Final Class Rankings?

SpeckTaker

Nov 1, 2012
When are the classes officially ranked? The rankings as they are now will surely change after the second signing day won’t they?

Sep 9, 2012
Rivals has us at 13. In the 247 rankings that uses their player evaluations we are at 17. But on the 247 composite we are at 22 because garbage ESPN has us at 28-30.

I don’t know why they even include ESPN in the rankings. But still a better class than normal, and it looks really deep. Even most of our three stars are within a couple of points of being four stars.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Rivals has us at 13. In the 247 rankings that uses their player evaluations we are at 17. But on the 247 composite we are at 22 because garbage ESPN has us at 28-30.

I don’t know why they even include ESPN in the rankings. But still a better class than normal, and it looks really deep. Even most of our three stars are within a couple of points of being four stars.

How do you find that 247 rankings vs composite rankings on their site?

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
I remember when half were two stars and when we signed a four star we went outside to set off fireworks. Now we're getting decent players.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
It means I think your wear an ascot, and prefer cold chicken tenders.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
When are the classes officially ranked? The rankings as they are now will surely change after the second signing day won’t they?

They will change a decent amount between now and the end of the February signing day. But we will end up just like we always do….ranked somewhere in the 20-30 range with a lot of solid contributors, but not nearly as many top end elite talents as 2/3 of the SEC. Hopefully the elite guys we do get are on defense and OL, because we can scheme around deficiencies in the other areas with the Air Raid.

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
This is really strange. Rivals has us 13, 247 at 17 and ESPN at 28, but you can only see their rankings if you pay for them I think. On3 has us at 25 but their rankings aren't right either. They say we have two 5 stars in Nicholson and Lewis when you look at our signings, but on the list of teams ranked, we only have one 5 star. Interesting they give us any 5 stars at all if you asked me.

Either way this looks to be a really good class. I think 247 would have the most clout. Someone on another board said 12 out of our 22 signees were ranked 4 star by at least one of the four recruiting sites.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Brilliant. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I do think I'd look good in an ascot eating escargot with a nice Chardonnay. Good call.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
All I know is I don’t se a single player in this class that can’t be a SEC player and it’s the most balanced for position of need I have ever seen. Leach knows what he is doing. There are no five star guys but plenty of talent that could become NFL level possible with work.

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
All I know is I don’t se a single player in this class that can’t be a SEC player and it’s the most balanced for position of need I have ever seen. Leach knows what he is doing. There are no five star guys but plenty of talent that could become NFL level possible with work.

Yep, the difference (especially at OL) is that many of Mullen’s guys had offers from G5 type schools but all these guys had offers from P5 programs. It does not seem that we signed any “projects” so to speak.

natchezdawg

Oct 4, 2009
I might have to tune into Bo Bounds in the morning..

so I can listen to him explain how were doing it wrong...

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
A wise man(guy) once said…”Locks are on the door, and the stars are in Hollywood California”…anyone who can name that dude wins a prize.

Hint: If you were a degenerate sports wagerer in the mid 90’s you might know him. A much better version of that idiot tout guy on Bounds show.

Last edited:

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Someone said you have to pay to get this but the link works when you post it. If I go to 247, I only get the composite and not the 247 rating. That sound right?

What do Alabama, Texas, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Florida State, Michigan, and LSU have in common?..................................None of those schools signed a 5 * player today. Clemson signed one 5*

Last edited:

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
What do Alabama, Texas, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Florida State, and LSU have in common?..................................None of those schools signed a 5 * player today. Clemson signed one 5*

??? What does that have to do with the price of cookies?

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Yep, the difference (especially at OL) is that many of Mullen’s guys had offers from G5 type schools but all these guys had offers from P5 programs. It does not seem that we signed any “projects” so to speak.
This is the difference. And honestly, it shows in the rankings.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login