Feels like we should have heard something on Briles

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
I will say that you never know who is going to end up getting a text from their nephew on the team and decide to put it online.

That said, I have no vested interest in being first, or best, or breaking news. Just sharing the only interesting thing that had popped up in the Briles search on line. I'll leave it alone now, sorry! :D

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I agree, and I also think both Briles and Jefferson coming together is and always has been a total pipe dream. With the low salaries we are paying Brock and Arnett, we can certainly afford to go above and beyond to get Briles with “on the books” money. But we absolutely in no way can compete with them in NIL or “off the books” money that they can throw down to keep Jefferson.
We can't compete with Pig on NIL $$ for Jefferson?

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
The one issue that nobody here seems to discuss for the obvious reason is that even though it may be a "lateral move" in our MSU minds, it's not. It's going to a smaller school with less money. Sure, MSU was the 3rd best SEC West team this season over 5th place Arky, but it is a downward move in terms of prestige/perception/national view/whatever/etc.
"Perception is reality" - Lee Atwater
17 This.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
That tweet might be legit. It's been retweeted a few times. Supposedly that guy is a booster

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
The one issue that nobody here seems to discuss for the obvious reason is that even though it may be a "lateral move" in our MSU minds, it's not. It's going to a smaller school with less money. Sure, MSU was the 3rd best SEC West team this season over 5th place Arky, but it is a downward move in terms of prestige/perception/national view/whatever/etc.
"Perception is reality" - Lee Atwater
Who is laughing now, TXDawg.sixpack?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login