Expansion/Realignment …Kevin Warren heading to Bears

snoopdog

Mar 25, 2008
I have read he wanted further expansion with B1G but Presidents didn’t. Wonder if this settles everything down for the foreseeable future in regards to realignment. Curious on everyone’s thoughts, including thoughts on when ACC gets closer to end of GOR what happens.

snoopdog

Mar 25, 2008
Whose Kevin Warren? Are you talking Chicago Bears? What's GOR? What's B1G?
Expansion/Realignment…Big 10 Commissioner Kevin Warren heading to The Chicago Bears NFL Football Team to become President and CEO.
Have read he wanted further expansion with Big 10 Conference in collegiate athletics but the Big 10 Presidents from the current membership of the Big 10 Universities didn’t. Wonder if this settles everything down for the foreseeable future in regards to realignment. Curious on everyone’s thoughts, including thoughts on when ACC (Atlantic Coast Conference) gets closer to end of the Grant of Rights what happens.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Expansion/Realignment…Big 10 Commissioner Kevin Warren heading to The Chicago Bears NFL Football Team to become President and CEO.
Have read he wanted further expansion with Big 10 Conference in collegiate athletics but the Big 10 Presidents from the current membership of the Big 10 Universities didn’t. Wonder if this settles everything down for the foreseeable future in regards to realignment. Curious on everyone’s thoughts, including thoughts on when ACC (Atlantic Coast Conference) gets closer to end of the Grant of Rights what happens.
I'm not a fan of super conferences and further expansion as I prefer things more locally regionalized. I still wished we woulda gotten a school from NC or VA instead of MO though. Tradition and Culture and Schit.

Reactions: patdog

snoopdog

Mar 25, 2008
I'm not a fan of super conferences and further expansion as I prefer things more locally regionalized. I still wished we woulda gotten a school from NC or VA instead of MO though. Tradition and Culture and Schit.
Agree 100%. I wonder if the NC/VA is down the road for SEC. Ever since UT/OU to SEC and USC/UCLA to Big 10, I have been very interested in what possibly lies ahead.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The Big Ten's not going to go for the AAC, MAC, MWC, Sun Belt, CUSA, or Big 12 and no SEC team outside of maybe Missouri would trade the SEC for the Big Ten. The ACC's grant of rights doesn't expire until 2036, so there were going to be no moves until maybe 2033 or 2032 at the earliest.

The only real moves the Big Ten had left to make in the immediate future were:
1. Poach more Pac schools, which would have been at most some portion of Cal-Berkeley, Oregon, Washington, and Arizona
2. Get Notre Dame, which won't happen because it has an existing contract with the ACC that it can't join any conference outside the ACC until 2036 (plus it's GOR for everything outside of football lives with the ACC)

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Agree 100%. I wonder if the NC/VA is down the road for SEC. Ever since UT/OU to SEC and USC/UCLA to Big 10, I have been very interested in what possibly lies ahead.
USC / UCLA to the Big 10 Sucks A$$ IMO.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
What are these "Presidents" you speak of ? Haven't heard that word since the big money started flying around .

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login