Fire Lemonhead!

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
What a pathetic ******* attempt at a ninth inning. 3 ******* walks, who does this?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Why did he take the starting pitcher out of the game? He only had around 70 pitches and he was still throwing strong. Help me understand the coaching staff decisions. Then he left the next guy in too long. Then he took the next guy out too early. If they are pitching good and still has steam in his pitch leave him in there. I am done and itis only the second game of the season. I am not buying in until they are in a regional.

Reactions: patdog and skydawg1

patdog

May 28, 2007
Why did he take the starting pitcher out of the game? He only had around 70 pitches and he was still throwing strong. Help me understand the coaching staff decisions. Then he left the next guy in too long. Then he took the next guy out too early. If they are pitching good and still has steam in his pitch leave him in there. I am done and itis only the second game of the season. I am not buying in until they are in a regional.
One of my biggest pet peeves in baseball. Don’t take out a pitcher who is pitching well. But it happens all the time. Not just us. The silver lining here is, our transfer from the Big 20 (or however many teams they have now), had a good outing.

Reactions: Doubledawgblitz

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Too many things to even think about.

Our 6-9 hitters????

Jordan and Hines are pitchable, both will kill a mistake but pitchable.

still very poor fundamentals.

still no answers for the pen

People in love with Stephen’s. He threw 75% fastballs and probably half those were right down the middle. Not sure that’ll work

Maybe it’ll improve

Reactions: Maroon13

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

He had thrown 80 pitches in 40 degree weather in his first serious competition in months.

That should have been enough to get us to a win and was probably about the max of what they were going to let him do.

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
Every coach in the nation has their pitchers on a pitch count during their first outing of the season, especially when it is 40 degrees outside.

I’m on of the biggest Lemonis critics out there, but this is a huge stretch.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

He had thrown 80 pitches in 40 degree weather in his first serious competition in months.

That should have been enough to get us to a win and was probably about the max of what they were going to let him do.

** Sorry about the double post**

Last edited:

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Every coach in the nation has their pitchers on a pitch count during their first outing of the season, especially when it is 40 degrees outside.

I’m on of the biggest Lemonis critics out there, but this is a huge stretch.
Long way to go but if we can’t count on Holcomb for 2 innings against low level comp it’s gonna be a long year anyway.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
It won't matter. We'll just get some other no-name dope who has no clue how to build and maintain a winning roster at a program with some of the greatest fans and for sure one of the best stadiums in the country.
What are you basing that on?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
You all just keep up taking up for ****** coaches just like you have the previous two seasons. I have a serious feeling this season is going the same route. I hope I am proven wrong. I want to win but I don't think this head coach can do it with his own players that he has to develop.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It's a good thing I didn't watch the game. I completely forgot that we had a game today. Now, I don't have to check my blood pressure. I'm not gonna weigh in on this one except to say it's early. I know it doesn't look that great but we're still ironing things out. Let's wait and see what happens

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

** Sorry about the double post**
Hell, it should have been enough anyway.

Don’t get me wrong, Holcombe’s walks sucked, but pitching has still been a heavy overall positive in both games. You can’t score 2 damn runs and blame the pitching or the walks for a 1-run loss.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Well, we do have a no-name AD, likely to get a no-name coach… see football.
Well, State football is a much less attractive job than State baseball.

And I honestly don’t understand the whole “no name AD” thing. Was Byrne a big name AD in his first year? Was Stricklin? Like, did you expect us to go steal another SEC AD or something?

As far as first time ADs go, Selmon is probably as well known as you could get. Storied football family and learned under probably the most respected AD in sports at OU.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
It was 38 degrees and we looked like we didn't want to be there.

patdog

May 28, 2007
You all just keep up taking up for ****** coaches just like you have the previous two seasons. I have a serious feeling this season is going the same route. I hope I am proven wrong. I want to win but I don't think this head coach can do it with his own players that he has to develop.
It's 2003 football all over again.

Reactions: GloryDawg

SixTall

Nov 26, 2017
I played baseball long ago and no where near the level of SEC. But, I played enough to know hitting is like a treacherous woman, it'll walk out on you when you least expect it and need it the most. And, that's why you can't have innings like the 6th. Does the modern baseball player not understand the value of a runner on 3rd with one out vs two? The fly ball would have scored Chester and gave us the 2-1 lead, if not thrown out at 2nd.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Y'all talking pitching. Hitting isn't so great. 2 runs on AF number 2 pitcher??!?

Come on, man.
Listening to late inning radio with Jim Ellis. Both of our announcers said the AF #2 pitcher tonight was their #1 last year. They just moved him to Saturday so he wouldn't go head-to-head with our perceived Fri. night #1 guy. Figured that would give them a chance to win at least 1 game in the series. Smart move if true. Their actual #2 who threw Fri. night almost gave them a shot at winning 2 games. We didn't even pull away from him until the 7th & 8th innings when their bullpen got exposed.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Listening to late inning radio with Jim Ellis. Both of our announcers said the AF #2 pitcher tonight was their #1 last year. They just moved him to Saturday so he wouldn't go head-to-head with our perceived Fri. night #1 guy. Figured that would give them a chance to win at least 1 game in the series. Smart move if true. Their actual #2 who threw Fri. night almost gave them a shot at winning 2 games. We didn't even pull away from him until the 7th & 8th innings when their bullpen got exposed.
The first two guys they threw today combined to throw 1.2 innings last year.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login