Facilities Improvements...

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Facilities improvements is a topic that often comes up here and in other forums.

I posted yesterday about what Northwestern wants to do with a new football stadium. Vanderbilt announced a redesign several weeks ago. But are these projects realistic or are we just going to have minor facelifts for at least the next few years?

I ask this because...

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
And the biggest reason is NIL. You want donors giving there. Also the schools building new stadiums are building at such a small capacity.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
And the biggest reason is NIL. You want donors giving there. Also the schools building new stadiums are building at such a small capacity.
I think cable TV and the increased expense of going to a game has put an end to increased capacity expansion. We need to just bowl in the empty crater and enhance the comfortability for those who attend. Leaving an endzone not bowled in is ugly and has a JC feel / look to it.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Bowl in the endzone, encourage cowbells, yell like hell and make the visitors not wanna come back.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Bowl the end zone. Even if you don’t add many seats the profile would look much better and more noise will be trapped.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Puppychow

Nov 5, 2014
Bowl it in. Doesn’t have to be fancy. Just put some seats and boxes. No serious SEC program would have trees and golf suits in their endzone.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Here's my .02

With college football being 100 or so years old, I would imagine the general seating of most stadiums are getting old AF. Most are probably modeled after whatever was acceptable in 1910-1950something.

In this day of tv and expensive cost of attending games, it would be smart for schools to upgrade their facilities to compete with the comfort of home.

obviously Everyone needs to upgrade their facilities now to modern amenities in order to keep crowds coming. However the rub is the higher interest rates and construction cost. Do you wait and rebuild down the road? Or go for it now? Or go cheap renovate (MSU) at a lesser cost? If I was strapped for cash, I'd hold off on renovations and rebuild when I had the money to do it right.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I’m more in the camp improve what we have first. Get rid of bleachers and put in chairs backs and provide better amenities. If you get that done then move on to “expanding” the stadium.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Our south endzone is an abomination. It's better than SWMCC but about on par with JCJC.
HS in MS have LED lighting shows and we can't even get that done.
We're about to do a west side reno to eliminate the press box and add suites. That's a plus but let's see how long that takes to become reality.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login