FG in NFL

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I haven’t found an easy stat for the past 5 years, but this is 2009-2019. Not exactly automatic.

View attachment 660866View attachment 660867

Your stats are old. It's early in the season, but kickers in the NFL ate off yhe charts so far.

Through the first two weeks of this season, NFL kickers were 35/37 on kicks of over 50 yards. The two misses were both by Justin Tucker, who is one of the best kickers in the league but is going through a slump right now.

The Cowboy's Brandon Aubrey missed a 51 yarder against the Giants Thursday, dropping him to 6/7 on kicks of 50+ this season.

In week 2, there were 73 made FGs, an NFL record.

In week 3, I think less than 50% of 50+ yard FGs were good, moving the averages back toward the mean, but still almost 75% of long FGs were good.

You don't consider rule changes based on stats less than 25% of the way through the season, but there are a LOT of kickers in the league right now who coaches don't hesitate to trot out for 60 yard attempts.

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
Your stats are old. It's early in the season, but kickers in the NFL ate off yhe charts so far.

Through the first two weeks of this season, NFL kickers were 35/37 on kicks of over 50 yards. The two misses were both by Justin Tucker, who is one of the best kickers in the league but is going through a slump right now.

The Cowboy's Brandon Aubrey missed a 51 yarder against the Giants Thursday, dropping him to 6/7 on kicks of 50+ this season.

In week 2, there were 73 made FGs, an NFL record.

In week 3, I think less than 50% of 50+ yard FGs were good, moving the averages back toward the mean, but still almost 75% of long FGs were good.

You don't consider rule changes based on stats less than 25% of the way through the season, but there are a LOT of kickers in the league right now who coaches don't hesitate to trot out for 60 yard attempts.
I’m sure it will regress to the mean by the end of season. Was 84% in 2023

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login