Five questions for the CFP committee

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
The bold is where you lose me. Neutral site games and bowls are so dull, and teams need an incentive to try to get their ranking as high as possible, not merely trying to be in the top 16.
If BAMA played Penn State in the Nashville Music City Bowl for a 1st round playoff game, you think that would be dull? Or if Ohio St. played N.Carolina in Indianapolis at Lucas Oil Stadium? So, very few of those fans would travel less than 10 hrs to see those matchups? I have a hard time seeing how those games would be dull. Maybe Miss. State plays UCLA in Dallas at the Cowboys Stadium......I think a few fans would likely travel to Dallas to see that. I know I would. Or maybe we play Notre Dame in St. Louis at the Dome in Americas Center. That would be a lot more than dull to me. I'd rather play Notre Dame in St. Louis than in South Bend. And I'd much rather play BAMA in Nashville, Charlotte, or Jacksonville than in Tuscaloosa for a 1st round playoff game.

Last edited:

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
If BAMA played Penn State in the Nashville Music City Bowl for a 1st round playoff game, you think that would be dull? Or if Ohio St. played N.Carolina in Indianapolis at Lucas Oil Stadium? So, very few of those fans would travel less than 10 hrs to see those matchups? I have a hard time seeing how those games would be dull. Maybe Miss. State plays UCLA in Dallas at the Cowboys Stadium......I think a few fans would likely travel to Dallas to see that. I know I would. Or maybe we play Notre Dame in St. Louis at the Dome in Americas Center. That would be a lot more than dull to me. I'd rather play Notre Dame in St. Louis than in South Bend. And I'd much rather play BAMA in Nashville, Charlotte, or Jacksonville than in Tuscaloosa for a 1st round playoff game.
I'd rather earn the higher seed and play them in Starkville. There's got to be some kind of incentive to get the highest seed possible.

And yes, while a 1-off game in Nashville between Alabama and Penn State could be exciting, when it's 3 or 4 consecutive weeks with only a few days' notice, it's going to be hard to get them consistently packed out. It won't be nearly as hard at home sites because at least one of them will have fans close by.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login