Everyone wants to talk about the offense but…

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Too much cushion and that falls on the DC. Then, our young, injured S got put in coverage with Nabors and eaten alive. We had no business covering him with a S. Again, the DC. The last two QBs we've played had their biggest games so far this season. We've got a DC issue and a slow *** LB talent issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoastDawg18

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Yeah I'd like to hear Southfarms take on this.

It seemed to me, LSU WR were just faster than our CBs. However AZ connected on some long balls. Also, on each long TD pass, our safety was late and therefore in no position to help. I guess the safeties aren't reading the play well.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I find it intriguing that we stayed in man coverage. Just like LSU stayed in man coverage when we roasted them 3 years ago 🤔🤔🤔

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
How lost did the secondary look yesterday? How can you have one of the best receivers in the conference just running wide open all day?
Our defense is as soft as melted butter. Yesterday I saw guys who didn't appear they wanted to compete. Arnett mentioned preseason that the secondary was a concern but anyone on this board could have moved the ball on that secondary yesterday.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We tried to cover one of the best WRs in college football with a kid who is banged up and inexperienced. Plus, a Safety?? Just stupid. Our CBs gave too much cushion. LBs can't cover my 3 legged dog. No pass rush without blitzing. It's talent issues in the front 7, scheme, and the DC.

Reactions: Maroon13

patdog

May 28, 2007
I've seen a lot of people complaining about the cushion our CBs give the receivers. I'm actually OK with that. But if that's your game plan defensively, you absolutely cannot get beat deep. And we get beat deep a lot.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I've seen a lot of people complaining about the cushion our CBs give the receivers. I'm actually OK with that. But if that's your game plan defensively, you absolutely cannot get beat deep. And we get beat deep a lot.

It seemed to be because we were running up to cover a receiver stopping in front of the pushed back coverage, and then he double moved right past our sprinting db to get wide open, over and over...

And Daniels lofted sometimes nice, sometimes badly thrown completions to wide open receivers, over and over, from a completely clean pocket as LSU 's 5 star O line toyed with our D lineman.

Reactions: patdog

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
again this all goes back to no DL pressure….btw where was bookie all day?

patdog

May 28, 2007
It seemed to be because we were running up to cover a receiver stopping in front of the pushed back coverage, and then he double moved right past our sprinting db to get wide open, over and over...

And Daniels lofted sometimes nice, sometimes badly thrown completions to wide open receivers, over and over, from a completely clean pocket as LSU 's 5 star O line toyed with our D lineman.
Yep. We made is very easy for them that QB & receiver to look like Heisman winners.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I could live with it if the score had been 41-31 or similar, and if our biggest problem was bltching about covering Nabors.
Being terrible on offense just makes you totally inept and effects the defense in a big way. Near the end of the first half, the TOP was like 18-4.

If I remember correctly, that's how the game went in 2009. We gave up some bombs and the punt return, but we kept pace on offense.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The one play that killed me was a 3rd and 9 and as soon as the ball was snapped everyone just ran 15 yards back, on 3rd and 9 yards. Easy shallow pass for 12 yards with no one in sight and a first down
Our defense is bad. That's what was more concerning to me. We kept arnett for defense.

Reactions: dawgman42

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yes we planned man and they played off so they could keep up. Didn't work

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login