ESPN Top 100 Players in College Football Will Rogers #27

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Obviously ESPN didn’t take a poll of Sixpack. Rogers would’ve been rated much lower, if rated at all.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Very true. I think #27 is too high, but he's definitely a pretty good QB for what we're trying to do offensively. I expect he'll be a 5-year starter and shatter every SEC passing record there is. If I'm wrong and one of the backups does beat him out, that's even better.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
When's the last time you got excited about an ESPN ranking? ***

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Since the thread is already headed this way I’ll light the match. Is he a great college player? Without question. Does being a great college player translate to the NFL? No. The jury is still out on his NFL potential.

Danny Wuerful is who always pops in my head when I think of a comparison. Great college system qb. Arm strength was exposed in the NFL.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Ken Dorsey is another. He’s considered one of the best QBs ever at the U (and that is a packed list of NFL guys) who had a cup of coffee in the NFL because of his arm strength.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
When you’re guaranteed to get to throw the ball 60 times a game, not to mention a big chunk of your stats come in garbage time, espn will rank you this high. It’s all about the numbers for them. They don’t care how many wins and losses those numbers equate too either.
Most likely he’ll be a five year starter, break all kind of passing records, and still have an overall 50/50 career win percentage.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Since the thread is already headed this way I’ll light the match. Is he a great college player? Without question. Does being a great college player translate to the NFL? No. The jury is still out on his NFL potential.

Danny Wuerful is who always pops in my head when I think of a comparison. Great college system qb. Arm strength was exposed in the NFL.

Reggie Bush may be the greatest player in college football history, he was good in the NFL but I don't see him making the NFL HOF.

*looking at you Deion*

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Have they not noticed his noodle arm and lack of mobility**

Jamarcus Russelll sure had a strong arm and was somewhat mobile.....just saying

Big knock on Dak was his arm strength but it's improved over the years. Any chance Will's arm can get marginally stronger? Not asking about improved mobility 😀

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020

People were saying the same thing about Brett Favre when he went to the NFL.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Reggie Bush may be the greatest player in college football history, he was good in the NFL but I don't see him making the NFL HOF.

*looking at you Deion*
Reggie Bush's game was based on speed and quickness. He didn't have such a big advantage there when he got to the NFL.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Rogers can help himself a little with good mechanics. He tends to throw off balance and off his back foot which takes some zip off the ball.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The second string QB is always the best QB for State fans. Never have figured that one out!

I came here to say that! The only years that wasn't true was 2014 & 2015. Outside of that, we have a long history of thinking the bench quarterback was the missing piece to winning.... and it would happen multiple times during the same game!

Booooo Wayne Madkin! Get off the field, bring in Matt Wyatt!
Boooo Matt Wyatt! Go back to punting! Bring back Madkin!
You stink Madkin! Why did we take out Wyatt?!?

You could substitute that with a number of different combos:
Plump/Jordan
Taite/Wyatt
Madkin/Fant
Conner/Henig
Carroll/Henig
Lee/Carroll
Relf/Russell
Russell/Dak
Fitzgerald/Keytaon
Stevens/Shrader
Rogers/Costello

I mean... there were calls at some point last year for Sawyer Robertson.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Do I wish he was more mobile and had a stronger arm? Of course. I want a QB that tries completions, doesn’t throw picks, has a command of the offense, and is a team leader. Rogers checks off all of those boxes. It’s rating college football players, and Will is a great college football player.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Do I wish he was more mobile and had a stronger arm? Of course. I want a QB that tries completions, doesn’t throw picks, has a command of the offense, and is a team leader. Rogers checks off all of those boxes. It’s rating college football players, and Will is a great college football player.

If he gets time to work this year he is absolutely going to carve some teams up.

I'm hoping the maturity and experience of the RBs make the check down deadly for staying ahead of the chains which will draw equally talented to slightly more talented teams out of the drop defense. That's where and when he has to make his hay!!

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
This won’t be settled until we see…

His ratings in NCAA Football ‘24 next year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login