ESPN can try as hard as they want to

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You really get off on putting people down don't you or is it just me you don't like? Don't worry I won't take any more of your precious time.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I'm not going to get into a debate on the finer points of this thread, but I will say that I've had as much fun watching and taking my kids to Mississippi State women's sporting events (basketball, softball, soccer, volleyball) as I have the men (football, basketball, baseball). It's really more about the fact that they're a Mississippi State team than what sport they're playing or what gender they are.

I've taken my kids to see quite a few Dallas Wings games in Arlington, especially since they traded for Teaira McCowan and it's been an inexpensive, low maintenance, and fun experience every time I've gone. I root for them to do well and will have the game on in the background while I'm doing stuff around the house (which is how I watch most pro sports).

The only thing I'll say is that I don't think it's a bad thing to attempt to promote women's sports and I don't think it's a bad thing to have women be at the forefront of broadcasts about women's sports. I also don't think either of the things I just said should be controversial.

goodknight

Jan 27, 2011
When you’re trying to build a fan base for women’s sports and women don’t watch it’s a problem.

Reactions: Dawgg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
When you’re trying to build a fan base for women’s sports and women don’t watch it’s a problem.
Why? If a small % of adult women closely follow sports, why would it be expected that they follow women's sports specifically?...or why is it a problem if they dont?

But regardless of who is the fanbase or who you think should be the fanbase, none of this is being shoved down our throats. We arent required to watch pre-game personal stories about the female athletes that will soon play. We arent required to watch pregame analyst commentary about the women's teams that will soon play. We arent required to watch women's sports at all, actually.
None of this is forced upon us, despite the claim.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Well, that's kinda the whole concept of building a fanbase. Identify a segment of the population who don't currently watch, and promote something that will attract them.

Reactions: Dawgg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login