makes the WCWS.

That’s it. My opinion stops there. Don’t care about the rest. Maybe if I had daughters that play sports I would care more, but I don’t.

Come at me bro

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
In the past 20 years, they have certainly increased the amount of women's sports they put on tv for sure.
1) they probably think it's the morally right thing to do (CSR)
2) it's dirt cheap to produce and having exclusive and unique programming makes financial sense
1- interest has grown. It's simply reality. Women's college basketball viewership has increased. Now that the women's ncaa volleyball tournament is fully televised, the ratings support that change.

2- yes I agree with you that it is relatively inexpensive to televise so many women's sports. The exact same reality applies to men's sports, which is why basketball games like Youngstown State vs Green Bay and UC Riverside vs Cal Poly are now televised live and available on replay.
There is simply more televised sporting content now compared to ever before.

3- nobody is forced to watch any of it- men's or women's. Nobody is forced to watch men's games or sports they aren't interested in. Nobody is forced to watch women's games or sports they aren't interested in.
I no longer watch NHL games just like I don't watch women's lacrosse or doubles pickleball matches.
None of this is being forced down our throats.

Last edited:

Mts68

Aug 22, 2012
1- interest has grown. It's simply reality. Women's college basketball viewership has increased. Now that the women's ncaa volleyball tournament is fully televised, the ratings support that change.

2- yes I agree with you that it is relatively inexpensive to televise so many women's sports. The exact same reality applies to men's sports, which is why basketball games like Youngstown State vs Green Bay and UC Riverside vs Cal Poly are now televised live and available on replay.

3- nobody is forced to watch any of it- men's or women's. Nobody is forced to watch men's games or sports they aren't interested in. Nobody is forced to watch women's games or sports they aren't interested in.
I no longer watch NHL games just like I don't watch women's lacrosse or doubles pickleball matches.
Borderline cross-eyed (drunk) reading your post is the worst. Just a random thought i felt The need to post

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I have watched 4 women’s games…..the 4 MSU Final Four games. That’s it. I’ll watch again if MSU is in the final four or makes the WCWS.

That’s it. My opinion stops there. Don’t care about the rest. Maybe if I had daughters that play sports I would care more, but I don’t.

Come at me bro
Come at you about what? If it isn’t your thing it isn’t your thing.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

Cat Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

• Haha
Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Yeah you nailed it.
After clarifying what the OP'S issue was, it was so absurd that I felt compelled to respond and got detailed with the points.

Fewer absurd claims by others = fewer detailed responses my me.
I clearly struggle to not respond to absurd outrage posts, especially ones where the solution is so simple.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Yeah you nailed it.
After clarifying what the OP'S issue was, it was so absurd that I felt compelled to respond and got detailed with the points.

I clearly struggle to not respond to absurd outrage posts, especially ones where the solution is so simple.
I walked right into that one didn't? I should've just not answered your request because I should've already known that anything I think is more or less insignificant according to your opinion.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Yeah you nailed it.

oh gawd please what a 17n dbag

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Yeah you nailed it.

You also can’t take a joke.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You also can’t take a joke.
The entire world lost their sense if humor, yet they are giving us a Human Roomba and someone so bad even Twitter rejected them (the only thing would be worse if they got rejected by TikTok) as our only two Presidential Candidates to vote from.

** Not to mention that they are both older than my mother; who is a great - great grandmother... and in which i would trust even more to drive me through backwoods of Northern Mississippi than either of these two bums.

Reactions: mstateglfr

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

Men's football and basketball are about as popular as they can get. They are a cash cow commodity. Men's baseball still has some upside to the market as does all the other college sports. The SEC and Big10 see these other sports as financial growth opportunities.

With the push from media to make women superheroes, and more "masculine" it makes sense that women's sports will gain popularity over time. Why not make more money from it?

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Also "viewership is up" is normal and not unique. There are more people on the planet and way more ways to access content.

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I walked right into that one didn't? I should've just not answered your request because I should've already known that anything I think is more or less insignificant according to your opinion.
My first post was genuine- I figured I had missed out on some event over the weekend that would have triggered such a thread topic. But after you said its really just a Sunday morning complaint post, I figured I would point out that contrary to your claim, nothing is being shoved down your throat. There are simply more televised athletic competitions than ever before. Its unfortunate that you conflate that into a negative and claim one part of that televised content is being shoved down your throat, but that doesnt make it true.

This is like you laying on your stomach in 6" of water and flailing around while calling for help and claiming you are drowning. Just stand up and walk away.
If you dont want to watch a women's athletic competition, then turn it to any of the record number of currently televised men's athletic competitions...or turn the TV off and walk away. Either way, nothing is shoved down your throat.

All this is even funnier since you apparently like watching women's basketball. If you dont like watching the pregame show...dont watch it. Nobody is making you watch it. Nobody made you watch Lee Corso every Saturday in the fall for the last 30 years either- if you didnt want to watch College GameDay, then you didnt. Same here.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login