Feel good video of the week.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
The man with the stick could have really hurt him….and likely would have ended with death. Good on the hood citizen.

I bet uncle Larry doesn’t shop at Jazeebs One Stop anymore.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Not to thread hijack but I’ll never forget:

I took a solo trip out to Denver about 3/4 years back…meeting up with a long time buddy. I rented a cheap air BB in Morrison for a day so I could hike redrock.

The owner of the air BB was super sweet, hippi ish lady in her early 40’s…..she shared a glass of wine with me right after I arrived.

I’ll never forget the conversation….probably one of the best ones I’ve had with a complete stranger. We began to discuss our upbringings, which lead to many questions about the south.

She didn’t understand why people carried firearms, didn’t understand the notion of “your vehicle is an extension of one’s home”
And absolutely could not wrap her mind around the fact of self defense.

As she explained, nothing materialized is worth the loss of life….she put it a lot more eloquently. And since, I’ve looked at these situations differently. She’s right, although it can be a slippery slope, especially someone burglarizing a residence while it’s occupied.

She was bewildered that I slept on top of two pump shotguns, one on either side of the mattress. As the conversation pushed on, both of us remained respectful and civil.

I could tell that she honestly learned a few things about dignity and courage…..

What she didn’t realize was that I learned much more, through her devotion to peace and tranquility…..merit and faith. I’ll never forget that particular happy hour. To this day, we keep in touch and send all the positive vibes, without judgment.

I still sleep with my guns and she still would willingly let someone rob her house and car…..but I somehow respect her decision.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016

I took a solo trip out to Denver about 3/4 years back…meeting up with a long time buddy. I rented a cheap air BB in Morrison for a day so I could hike redrock.

The owner of the air BB was super sweet, hippi ish lady in her early 40’s…..she shared a glass of wine with me right after I arrived.

I’ll never forget the conversation….probably one of the best ones I’ve had with a complete stranger. We began to discuss our upbringings, which lead to many questions about the south.

She didn’t understand why people carried firearms, didn’t understand the notion of “your vehicle is an extension of one’s home”

As she explained, nothing materialized is worth the loss of life….she put it a lot more eloquently. And since, I’ve looked at these situations differently. She’s right, although it can be a slippery slope, especially someone burglarizing a residence while it’s occupied.

She was bewildered that I slept on top of two pump shotguns, one on either side of the mattress. As the conversation pushed on, both of us remained respectful and civil.

I could tell that she honestly learned a few things about dignity and courage…..

What she didn’t realize was that I learned much more, through her devotion to peace and tranquility…..merit and faith. I’ll never forget that particular happy hour. To this day, we keep in touch and send all the positive vibes, without judgment.

I still sleep with my guns and she still would willingly let someone rob her house and car…..but I somehow respect her decision.
I can understand her reasoning but materials are life, or at the very least they are the means to live. Once a person decides to use violence or the threat of violence to take things they deserve no protection from a violent response. It’s one thing to steal from an unoccupied building, it’s another thing to directly threaten and batter people to get their stuff.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I can understand her reasoning but materials are life, or at the very least they are the means to live. Once a person decides to use violence or the threat of violence to take things they deserve no protection from a violent response. It’s one thing to steal from an unoccupied building, it’s another thing to directly threaten and batter people to get their stuff.
I hear people say if you shoot somebody breaking into your home then you value your possessions more than their life. Not true, but the thief certainly values my possessions more than his life. If someone breaks into an occupied dwelling then you have to assume they will do whatever is necessary to not get caught and sent to jail.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

I respect her decision too but she’s not right in thinking others should feel the same as her or want the law to agree with her.

But good for her.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I hear people say if you shoot somebody breaking into your home then you value your possessions more than their life. Not true, but the thief certainly values my possessions more than his life. If someone breaks into an occupied dwelling then you have to assume they will do whatever is necessary to not get caught and sent to jail.
Let me be clear.

i value my stuff more than I value a thief’s life.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Can’t wait for the usual suspects to way in!
half baked help GIF

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
Correct. If someone has no qualms about taking that big of a risk just to get their paws on some jewelry or a flat screen, prudence dictates that you must assume that your own safety and well being is of no concern to them. My granddaddy always said "shoot first, ask questions later".....

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017

I work with a guy that says that's why you have insurance. He can't believe I would shoot a guy stealing my TV. He says it's just a TV. Says I value a TV more than a human life. I said hell yes. It's my TV

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022

I agree with both of you, unfortunately during an issue you do not have the luxury to know if it is just your cash or vehicle they are stealing or is that individual going to shoot you after you hand them your wallet or keys.

There are some crazy people out there, but no more than usual regardless of what the TV and media wants you to think. Per capita we are probably down overall on violent crimes. We just hear about every single one of them, every day, and God forbid if someone shoots more than one person and is white.

I personally wouldn't shoot someone that is robbing me, and I wouldn't choose to have my wife have an abortion. Neither of my choices means anyone else doesn't have the right to make their choices to defend theirs or make their own family decisions.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Let me be clear.

i value my stuff more than I value a thief’s life.
I do too, but! I took some advanced pistol classes beyond what was required for an enhanced carry in Ms. One class we had a retired judge and lawyer speak and it really changed my thought process on whether I would pull the trigger. The average successful lawsuit post shooting, that you win , will cost you on average $80,000 in court and attorney costs. The lawsuit that you lose on average will cost you in excess of $250,000 after appeals and this isn’t including any damages awarded. The message was that whatever your defending better be worth more than 80 grand or there better be actual fear of life because every criminal has a mother or an uncle who looks at a self defense shooting as winning the lottery. Even if I’m carrying, you want my wallet thats got a couple hundred bucks and some credit cards in it, I’ll hand it over but you threaten me or my family and I’ll risk the lawsuits.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Is it controversial to state that not all human lives are equal?
It may be controversial but it’s not wrong. I look at people all the time and think, has that person ever or will they ever contribute anything positive to society? Will they ever be anything more than a parasite leeching off others? That’s a slippery slope though because everyone has a mother.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
It may be controversial but it’s not wrong. I look at people all the time and think, has that person ever or will they ever contribute anything positive to society? Will they ever be anything more than a parasite leeching off others? That’s a slippery slope though because everyone has a mother.

Woah, woah. I was strictly speaking in the home invasion or threat to my family scenario. Everyone should value their own & family's lives over mine.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
Pakistanian brutality.
Probably not paki, but definitely Punjabi Sikh brutality.

@Lettuce would your CO friend rather shoot a home invader or take the chance of being raped…or worse.
I certainly understand the gravity of killing someone. I’m not shooting someone I catch breaking into my car or garage unless I’m threatened, they just need to run away.
Break into my house knowing I’m inside and they don’t run…pewpew

Last edited:
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login