FC/OT: Nebraska unveils Osborne Legacy Complex…

Snide75

Oct 30, 2021
Is there a steroid counter for Nebby players at the Tom Osborne Legacy complex?
Have a friend that wrestled for them in the early 80's, and was told steroids were rampant on those football teams. It definitely wasn't a secret to anyone involved with athletics there

Reactions: Psu00

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Same here. I went around 2011 when I did that stupid One Team ****. I thought Lasch was a dump. Paint chipping all over the place. Dirty carpets and my high school has a nice meeting room and my high school didn't have a nice meeting room. I loved Joe but the facilities needed a lot of work.
Lasch looked spotless when I was there a few years before you. I imagine it doesn't take 100 players + staff very long to wear out the carpet. I'm not sure about paint chipping but it probably needs regular touchups.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Not even close. Penn State alternated fullbacks so all “12” of the starters on offense were drafted and/or played in the NFL. The pollsters dropped Penn State from No 1 the week that it beat OSU 63-14. Had to make sure Osbourne got his sympathy natty. The irony is that Nebraska’s 1995 team was the best team in the country.
I thought the pollsters moved PSU down after they only beat Indiana 35-29. IIRC Indy scored 16 late points against PSU reserves.

Reactions: BobPSU92

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Have a friend that wrestled for them in the early 80's, and was told steroids were rampant on those football teams. It definitely wasn't a secret to anyone involved with athletics there
Wasn't there some sort of testing?

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
nebby in those days with walk-on offensive linemen built like walk-in freezers that no one else recruited. Probably all just a misunderstanding.

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
Not even close. Penn State alternated fullbacks so all “12” of the starters on offense were drafted and/or played in the NFL. The pollsters dropped Penn State from No 1 the week that it beat OSU 63-14. Had to make sure Osbourne got his sympathy natty. The irony is that Nebraska’s 1995 team was the best team in the country.
I'm aware. The PSU offense was absolutely stellar in 94. The defense was average. There is no way to know for sure who would have won, but the game should have been played.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
I'm aware. The PSU offense was absolutely stellar in 94. The defense was average. There is no way to know for sure who would have won, but the game should have been played.
Penn State would have won that game. As good as Nebraska’s defense, Penn State was going to score. And I don’t ever recall a team having any success running the option against a Sandusky defense.

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
Penn State would have won that game. As good as Nebraska’s defense, Penn State was going to score. And I don’t ever recall a team having any success running the option against a Sandusky defense.
I would have picked PSU to win. That's not the same thing as knowing who would have won.

manatree

Oct 6, 2021

Jamelle Holieway & the Sooners had enough success to win 25-10.

OptionBob

Oct 12, 2021
Jamelle Holieway & the Sooners had enough success to win 25-10.
You're right. However, Hollieway amassed a grand total one ONE yard rushing on 12 carries. I doubt his rushing was a reason for the success of the Wishbone that night.

Carr managed 87 yards on 18 carries until that final 4th quarter run of 61 yards folowing a missed PSU FG. The deflated defense knbew at that point that at 19-10, there would be no comeback. Then Carr broke free for the long TD run.

Furthermore, Carr's long run was the only rushing TD for the Sooners. The 71-yard TD pass to the TE (after the starting DB was injured) was OU's sole touchdown while the game was in doubt.

I actually don't credit Sandusky as much as I do Joe Paterno for Penn State's ability to defend the Wishbone. The Lions shut out the #1 rushing team in the country (at the time) in 1969, West Va. Then came the destruction of the Texas vaunted Wishbone in 1971.

Even the OU Wishbone struggled to dominaye the Lion defense in 1972 despite Penn State having basically no offense with John Cappelletti out with an illness in that game. The whole offense was on John Hufnagel with only Walt Addie as a viable run threat. OU, in a harbinger of 1985, used passes to Tinker Owens to score on that 1972 Lion defense.

Reactions: Connorpozlee

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
You're right. However, Hollieway amassed a grand total one ONE yard rushing on 12 carries. I doubt his rushing was a reason for the success of the Wishbone that night.

Carr managed 87 yards on 18 carries until that final 4th quarter run of 61 yards folowing a missed PSU FG. The deflated defense knbew at that point that at 19-10, there would be no comeback. Then Carr broke free for the long TD run.

Furthermore, Carr's long run was the only rushing TD for the Sooners. The 71-yard TD pass to the TE (after the starting DB was injured) was OU's sole touchdown while the game was in doubt.

I actually don't credit Sandusky as much as I do Joe Paterno for Penn State's ability to defend the Wishbone. The Lions shut out the #1 rushing team in the country (at the time) in 1969, West Va. Then came the destruction of the Texas vaunted Wishbone in 1971.

Even the OU Wishbone struggled to dominaye the Lion defense in 1972 despite Penn State having basically no offense with John Cappelletti out with an illness in that game. The whole offense was on John Hufnagel with only Walt Addie as a viable run threat. OU, in a harbinger of 1985, used passes to Tinker Owens to score on that 1972 Lion defense.
I guess it depends on how you define success. Statistics or scoreboard.