First 2023 Mens Basketball commit

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Gai Chol, a 7 foot center. Had quite a few offers and was thought by some to be going to Auburn.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Gai Chol, a 7 foot center. Had quite a few offers and was thought by some to be going to Auburn.

Color me surprised that this post has zero interaction after 5 hours. Have we become that disinterested in MBK?

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
Color me surprised that this post has zero interaction after 5 hours. Have we become that disinterested in MBK?

I hope Jans turns it around. I hope he takes us to the tournament every year. I just have zero desire to get caught up on MBB recruiting when it will be rarer for a kid to stay than to transfer.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
I’m a huge basketball guy but I’m way more interested in seeing Jans on court product as opposed to recruiting. Under Howland recruiting was the biggest thing for him but Jans seems like the type that will build teams on a year to year basis where as CBH recruiting was a multi year project

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
3 star (could be 4 in a year) center player highlights

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
I’m a huge basketball guy but I’m way more interested in seeing Jans on court product as opposed to recruiting. Under Howland recruiting was the biggest thing for him but Jans seems like the type that will build teams on a year to year basis where as CBH recruiting was a multi year project

I’m extremely excited about the Jans era. I think he’s one of those coaches that gets the most out of his roster. The guy only only lost 13 conference games in 5 years at NMSU. I don’t give a **** what conference you’re in, that’s damn impressive. I’m ready to see some hard nosed defense that I haven’t seen in 10 years.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Dude looks raw as hell, but seems to move really well for a guy that size...

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Just speaking for myself obviously, but

A) Considering the 9 post-Stans years that we've endured over the last decade, I just have zero expectations for men's basketball any longer until I see the team play a few games. I used to track recruiting on daily basis, but I don't get the feeling that Jans is going to wow us with a bunch of huge signings. It'll be more about getting these kids to buy in to his system and play together (at least I hope)

B) If you've followed State basketball recruiting for as long as I have, it's easy to be a little shell shocked and apprehensive when hearing about 7 footers

C) I'm looking forward to seeing how this kid develops over the next year, but if we're being honest, the 247 rating would be bottom quartile of overall SEC commits. We're going to need Jans to get the absolute most that he possibly can out of these kids

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
B) If you've followed State basketball recruiting for as long as I have, it's easy to be a little shell shocked and apprehensive when hearing about 7 footers

"apprehensive" is the correct word. Rarely do these types of big men amount to much for us.

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
We're going to need Jans to get the absolute most that he possibly can out of these kids

I agree and I think Jans is the kinda coach that can do that. I don't give a **** if we aren't flashy on offense. But, I think Jans knows defense. I got so sick of Howland's teams continually leaving shooters wide *** open every game. If we win games 52-49, that's fine by me. I just wanna freaking win.

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
Conservatively excited about this guy. I saw one of his former coaches talking about Gai's attitude and how hard he works. Said he would not be outworked.

He actually called him a 'gym rat'... If that's true, he is also a stereotype groundbreaker and will be the largest gym rat on record.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Cautiously skeptical on anything related to recruiting for over a year away.

If we sign him and he ends up being a major contributor, color me duly impressed

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login