First state game I have been to since Mullen’s last year

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I took my 2 oldest daughters to their first state game 7 years ago. It was against LSU and we absolutely demolished them. It was beautiful. From the moment you walked on campus it was amazing. People were everywhere and the excitement was palpable. It was so much fun

Fast forward to today. Took my youngest for her first game. No problem getting a parking space. I parked over close to the old industrial education building. Walked in through engineering row onto the drill field. Almost Total silence. Not a soul to be seen. We walked over to the union and there were maybe a dozen people in there getting breakfast. Walked over to the game. I have never seen fewer people tailgating in my life.
And no one really seemed to care about the game at all

I was going to write more, but honestly it just isn’t worth it. That wasn’t fun. At all. My life doesn’t allow me to go back to state like I would have liked to, but after today i don’t care. I would never pay money to experience that again.

The only positive was my 9 year old loved her cowbell and had a great time. At halftime she asked if we were winning.

ETA: I don’t blame people for not going to games. I was trying to say there is no one there because of the shitshow we are putting on the field

Last edited:

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
So you took your kids to the first game in years and you wanna ***** about people not showing up or tailgating?!! It’s ok for you to not show up but when you come you wanna see a packed house. Got it.

First, I wasn’t complaining about people not being there. The lack of crowd was because of the horrendous product We are putting on the field.

Secondly, the reason that I haven’t been able to go back to state is because I have a severely disabled daughter at home that makes it very difficult to travel. Thank you for being an ******* though.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
It's late season and we suck. It's not going to be an awesome hyped up game day experience crowd. Reminds me of the end of Jackie early croom years. But when your defense is this bad, you know you have no hope of winning. That's why they say defense wins championships. It's the foundation for winning. If you can't stop someone it's not going to be fun. Especially if your offense can't keep up because the opposing team at least has a pulse.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Attendance next week is going to be hilarious.

I’ve been to every game this year just to spend time with my family. Always enjoy my time. I’m out for the rest of the year though. Had fun but I’m heading to the woods. I can’t watch this defense anymore.

22yardpunt

Dec 20, 2009
It is an intrinsic leadership problem. They don’t get it, and I don’t believe that they really give a ****.
Can’t say I don’t disagree that they don’t give a damn. Selmon never talks about championship, greatness, grit, all that stuff. He’s just here putting in his time until something better comes along. Everyone knows that. He’s so laid back and smoky it’s no wonder that our teams are soft. We need people that CARE and will work their damn A S S off to make sure that happens.

Reactions: PhredPhantom

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
It is an intrinsic leadership problem. They don’t get it, and I don’t believe that they really give a ****.
It reminds me of bureaucrats who really don’t care that much, they know the future direction of tv contracts, counting on sec tv money, revenue sharing that will at least make the budget floor stable. But as far as winning games they are just going through the motions.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
First, I wasn’t complaining about people not being there. The lack of crowd was because of the horrendous product We are putting on the field.

Secondly, the reason that I haven’t been able to go back to state is because I have a severely disabled daughter at home that makes it very difficult to travel. Thank you for being an ******* though.
One of the biggest problems we have at this university now is that you have to defend yourself. I don't think it's a fan's fault, but I guarantee you we'll be blamed for it. I enjoyed your story about taking your kids to the game.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
For the first time in 50 years of watching Bulldog football I have left at halftime the last two weeks. This is Charlie Shira bad. A $100M budget should buy more than this crap. The lack of tough, physical play is especially worrisome as State always played hard nose ball even when we lost.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
They may not get it, but you can bet your *** they care. $$$$$$. Selmon is a new AD. His career is on the line. He cares too, in a big way. Y'all just need to listen to how idiotic y'all sound.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawg84

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

Bravo!

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
Can’t say I don’t disagree that they don’t give a damn. Selmon never talks about championship, greatness, grit, all that stuff. He’s just here putting in his time until something better comes along. Everyone knows that. He’s so laid back and smoky it’s no wonder that our teams are soft. We need people that CARE and will work their damn A S S off to make sure that happens.
Selmon = Hutzler

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login