Fan Perseverance

whocanitbenow

Sep 8, 2024
Now I’m not talking about anyone or any program in particular, especially State. But State’s last 6 years and especially this year got me to thinking. How long are you willing to stick with a loser program as an invested fan? Again, before any message board police slither over here, I’m NOT talking about State; State’s had a rough go at it the last couple of years yea, but if you go back to Jackie’s hire, State has largely been ‘successful’ since that time comparatively speaking (just don’t go back to before that). This could be about any team or sport, college or professional, but here the question: If you’re an invested fan, both emotionally and financially, and you’ve been investing yourself in the team year after year after year after year after year, and for year after year after year after year you’ve fan-demoralized and apathetic and finally realize the organization will never care enough to truly be about winning, when do you admit it’s time to find a better investment. Or do you? Why or why not?

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Now I’m not talking about anyone or any program in particular, especially State. But State’s last 6 years and especially this year got me to thinking. How long are you willing to stick with a loser program as an invested fan? Again, before any message board police slither over here, I’m NOT talking about State; State’s had a rough go at it the last couple of years yea, but if you go back to Jackie’s hire, State has largely been ‘successful’ since that time comparatively speaking (just don’t go back to before that). This could be about any team or sport, college or professional, but here the question: If you’re an invested fan, both emotionally and financially, and you’ve been investing yourself in the team year after year after year after year after year, and for year after year after year after year you’ve fan-demoralized and apathetic and finally realize the organization will never care enough to truly be about winning, when do you admit it’s time to find a better investment. Or do you? Why or why not?
Are we still pretending Leach didnt achieve anything and his 9-4 season didnt count ? If you go back To the decisions made in the wake of his death and who made them you will discover why the program is in ruins.

Reactions: ll Martain ll

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

Your call is very important to us, please hold while we disconnect your call...

whocanitbenow

Sep 8, 2024
Are we still pretending Leach didnt achieve anything and his 9-4 season didnt count ? If you go back To the decisions made in the wake of his death and who made them you will discover why the program is in ruins.
State’s had a rough go at it the last couple of years yea, but if you go back to Jackie’s hire, State has largely been ‘successful’ since that time. Terrible decisions, too, 100%.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
You can do what many fans in this nation (and especially if you are from Meridian do) and call yourself an Alabama fan so you only have to deal with losing every now and then. If you go to State and fall in love with the place and the good people, you stick it out. I hate what I watch at the games and on tv the last two years. BUT, I bleed maroon and I will not quit. You go ahead and quit. A lot of us will complain, but we don’t give up.

whocanitbenow

Sep 8, 2024
You can do what many fans in this nation (and especially if you are from Meridian do) and call yourself an Alabama fan so you only have to deal with losing every now and then. If you go to State and fall in love with the place and the good people, you stick it out. I hate what I watch at the games and on tv the last two years. BUT, I bleed maroon and I will not quit. You go ahead and quit. A lot of us will complain, but we don’t give up.
Good god, I should've known you legitimately can't bring up certain topics and expect the lot here to be mature enough to engage. Put your tater tots and chicken nuggets down and grow up.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I can no longer eat tater tots or chicken nuggets, steak, hamburgers, or drink coffee, but I don’t think about laying down and quitting.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Good god, I should've known you legitimately can't bring up certain topics and expect the lot here to be mature enough to engage. Put your tater tots and chicken nuggets down and grow up.
^^first time enduring football suck^^

You come here and post about “when do you quit on your team when it sucks (but not talking about State at all)”
And

“Hope no mod squad comes over here”
And

Then have the audacity to accuse me of holding chicken nuggets when you know damned well I’m enjoying the new Spicy Chicken Bacon Deluxe from Wendy's.

It’s like tasting a winning season in a sandwich.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
For my entire life, I've subscribed to this line of thinking. I do love Mississippi State. However..... there is a reason 90% of people are blue blood fans. .... and as I've aged...I get it.

I've never met a true Vandy fan. I've met many UT fans. For example.

Reactions: whocanitbenow

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Very un-Dude.
Here's a profile pic since you don't have one yet.

Troll Face GIF

Reactions: 85Bears

whocanitbenow

Sep 8, 2024
^^first time enduring football suck^^

You come here and post about “when do you quit on your team when it sucks (but not talking about State at all)”
And

“Hope no mod squad comes over here”
And

Then have the audacity to accuse me of holding chicken nuggets when you know damned well I’m enjoying the new Spicy Chicken Bacon Deluxe from Wendy's.

It’s like tasting a winning season in a sandwich.
I think I clearly laid out my point of view. And I was here in the Croom years, 'bruh'. I remember going to see State play every year in that 81' Chevy Wagon, ala Lampoon's Vacation (weren't around for that were you, Skippy), at Veteran's Memorial, eating Happy Meals from McDonalds's on the way and then looking forward to those game programs that were really solid if you rolled them up-do you remember actual game programs, buddy?? So I know a thing or two about State football and the long suffering of being a State fan. So there, since I guess now we have to demonstrate our State laurels to doofeys like you. Go to he!!-maybe not for eternity, but a couple hundred years should do the trick.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I think I clearly laid out my point of view. And I was here in the Croom years, 'bruh'. I remember going to see State play every year in that 81' Chevy Wagon, ala Lampoon's Vacation (weren't around for that were you, Skippy), at Veteran's Memorial, eating Happy Meals from McDonalds's on the way and then looking forward to those game programs that were really solid if you rolled them up-do you remember actual game programs, buddy?? So I know a thing or two about State football and the long suffering of being a State fan. So there, since I guess now we have to demonstrate our State laurels to doofeys like you. Go to he!!-maybe not for eternity, but a couple hundred years should do the trick.
For the record it is a one way trip.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg