Flying Cowbells

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
I'm taking the family to Tampa and have never tried to fly with a cowbell in my carry-on. I hate checking luggage. Suprise, "cowbell" isn't on their list of approved or prohibited items. The closest thing I could find is a baseball bat. Those are approved for checked bags, but not a carry-on. Shirley someone here has experience with this. Please share...
1670373850303.png

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I've never tried to put one in my carry-on. I would err on the side of checking it unless it's the difference between having to check bags and not check bags.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Anything they think can be used for Blount force trauma can be taken. I wouldn't risk it unless it was a Walmart special.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Call your airline and ask. That’s what I’ve usually done when I’ve had questions about whether or not I could carry something on.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I'm taking the family to Tampa and have never tried to fly with a cowbell in my carry-on. I hate checking luggage. Suprise, "cowbell" isn't on their list of approved or prohibited items. The closest thing I could find is a baseball bat. Those are approved for checked bags, but not a carry-on. Shirley someone here has experience with this. Please share...
View attachment 274919
Put it in a check bag. It only takes around 20 minutes each side.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Ship them to your hotel in a box, I've started pre-shipping all kinds of stuff from work to my destination so I can use only a carry on bag. Its usually cheaper than an extra suitcase and I don't have to physically carry stuff from parking, through terminals, to the rental etc. Just check w/ your hotel and make sure how to address it where it will be held and available when you get there.

Last edited:

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
View attachment 274919
You're gonna have to check that bag, chief.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Ship them to your hotel in a box, I've started pre-shipping all kinds of stuff from work to my destination so I can use only a carry on bag. Its usually cheaper than an extra suitcase and I don't have to physically carry stuff from parking, through terminals, to the rental etc. Just check w/ your hotel and make sure how to address it where it will be held and available when you get there.
Not a terrible idea.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
I have shipped stuff to and from events -- clothing, props, etc. -- with success. It can be great to avoid either a checked bag or overweight bags. Still a risk, though.

If you're flying Delta, they do a great job with bag tracking. Their app notifies you when each bag has been loaded onto the plane and when it's coming to the baggage carousel.

If you are an iPhone user, those Air Tags are pretty cool for keeping up with your stuff. I am an Andoid guy and am just using Tile until we get something similar.

In this case, I'd just check a bag, but I thought the other information might be useful.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login