Fire Lemonhead!

Oct 13, 2012
It's a good thing I didn't watch the game. I completely forgot that we had a game today. Now, I don't have to check my blood pressure. I'm not gonna weigh in on this one except to say it's early. I know it doesn't look that great but we're still ironing things out. Let's wait and see what happens
year #3 of starting the season with this mindset

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
IMO Lemonis can make the obvious decisions but sucks at anything that requires a minimum amount of baseball nuance. It's like he struggles to play in the present. He looks down at his play card like it can predict the future. I'm all about analytics, but his usage of it is piss poor. It's been the same shltshow for going on 3 years now.

I'm dead serious when I say this...fire him the next time we have a late collapse revolving around his crappy decisions. These boys deserve better. I get it. Someone can get rocked in the 9th. Errors happen. Not correcting them OR expecting them to miraculously fix themselves in real-time is the problem.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
He looks down at his play card like it can predict the future. I'm all about analytics, but his usage of it is piss poor. It's been the same shltshow for going on 3 years now.
analytics in the hands of someone who knows how to use them can be a valuable tool. Analytics in the hands of someone who doesn’t really understand them or over-relies on them can be a disaster.

Reactions: aTotal360 and HRMSU

patdog

May 28, 2007
I was being sarcastic. I’ve said all along I don’t think we are as talented as some here do.
Yeah. We’re clearly not. SEC coaches picked us dead last in West with only one 2nd team all SEC player for a reason.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
We got Lemonis because no elite coach wanted to work for Cohen.
Looking likely Lemonis is going to get fired this year. But let’s all stop the Lemonis was mistake line… he won a national championship. I don’t care that he didn’t put the majority of that roster together. And it sucks he let fall apart after the title. However, he was the right coach for that time and even if I knew he was going to flame out, I’d hire him all over again for the national title.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Polk was consistently good, won the SEC, competed for the SEC on a regular basis and got to Omaha when SEC baseball wasn't nearly as dominant. Never won a Natty but it's good to win. I enjoy watching the team win. It's nice to have a Natty but I'm not attending games to watch the team lose while reminiscing about a Natty we won a few years ago. I hope this isn't the third year in a row I don't enjoy watching State baseball as much as I should. I don't pay to watch a movie just to leave disappointed. I don't want to tell others "but we won a Natty not long ago and what about our stadium" comments in response to supporting an average team again.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login