FC: M'Fer article on his selections for new coaching hires....

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Free on TOOOS - but, if you don't want or care to read, his prognosticated hires of note....

Nebraska - Bill O'Brien
LSU - Mel Tucker
Miami - Mario Cristobal
USC - James Franklin

Wonder why he didn't have any hires to replace the guys leaving for these jobs?

@Tom McAndrew - if linking articles to other sites/competitors is verboten, please edit/delete as necessary. Thx!

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
@Tom McAndrew - if linking articles to other sites/competitors is verboten, please edit/delete as necessary. Thx!

I'm not sure what the policy is.

Way, way back, when BWI got their 1st major competitor, we did remove links to that site, or edited posts to remove links to that site.

After a 2nd major competitor appeared, things got kind of murky. Then you had competitors #1 and #2 merge. Then a number of fan sites appeared.

I have never linked articles from a competitors site. I didn't think it was something I should be doing. However, I stopped deleting posts or editing out links from posts by others that did so.

Now we add in the dynamic that most of us spent years on Rivals.

Working through the complexities, my thinking is that free articles from competitors (Rivals & 24/7) are fine, while paid articles should not be linked (and summaries of paid articles should never be posted). In additions, articles from other sites (Black Shoe Diaries, Roar Lions Roar, Victory Bell, etc.) are also fine. If I get different instructions from On3, I'll pass them along.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
BO'B (nie FLO) to Nebraska? Seems as bad of fit as JoeMo to Mississippi State

Yeah, I don't get that at all. Thinking the article was loosely based on this kind of research technique...

Animated GIF

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Unless BOB has completely changed his feelings towards recruiting there's zero chance he's taking a job with literally no natural recruiting territory that will involve selling two decades of mediocrity across the country.

And I don't see them becoming a finesse pass team anytime soon. I think OB would be a good fit at certain college jobs - Penn State, Notre Dame, Michigan, maybe USC. I think the more it's an 'east coast' school with solid academics the better. Maybe Boston College or Syracuse if he was desperate enough.

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
I realize the guy is throwing crap at the wall but I'm not convinced Frost will be out the door at Nebraska. I know they're not happy with the record but they've been in every game they've play this season with the exception of the Northwestern blow out. Needless to say, the final three games of the season are huge for Frost. Play OSU tough then beat Wisconsin and Iowa, I think Frost will be back in 2022.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Free on TOOOS - but, if you don't want or care to read, his prognosticated hires of note....

Nebraska - Bill O'Brien
LSU - Mel Tucker
Miami - Mario Cristobal
USC - James Franklin

Wonder why he didn't have any hires to replace the guys leaving for these jobs?

I find Bill O going to Nebraska completely laughable. 🤷‍♂️

Zone-Blitz

Oct 29, 2021
Any possibility of Franklin to USC will depend on how our season finishes. 6-6 or 7-5 is going to be a tough sell to the USC faithful in my opinion, especially after being 4-5 last year

Reactions: BobPSU92

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
I realize the guy is throwing crap at the wall but I'm not convinced Frost will be out the door at Nebraska. I know they're not happy with the record but they've been in every game they've play this season with the exception of the Northwestern blow out. Needless to say, the final three games of the season are huge for Frost. Play OSU tough then beat Wisconsin and Iowa, I think Frost will be back in 2022.
Frost may be back in 2022 but the other 3 are not happening.
If I was Frost and I'm trying to convince them to keep me the first thing I would do is get rid of their QB coach. Martinez hasn't improved since he was a freshman.

MJG-90

Oct 12, 2021
Working through the complexities, my thinking is that free articles from competitors (Rivals & 24/7) are fine, while paid articles should not be linked (and summaries of paid articles should never be posted). In additions, articles from other sites (Black Shoe Diaries, Roar Lions Roar, Victory Bell, etc.) are also fine. If I get different instructions from On3, I'll pass them along.
Didn’t BSD merge with Rivals? 😂 😉

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login