Feel good video of the week.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Probably not paki, it definitely Sikh brutality.

@Lettuce would your CO friend rather shoot a home invader or take the chance of being raped…or worse.
I certainly understand the gravity of killing someone. I’m not shooting someone I catch breaking into my car or garage unless I’m threatened, they just need to run away.
Break into my house knowing I’m inside and they don’t run…pewpew
We agreed to disagree…..but to hear someone defend their stance on the matter, without subject of judgement or ridicule to my stance, or hers……it was refreshing.

As I remember, our conversation never achieved hypothetical situations but we both walked away having respect for each other.

I’m not sure what lead her to the starch/stark mindset….. I didn’t questioned it.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
Look - if they are taking things that don't rightfully belong to them, they get what's coming to them. I don't go rob people not just because it's wrong but also because I know there could be lethal consequences. I wouldn't steal anyway (in normal circumstances - I get that sometimes people must get super desperate) Noone is forcing you to steal or to break into someone's home or business.

If you break into my home - prepare to be met with lethal force.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I do too, but! I took some advanced pistol classes beyond what was required for an enhanced carry in Ms. One class we had a retired judge and lawyer speak and it really changed my thought process on whether I would pull the trigger. The average successful lawsuit post shooting, that you win , will cost you on average $80,000 in court and attorney costs. The lawsuit that you lose on average will cost you in excess of $250,000 after appeals and this isn’t including any damages awarded. The message was that whatever your defending better be worth more than 80 grand or there better be actual fear of life because every criminal has a mother or an uncle who looks at a self defense shooting as winning the lottery. Even if I’m carrying, you want my wallet thats got a couple hundred bucks and some credit cards in it, I’ll hand it over but you threaten me or my family and I’ll risk the lawsuits.
Oh I’m not arguing that it’s gonna cost me/you or that I want to pay that, but I’m perfectly ok with a POS dying who breaks into someone’s house to steal something.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I do too, but! I took some advanced pistol classes beyond what was required for an enhanced carry in Ms. One class we had a retired judge and lawyer speak and it really changed my thought process on whether I would pull the trigger. The average successful lawsuit post shooting, that you win , will cost you on average $80,000 in court and attorney costs. The lawsuit that you lose on average will cost you in excess of $250,000 after appeals and this isn’t including any damages awarded. The message was that whatever your defending better be worth more than 80 grand or there better be actual fear of life because every criminal has a mother or an uncle who looks at a self defense shooting as winning the lottery. Even if I’m carrying, you want my wallet thats got a couple hundred bucks and some credit cards in it, I’ll hand it over but you threaten me or my family and I’ll risk the lawsuits.
That’s exactly what people have to consider when they decide to carry guns for protection. That consideration has to be done long before you find yourself pointing a firearm at another person. Even in MS deadly force is only allowed when there is a threat or an implied threat of death or serious bodily harm.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
No it isn't, and it never was. Thanks for acknowledging black lives matter.
some people have no sociably redeemable value - the caveman would have either killed these people or forced them from the tribe where they surely would have been killed

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
That’s exactly what people have to consider when they decide to carry guns for protection. That consideration has to be done long before you find yourself pointing a firearm at another person. Even in MS deadly force is only allowed when there is a threat or an implied threat of death or serious bodily harm.

In Mississippi, the law states that you are allowed to use defensive force if another person has or is in the process of forcibly entering your legally occupied property. This is not restricted to just your home. It can extend to a business, place of employment or a vehicle.

Mississippi has a stand your ground law that removes the duty to retreat before using deadly force in defense of oneself or another as long as the person is not the initial aggressor and is in a place they have a right to be

What is the Castle Doctrine?​

The Castle Doctrine was passed in Mississippi in 2006 and exists as an amendment to the country’s justifiable homicide law, which varies from state to state.

In Mississippi, the law states that a person is allowed to use defensive force if another person has or is in the process of forcibly entering the former person’s legally occupied property. This isn’t restricted to just a dwelling. It can extend to a business, place of employment, or even a vehicle.

A portion of the law states that homicide is justifiable in certain circumstances:

• Any degree of force, including deadly, is permitted as long as a person is attempting to defend their personal space and/or are facing potential imminent death or great bodily harm if they do not do so.
  • Civilians are able to use lethal force, whether by hand or weapon, to defend against a person trying to perform a felony attack on them, such as murder, assault, or rape, or to protect someone else.
With the Wayne Parish case, surveillance cameras had captured footage of the teenager, Charles McDonald, being shot. He had been trying to break into Parish’s car when Parish, who was armed, came out to confront him. A struggle had ensued over the weapon and it went off, killing McDonald. Authorities recently confirmed that the charges against Parish had been dropped because McDonald had been attempting to break into the former’s vehicle – which is covered by the Castle Doctrine.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
There is an actual threat and implied threat when you break into someone’s house.

Why do we protect criminals over innocent people? Why would you even want to?

SteelMule32

Nov 22, 2013
I can relate to this. When my brother and I were younger, we fist fought all the time. He cheap shotted me one time and I couldn’t catch him to beat his a**. I waited until he got in the shower. I snuck into the bathroom and he was singing while in the shower not knowing I snuck into the bathroom. All I could see was ankles sticking out from under the shower curtain and how was I gonna get him back. Our plunger was sitting next to the toilet. I grabbed it and beat the hell out his ankles. He was hurt. I went to the living room sat down, watching tv, and laughing my a** off.

I saw him go into his room and comes out with a rather large hunting knife saying he was gonna stab me. I took off running and never caught me. I guess the store owner knew everyone’s weakness is beating anyone with a wooden stick into submission on their ankles. I’m sure that it is painful.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Not to thread hijack but I’ll never forget:

I took a solo trip out to Denver about 3/4 years back…meeting up with a long time buddy. I rented a cheap air BB in Morrison for a day so I could hike redrock.

The owner of the air BB was super sweet, hippi ish lady in her early 40’s…..she shared a glass of wine with me right after I arrived.

I’ll never forget the conversation….probably one of the best ones I’ve had with a complete stranger. We began to discuss our upbringings, which lead to many questions about the south.

She didn’t understand why people carried firearms, didn’t understand the notion of “your vehicle is an extension of one’s home”
And absolutely could not wrap her mind around the fact of self defense.

As she explained, nothing materialized is worth the loss of life….she put it a lot more eloquently. And since, I’ve looked at these situations differently. She’s right, although it can be a slippery slope, especially someone burglarizing a residence while it’s occupied.

She was bewildered that I slept on top of two pump shotguns, one on either side of the mattress. As the conversation pushed on, both of us remained respectful and civil.

I could tell that she honestly learned a few things about dignity and courage…..

What she didn’t realize was that I learned much more, through her devotion to peace and tranquility…..merit and faith. I’ll never forget that particular happy hour. To this day, we keep in touch and send all the positive vibes, without judgment.

I still sleep with my guns and she still would willingly let someone rob her house and car…..but I somehow respect her decision.
I've had a lot of liberal friends, some from overseas, that thought guns were evil. I've also had some friends from outside the country that were way more conservative than me and told me gun ownership was one of the reasons they came to the US.
I've enjoyed many conversation with both groups about guns. I was talking with a couple of my British friends about guns and told them, "Guns don't kill people." They looked at me like I had lost my mind and asked why I said such a ludicrous thing. I said, "the bullet kills them and it can't find the person without the person holding the gun." I've found that most people that grew up in a big city hate guns. The only time they hear one they know something bad is happening.
On the flip side, where we live we hear guns going off all the time and don't think anything about it. I respect everyone's opinion on guns. I just don't respect anyone that wants to take that right away from American citizens.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login