Ewers and Manning

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Does either transfer. Don't see manning sitting another year. Don't see Ewers going to NFL. Who stays and where does the other end up. Bama needs a better qb because Milroe isn't the answer.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Does either transfer. Don't see manning sitting another year. Don't see Ewers going to NFL. Who stays and where does the other end up. Bama needs a better qb because Milroe isn't the answer.
Manning is in a perfect position. He can sit for another year as a highly paid backup while everyone talks about how great he is going to be. He doesn’t have to take any hits or blame when the team struggles. He will then get to play one year and declare for the draft without having put his body through many hits.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Arch is on the Eli plan - redshirt as a freshman & rarely get on the field as a redshirt freshman unless Ewers gets hurt. The Mannings know the playbook for success & don't have to deviate because it is 2024.
Yep, and not only that, they have even more flexibility with this plan at present. Because if Arch gets beat out, they can always transfer.

The way the system works (now and throughout history), it really doesn't pay to play early. I mean you're one of the youngest guys out there, at the most important position.

Another big thing is to jump on with a coach who had a good reputation, and is relatively new in his tenure, if possible. That tells you that you likely won't have to leave due to a coaching change.

Bartoo says that if you want to succeed in the NFL, you need to be at least a 2-year starter and play on a college team where you have to elevate the talent around you (i.e., not a blue blood). Allegedly this teaches you how to fight through adversity, etc. I personally think that one can go either way, seems like that's luck of the draw. Basically I think the key there is the kid has to be a hard worker and not scared of a challenge.

Reactions: patdog

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yep, and not only that, they have even more flexibility with this plan at present. Because if Arch gets beat out, they can always transfer.

The way the system works (now and throughout history), it really doesn't pay to play early. I mean you're one of the youngest guys out there, at the most important position.

Another big thing is to jump on with a coach who had a good reputation, and is relatively new in his tenure, if possible. That tells you that you likely won't have to leave due to a coaching change.

Bartoo says that if you want to succeed in the NFL, you need to be at least a 2-year starter and play on a college team where you have to elevate the talent around you (i.e., not a blue blood). Allegedly this teaches you how to fight through adversity, etc. I personally think that one can go either way, seems like that's luck of the draw. Basically I think the key there is the kid has to be a hard worker and not scared of a challenge.

Not sure about the non blue blood part. Lots of good qbs have played at blue bloods

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Not sure about the non blue blood part. Lots of good qbs have played at blue bloods
That's Bartoo's theory, not mine. It also depends on how you define "good" at the NFL level. And there are tons of exceptions.

But if it comes down to money, take Dak vs. Cam Newton. Dak has the longevity and long-term contracts, Cam got the signing bonus. Who knows. Main thing is to get into a situation in college where you can have some success. Many times, it's the opportunity in front of you that determines what type of team you get on. I don't see many 5 star QBs lining up to play for non-blue bloods, same as you don't see many 3 star diamonds turning down a blue blood, if they get an offer.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

Interesting take. Four of the QBs below played at "blue bloods," IF you consider Oregon and Clempson Blue Bloods.

Tier 1: Mahomes Tier:
  • 1: Patrick Mahomes – Kansas City Chiefs. ...
  • 2: Josh Allen – Buffalo Bills. ...
  • 3: Lamar Jackson – Baltimore Ravens. ...
  • 4: Justin Herbert – Los Angeles Chargers. ...
  • 5: Trevor Lawrence – Jacksonville Jaguars. ...
  • 6: Joe Burrow – Cincinnati Bengals. ...
  • 7: Jalen Hurts – Philadelphia Eagles. ...
  • 8: Dak Prescott – Dallas Cowboys.

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021

How many teams would be considered a blue blood where a QB would not need to elevate the talent around them to win a national championship?

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Arch is on the Eli plan - redshirt as a freshman & rarely get on the field as a redshirt freshman unless Ewers gets hurt. The Mannings know the playbook for success & don't have to deviate because it is 2024.
And if Arch gets drafted by the wrong NFL (or even college nowadays) team, Archie will fix it.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Interesting take. Four of the QBs below played at "blue bloods," IF you consider Oregon and Clempson Blue Bloods.

Tier 1: Mahomes Tier:
  • 1: Patrick Mahomes – Kansas City Chiefs. ...
  • 2: Josh Allen – Buffalo Bills. ...
  • 3: Lamar Jackson – Baltimore Ravens. ...
  • 4: Justin Herbert – Los Angeles Chargers. ...
  • 5: Trevor Lawrence – Jacksonville Jaguars. ...
  • 6: Joe Burrow – Cincinnati Bengals. ...
  • 7: Jalen Hurts – Philadelphia Eagles. ...
  • 8: Dak Prescott – Dallas Cowboys.
How many teams would be considered a blue blood where a QB would not need to elevate the talent around them to win a national championship?
It's a very difficult thing to quantify, to me. Basically, I think it's just an additional metric that he recommends to NFL teams to use, when analyzing whether they should draft a particular QB. Basically to help minimize the damn near certain crapshoot that it is.

There's definitely another level of player analyzation that needs to take place beyond just physical attributes, I do think that much has been proven (Jamarcus Russell).

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Arch had that "shlitz, I should be playing" look on the sideline the other night vs Washington.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login