FC/OT: CFP BUBBLE WATCH!!!

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
Pay attention to anything Ari Wasserman says at your own risk. Dude is the biggest blowhard in CFB that is unfortunately given a vocal platform. He brings down a good writer/talk show guy like Andy Staples with his presence.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
5 games go to conference winners. That leaves 7 at large.

Minimum 3 more from the SEC
Minimum 2 more from BiG
ND

That leaves 1. It could be another team from the BiG but that seems far from guaranteed. What if the ACC gets Miami + 1 loss Louisville? What if the Big 12 gets Utah + another 1 loss team? What if Liberty finished undefeated in CUSA or if there's a 1 loss team in the AAC or Pac 12?

Assume PSU finishes 10-2 with losses to USC and OSU. There won't be any signature wins. Who is to say that's better than an undefeated MAC team like NIL who beat ND?

My opinion is that 9-3 won't do it. We have to finish in the top 8 or 9 to qualify. I'm rooting against Oregon & USC because they are our biggest competition. I'm also hoping that somebody else can knock off ND.

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
My first thought was “we’ve only played 2 games and most of the top-ranked teams have played pure cupcakes.” A long way to go before I can get vested in these types of predictions.

I don’t disagree - but narratives are important and this kind of stuff adds to it. Now, winning solves everything (well, not for FSU), but these things usually come down to perception and how well teams perform relative to established narratives. USC game is really becoming key to the CFP IMO.