Every year of the Leach tenure

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
A month will go by, and no one will care. We'll replace these guys and keep trucking. The defense is fine, even if we have to replace Arnett. It happens.

This is the benefit of having a plug and play offense. There are plenty of players out there and not enough seats at the table.

The media needs chaos though, so there will continue to be 'sky is falling' posts/articles/tweets/etc.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
It’s because this is all the Leach haters have. There are people who hate Leach and will always hate him no matter how many games we win. The portal is right now the only thing they can ding him on. Every team is losing players to the portal but they act like it’s just us and they’re leaving because they hate Leach and hate the offense. So far we’ve lost two impact players, and DJ’s production can be easily replaced. I thought after we beat OM the Leach haters would be satiated for a while but I should’ve known better.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
2 things have happened

1. Players have left and there has been talk of a "mutiny". Everyone thinks Mike Leach has lost control of the team and is a lame duck coach going forward.

2. We have improved as a team and a program.
Funny how "losing control of the team" can also look like managing problems off the roster, or just not cowing down to player egos/demands and insisting that everyone work hard, be a team player, etc. JoMo and his placating players approach lost control of the team. Leach may quit in disgust at the crap he has to deal with these days but he won't lose control of the locker room.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
2 things have happened

1. Players have left and there has been talk of a "mutiny". Everyone thinks Mike Leach has lost control of the team and is a lame duck coach going forward.

That's the 50% of coaches that have above .500 winning records.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
It is not a coach's job to pump sunshine up anybody's a$$ - particularly now that he's having to manage players who are getting paid beyond their usual football scholarship.
His job is to make them better players and better men and, hopefully, build a winning program. I trust Leach to do that. Even more today than I did last week.
He's like a damnn CEO. You better make sure the people working for your organization are team players and doing their dead level best to get better.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
2 things have happened

When have we lost players that really hurt us and people declared a mutiny possible prior to this year?

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
It’s because this is all the Leach haters have. There are people who hate Leach and will always hate him no matter how many games we win.

"Leach haters."

I only read/post at this message board, and I haven't noticed anyone here that I would put into that category. Certainly, I simply may have a different idea of what a "Leach hater" is. (IMO, hate is a strong word.)

Also, I'm not very sensitive to critical remarks . . . especially critical remarks about someone other than myself (e.g., Leach).

Have you noticed any "Leach haters" here? If so, then who? If not, then where?

Reactions: pmack3641

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
When have we lost players that really hurt us and people declared a mutiny possible prior to this year?
Fabian Lovett
Jarrian Jones
Last year Makai Polk went pro and there was drama about Spurrier Jr saying it was the wrong move

Reactions: patdog

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
None of those guys mattered. We
Kylin Hill
knew two were tamped with resulting in their inability to play at OM. Hill had created drama on the team a long time. No loss there. No one thought "oh, Leach won't survive that".

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
None of those guys mattered. We

knew two were tamped with resulting in their inability to play at OM. Hill had created drama on the team a long time. No loss there. No one thought "oh, Leach won't survive that".
Malik Heath. Aaron Brule. Rodney Groce. Teddy Knox. Jacobi Moore. All them dudes that went to USM.

RaRa is Malik Heath 2. Good talent but replaceable. Nothing bad to say about DJ, but honestly I didn't expect he and Woody to stay 4 years.

Reactions: josebrown and Fang1

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
In a year that both NIL and transfer portal were newly in full effect?

ETA: For many of your posts, you could just keep "I don't like Leach" somewhere handy to copy and paste and save keystrokes, as could a number of posters on here.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
The biggest threat to Mississippi State football is its own fans. We could win 5 national titles in a row and the majority of our fan base would still be whiny chicken little pus*ies
And then we would be an exact replica of Bama!!

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
2 things have happened

Reactions: tired
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login