Famous Maroon Band uniforms

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I understand it’s hot but can we please wear classic band uniforms? No other SEC band dresses like they’re taking Chick-fil-A orders.View attachment 410090
No trashing the band.

most school bands wear a "summer uniform " for the first couple of weeks if the temps are high.

The FMB will be in full regalia in Columbia tomorrow and back at home next week against Alabama.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
With the jumbotron blasting and cowbells, you can't hear them anyways. Then the other band is bringing microphones with speakers.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I have nothing against the band, their music, performance on the field and during games, etc But I cringe EVERY time I see ANY band wear those stupid looking "classic" looking uniforms. What is the meaning of feathers, wool, tall hats, spats, double breasted coats, dyed white shoes, starched pants, etc.? I'd personally rather them be comfortable in matching comfortable clothing than the normal ridiculous looking "classic" uniform.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
No trashing the band.

most school bands wear a "summer uniform " for the first couple of weeks if the temps are high.

The FMB will be in full regalia in Columbia tomorrow and back at home next week against Alabama.

I’m glad to hear that they are making the trip, I’ve been to multiple road games in the past where we didn’t bring them.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Jackson State University Hbcus GIF by YouTube

Reactions: AFDawg

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I’ve always wished the band wore a slick pair of slacks and a short sleeve button down

Aug 23, 2012
I have nothing against the band, their music, performance on the field and during games, etc But I cringe EVERY time I see ANY band wear those stupid looking "classic" looking uniforms. What is the meaning of feathers, wool, tall hats, spats, double breasted coats, dyed white shoes, starched pants, etc.? I'd personally rather them be comfortable in matching comfortable clothing than the normal ridiculous looking "classic" uniform.
It’s part of the pomp and circumstance. Just like any rock band dresses in ridiculous outfits. Different but same.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Am I the only one that could give 2 ****’s about the band? Seriously, take that money and fix the speakers. It’s 2023, we don’t rely on woodwinds to make sounds anymore.

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
Kiddo marches at NC State - last week was hot as balls and they were in full uniform. I felt bad for them and wish they could have dressed down a bit.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
Pep band to SC, not full band. Just for clarity.

I wore the full uniform through all my seasons at State and we regularly had kids faint on the field in the first few games of the season. I prefer the clean look of a full uniform but I understand that society and legal exposure have us in a different place now than in the late 80s and early 90s.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I used to feel like you. But then I had a kid earn a scholarship to play in it. They work their asses off and deserve our respect.
I absolutely agree they work their asses off. I’m just at the point where either lay off them, who cares if they are wearing embroidered ********. For competition sure, or just be done with it. Stanford is fun. Let’s be like that. Or just not have a band.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Pep band to SC, not full band. Just for clarity.

I wore the full uniform through all my seasons at State and we regularly had kids faint on the field in the first few games of the season. I prefer the clean look of a full uniform but I understand that society and legal exposure have us in a different place now than in the late 80s and early 90s.
It’s really a subjective outlook for me and I get that. Like I hate ties. I think they are stupid and fall in line with the “that’s the way we always have done it” mindset. It’s an archaic tradition that harkens back to people of wealth having cloth that they could close their neck hole on a shirt. We have buttons now. Move on. Same with thousands of dollar band outfits that are uncomfortable.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
It’s really a subjective outlook for me and I get that. Like I hate ties. I think they are stupid and fall in line with the “that’s the way we always have done it” mindset. It’s an archaic tradition that harkens back to people of wealth having cloth that they could close their neck hole on a shirt. We have buttons now. Move on. Same with thousands of dollar band outfits that are uncomfortable.
I like ties, too. And bow ties. C'est la vie.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login